ADVERTISEMENT

KM @ South Point

Dude there you go. I knew you were coming 😂. You must have forgotten that your star qb changed school districts a couple of times lol. Oh wait that’s different lol. Getting that ‘L’ when you guys went all out stings huh lol.
It doesn’t sting to see those players and coaches put it all on the line the right way. Losses happen in sports. Crest and Km are the two best in a Hs super conference. Km isn’t as good as I thought they’d be though.
Where do you get your false info? Starting qb has lived in Belmont his whole life. Went to a private school 5 minutes away from Belmont for one year… then transferred back….that’s it. We really don’t have star players by the way. It is sad the true Km kids are deemed not good enough to do it by themselves. Its also sad that so many of those players on your roster jumped ship at their former schools in a “If you can’t beat ‘em , join em” move. Nobody is impressed that Cleveland county makes all star teams from various states, counties and towns’ kids. It just proves y’all couldn’t get there on your own in non split class playoffs and the transplants weren’t good enough to do it from where they came from. This is nothing against the kids at these programs ; this is solely on the programs/coaches , boosters and parents that are all part of the deceitful system.
This is Not sour grapes on anybody else’s part either- it’s just the truth and everybody ……everybody ….knows it. There is no comeback or explanation. Everybody knows what is going on. Cleveland county and Dudley should group up and play all large private schools so you all are on the same, level playing field regarding recruiting and transfers. That would likely garner some respect amongst the state’s programs. Until then…..*asterisks* for you all.

Just wanted to say I am very proud of the Red Raiders this year despite being 3-4. They have really given their fans some very exciting moments this year. Three games to go before playoffs and I expect more thrilling moments. However, I must mention the RR offense seems to have become very predictable. Understandably, the run game has done well for the RRs, especially against average or below-average. teams. KM defensive strategy of stacking the box seems to have worked well. I usually don't suggest anything.... as I am far from being part of the team. BUT... would it hurt to throw the football a little more? Say, somewhere about 25% of the time? Losing some tough games to EL, CC, Crest, and KM (all above-average teams) is tough to swallow. Perhaps a few passes to the first down marker would open up the run. A ridiculous thought I know...... But that is why I am ridiculouslyRED!! Go ahead fellow posters... I know you have it coming for me!!!!

Just wanted to say I am very proud of the Red Raiders this year despite being 3-4. They have really given their fans some very exciting moments this year. Three games to go before playoffs and I expect more thrilling moments. However, I must mention the RR offense seems to have become very predictable. Understandably, the run game has done well for the RRs, especially against average or below-average. teams. KM defensive strategy of stacking the box seems to have worked well. I usually don't suggest anything.... as I am far from being part of the team. BUT... would it hurt to throw the football a little more? Say, somewhere about 25% of the time? Losing some tough games to EL, CC, Crest, and KM (all above-average teams) is tough to swallow. Perhaps a few passes to the first down marker would open up the run. A ridiculous thought I know...... But that is why I am ridiculouslyRED!! Go ahead fellow posters... I know you have it coming for me!!!!
I understand what you are saying….but those teams you mentioned are all state championship winning or near state champ. Material. They’re a little above average. The last 5 years in Hs football it is a new day. SP like many other programs are playing from behind the eight ball vs some of these programs. It is what it is

Exactly! So each team must try to do something a little different or a little better to overcome what has occurred over the last five years. BTW, what do you think has changed in the last five years? Asking for a friend!

Violin Player GIF

It doesn’t sting to see those players and coaches put it all on the line the right way. Losses happen in sports. Crest and Km are the two best in a Hs super conference. Km isn’t as good as I thought they’d be though.
Where do you get your false info? Starting qb has lived in Belmont his whole life. Went to a private school 5 minutes away from Belmont for one year… then transferred back….that’s it. We really don’t have star players by the way. It is sad the true Km kids are deemed not good enough to do it by themselves. Its also sad that so many of those players on your roster jumped ship at their former schools in a “If you can’t beat ‘em , join em” move. Nobody is impressed that Cleveland county makes all star teams from various states, counties and towns’ kids. It just proves y’all couldn’t get there on your own in non split class playoffs and the transplants weren’t good enough to do it from where they came from. This is nothing against the kids at these programs ; this is solely on the programs/coaches , boosters and parents that are all part of the deceitful system.
This is Not sour grapes on anybody else’s part either- it’s just the truth and everybody ……everybody ….knows it. There is no comeback or explanation. Everybody knows what is going on. Cleveland county and Dudley should group up and play all large private schools so you all are on the same, level playing field regarding recruiting and transfers. That would likely garner some respect amongst the state’s programs. Until then…..*asterisks* for you all.
First let me say I can’t wait until we get some more kids moving to KM lol. 2nd let me say sour grapes again for you. Fans like you are an embarrassment to the other SP fans. What about the previous two years we have whomped y’all? You contradict yourself all the time about what is a transfer. Elementary, middle school, or high school? Or they have to be birthed in KM hospital lol. If families move then should their kids not play high school sports because they attended elementary and middle school in another district? Over 90% of KM players are born and bred in KM. Most of the transfers have KM roots through parents and family. KM has never had another team’s STAR player transfer into KM. South Point also reached out to a couple of the same kids who moved into KM’s district as freshmen with no varsity experience and SP would have had NO problem playing them if they came there. I know for a fact that SP “representatives” have reached out about players who never lived in Belmont. SP people were reaching out about kids who played at Grier Middle when Grier were in their run. All of this come straight from their parent’s mouths. SP has had kids move into their district from other districts but you are okay with that. Your wholesome Red Raider program has had players who came from Mt. Holly, Charlotte, Gastonia, and other parts of your county. SP has forfeited games due to using an ineligible player in their football history so you been doing it for years. KM doesn’t have forfeits in their football history ever. The way that Gaston County operates their academic and athletic programs there will be a whole lot more movement. Also let’s not stop at football. Let’s take a look at all the baseball transfers that SP have gotten for years. Also I can talk about how Belmont has some middle school athletic advantages due to how GC operates that you are really mad doesn’t translate to high school athletics. If you want to slang rocks then let’s slang them but you still have to wear that “L” from last night.

I can’t speakfor any KM fan coach or player.

I can only really speak for one Crest fan. Me.

But it is my observation that no Crest fan coach or player gives one big fat flip what anyone thinks about what we have going on. Especially anyone from Gaston County and Belmont in particular.

We rollin’.

You either get with the times or you get left behind.

If you ain’t down with that. I got 2 words for ya.

PS. That’s SP’s center in his new Crest uniform

d generation x wrestling GIF by WWE

Hey Suck are you new to the forum? I don’t think I’ve seen you on here before.
GO BIG RED !!!
No. I just couldn’t figure out how to get someone on this site to help me get signed into my old name (Suck3rPunch10). I just don’t post much anymore. I’ve been on here about 20 years or so.

Reactions: crestrulz
I don’t think much has changed since I started watching football. The team with the better players that executes well usually always wins. You can bout run anything if you have talent and/or execute the plays.

THE Mighty Red Raiders don’t care about Crest, KM, Shelby or Burns. We let them worry about us. It’s fun guessing about which wannabe posters piss down their legs come Red Raider week. I’d say, “Screw all of you”, but we all know you screw each other any way! Red and Black, baby!!!

First let me say I can’t wait until we get some more kids moving to KM lol. 2nd let me say sour grapes again for you. Fans like you are an embarrassment to the other SP fans. What about the previous two years we have whomped y’all? You contradict yourself all the time about what is a transfer. Elementary, middle school, or high school? Or they have to be birthed in KM hospital lol. If families move then should their kids not play high school sports because they attended elementary and middle school in another district? Over 90% of KM players are born and bred in KM. Most of the transfers have KM roots through parents and family. KM has never had another team’s STAR player transfer into KM. South Point also reached out to a couple of the same kids who moved into KM’s district as freshmen with no varsity experience and SP would have had NO problem playing them if they came there. I know for a fact that SP “representatives” have reached out about players who never lived in Belmont. SP people were reaching out about kids who played at Grier Middle when Grier were in their run. All of this come straight from their parent’s mouths. SP has had kids move into their district from other districts but you are okay with that. Your wholesome Red Raider program has had players who came from Mt. Holly, Charlotte, Gastonia, and other parts of your county. SP has forfeited games due to using an ineligible player in their football history so you been doing it for years. KM doesn’t have forfeits in their football history ever. The way that Gaston County operates their academic and athletic programs there will be a whole lot more movement. Also let’s not stop at football. Let’s take a look at all the baseball transfers that SP have gotten for years. Also I can talk about how Belmont has some middle school athletic advantages due to how GC operates that you are really mad doesn’t translate to high school athletics. If you want to slang rocks then let’s slang them but you still have to wear that “L” from last night.
Lol at this whole post. Making stuff up, convincing yourself it’s true and talking about it like it’s reality doesn’t make it true. SP don’t run in the aau football and basketball circles. They don’t have recruiters, and don’t have boosters who pay for little boys to come to school from other counties (wink). MS athletic advantages? Lmao. You have a lot of rogue and made up theories on why SP has done well in sports for 50 years…..and you don’t know one actual reason or fact as to why.
Regarding KM…..Everybody knows.

Lol at this whole post. Making stuff up, convincing yourself it’s true and talking about it like it’s reality doesn’t make it true. SP don’t run in the aau football and basketball circles. They don’t have recruiters, and don’t have boosters who pay for little boys to come to school from other counties (wink). MS athletic advantages? Lmao. You have a lot of rogue and made up theories on why SP has done well in sports for 50 years…..and you don’t know one actual reason or fact as to why.
Yes EVERYBODY knows KM has STARTED kicking SP butt.

Definitely not making anything up. I was very close to one of situations that I mentioned in particular about trying to get a kid from Grier to SP. VERY close. SP and Ashbrook both tried to get him. Kid’s family moved into Huss district under McCoy and GC had people at their house every other night checking lol. People in glass houses shouldn’t throw rocks. SP are not turning down any athletes that move into their district and SP inquire about middle school kids beyond Belmont Middle. You guys have had a multitude of Cramerton Middle kids in ALL sports who lived in the Stuart Cramer district end up at SP. You like to research, research that. Belmont benefits from the ineptitude of GC. The status quo is changing and you are mad. Take this “L” for the 3rd year in a row. Also KM doesn’t have an aau football program lol. It has a youth program and a pop Warner program. At least get that part right.

Guys I’m just proud to be from Belmont. Although Belmont has changed significantly since the mills closed. I left for Cabarrus County in 1988. I returned in 2015. It’s the same place, but not the same type people. The old timers are still here but the new comers don’t have the history, the heritage or the home town zeal I grew up with.
I said all that to say kids go to school where their family wants them to go. Whether that be a change in location or just providing transportation. There is now and always will be people who try to persuade kids to go to a particular school. Recruiting. Personally I prefer homegrown or at least kids living in the district. It is what it is. Line em up and play. If your school has better athletics, your school will probably win. If outright recruiting is permitted in one county and not another, it makes the playing field uneven. So be it. Play ball.
GO BIG RED !!!

Guys I’m just proud to be from Belmont. Although Belmont has changed significantly since the mills closed. I left for Cabarrus County in 1988. I returned in 2015. It’s the same place, but not the same type people. The old timers are still here but the new comers don’t have the history, the heritage or the home town zeal I grew up with.
I said all that to say kids go to school where their family wants them to go. Whether that be a change in location or just providing transportation. There is now and always will be people who try to persuade kids to go to a particular school. Recruiting. Personally I prefer homegrown or at least kids living in the district. It is what it is. Line em up and play. If your school has better athletics, your school will probably win. If outright recruiting is permitted in one county and not another, it makes the playing field uneven. So be it. Play ball.
GO BIG RED !!!
I agree with about 95% of what you typed. Fans and other people giving their opinions to parents/athletes is completely different from a kid/family being overtly recruited by a program. Parents moving for a program or school is completely different than being recruited to one. Parents are going to make the best decision with whatever info they have for their kids. This is normal parent behavior not abnormal behavior. Coaches usually have no idea of transfers until they show up to workouts especially if those same kids transferred in their 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th grade years. This past year NG’s best player transfers to Ashbrook but no one cares because Ashbrook isn’t a threat to SP. If that same kid would have transferred to Crest, Shelby, or Kings Mtn then some GC fans would have had a hissy fit. Kids want to play for better programs and parents today realizing they have options so close by is huge in today’s environment. This isn’t just a football issue or even a GC or CC issue. This is today’s times. Student movement is normal. Gaston County has a problem but many don’t see it yet. GC schools has a huge nepotism type issue when it comes to hiring practices for teachers and coaches. How many outside coaching hires have come into GC to run a high school football program in the last 20yrs. Very few out of 11 high schools in 20yrs. How is that possible? GC is stuck in the same ideas by the same people running things since the 70’s. These GC high school coaches better get off their butts and really connect with the GC youth football programs. Relationships are important. Huss doesn’t have many resources to offer but McKoy’s hometown relationships while he was at Huss is what made parents take a chance on moving into Huss district to be coached by him. It was all about the relationships he built. Definitely wasn’t the facilities lol.
The perception in GC with middle and youth households who have kids that play sports are that CC does it bigger and better. When CC teams travel to GC only SP will come close to having comparable fan support. The kids and their parents see all of this. Those kids/parents also see the school pride. They also see the facilities in CC. Instead of GC coaches bad mouthing the CC programs how about showing those kids how YOU and your program will help them with achieving their academic and athletic development goals. I think we all can be football fans of our teams but we also have to be able to stand back and evaluate objectively and factually without looking through rose colored glasses. The question I would be asking is what reason would I have to keep my kids in GC schools?

I agree with about 95% of what you typed. Fans and other people giving their opinions to parents/athletes is completely different from a kid/family being overtly recruited by a program. Parents moving for a program or school is completely different than being recruited to one. Parents are going to make the best decision with whatever info they have for their kids. This is normal parent behavior not abnormal behavior. Coaches usually have no idea of transfers until they show up to workouts especially if those same kids transferred in their 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th grade years. This past year NG’s best player transfers to Ashbrook but no one cares because Ashbrook isn’t a threat to SP. If that same kid would have transferred to Crest, Shelby, or Kings Mtn then some GC fans would have had a hissy fit. Kids want to play for better programs and parents today realizing they have options so close by is huge in today’s environment. This isn’t just a football issue or even a GC or CC issue. This is today’s times. Student movement is normal. Gaston County has a problem but many don’t see it yet. GC schools has a huge nepotism type issue when it comes to hiring practices for teachers and coaches. How many outside coaching hires have come into GC to run a high school football program in the last 20yrs. Very few out of 11 high schools in 20yrs. How is that possible? GC is stuck in the same ideas by the same people running things since the 70’s. These GC high school coaches better get off their butts and really connect with the GC youth football programs. Relationships are important. Huss doesn’t have many resources to offer but McKoy’s hometown relationships while he was at Huss is what made parents take a chance on moving into Huss district to be coached by him. It was all about the relationships he built. Definitely wasn’t the facilities lol.
The perception in GC with middle and youth households who have kids that play sports are that CC does it bigger and better. When CC teams travel to GC only SP will come close to having comparable fan support. The kids and their parents see all of this. Those kids/parents also see the school pride. They also see the facilities in CC. Instead of GC coaches bad mouthing the CC programs how about showing those kids how YOU and your program will help them with achieving their academic and athletic development goals. I think we all can be football fans of our teams but we also have to be able to stand back and evaluate objectively and factually without looking through rose colored glasses. The question I would be asking is what reason would I have to keep my kids in GC schools?
Straight facts!

Reactions: shutdownD24
You said it all right there. Families are looking for what they think will be best opportunity for their kid. If you are able, you make that move. Cleveland County has several things going for it: tradition coaching, facilities and support. I would not be surprised to see a lot of current Gaston County high players make a move next year. I know some GC middle school parents of football players already got their eyes looking west.

You said it all right there. Families are looking for what they think will be best opportunity for their kid. If you are able, you make that move. Cleveland County has several things going for it: tradition coaching, facilities and support. I would not be surprised to see a lot of current Gaston County high players make a move next year. I know some GC middle school parents of football players already got their eyes looking west.
I know for a fact that GC sports parents are looking west to CC. All I can say is get ready lol. If Crest and KM both remain unbeaten going into their matchup the hype surrounding that game is going to draw kids from almost every middle school and youth football program in GASTON COUNTY to John Gamble Stadium. That game atmosphere will speak for itself to impressionable kids.

Last edited:
Shutdown I agree with most everything you said as well. You did say something in there about GC coaches badmouthing CC programs. I can’t say you’re wrong but I can say I’m personally not aware of it.
As far as hiring coaches SP has hired from within every time a vacancy has occurred but once. Unless the wheels fall off the bus, I don’t see that changing and I hope it doesn’t.

East Gaston is slowly becoming respectable. Changing a losing culture is not easy.
I think it would be extremely difficult to take over a program that has had little to no success for years and then turn that program around.
Although while living in Cabarrus County for 28 years I saw it take place. Coach Mike Johns turned a losing program around. It didn’t happen overnight and they never won a State Championship. I’n Coach Johns last few years led Mt Pleasant to several conference titles along with playoff appearances. Compared to where the Mt. Pleasant program was before he came, you can definitely say Coach Johns turned them around.

Reactions: shutdownD24
Shutdown I agree with most everything you said as well. You did say something in there about GC coaches badmouthing CC programs. I can’t say you’re wrong but I can say I’m personally not aware of it.
As far as hiring coaches SP has hired from within every time a vacancy has occurred but once. Unless the wheels fall off the bus, I don’t see that changing and I hope it doesn’t.

East Gaston is slowly becoming respectable. Changing a losing culture is not easy.
I think it would be extremely difficult to take over a program that has had little to no success for years and then turn that program around.
Although while living in Cabarrus County for 28 years I saw it take place. Coach Mike Johns turned a losing program around. It didn’t happen overnight and they never won a State Championship. I’n Coach Johns last few years led Mt Pleasant to several conference titles along with playoff appearances. Compared to where the Mt. Pleasant program was before he came, you can definitely say Coach Johns turned them around.
The coaches I referenced were from two of the Gastonia high schools. SP has by been immune to some of the issues effecting other parts of the county. I am also impressed with what EG is doing. They are building their program brick by brick. I think the Warrior program has a lot of potential.

Reactions: SPRaiders78
The coaches I referenced were from two of the Gastonia high schools. SP has by been immune to some of the issues effecting other parts of the county. I am also impressed with what EG is doing. They are building their program brick by brick. I think the Warrior program has a lot of potential.
Just looking at the area, in two more alignments I could see them going down to 1A. The newer charter school hasn't effected the current high school numbers yet but they have already doubled since opening to close to 700 pre high school (k-8) kids and will be adding high school to it. That's a significant number that potentially could be lost each year as those 8th graders move into high school at the charter rather than East Gaston. With the numbers right now, if those kids stay charter, that's a 250-275 student loss every 4 years for EG.

Definitely not making anything up. I was very close to one of situations that I mentioned in particular about trying to get a kid from Grier to SP. VERY close. SP and Ashbrook both tried to get him. Kid’s family moved into Huss district under McCoy and GC had people at their house every other night checking lol. People in glass houses shouldn’t throw rocks. SP are not turning down any athletes that move into their district and SP inquire about middle school kids beyond Belmont Middle. You guys have had a multitude of Cramerton Middle kids in ALL sports who lived in the Stuart Cramer district end up at SP. You like to research, research that. Belmont benefits from the ineptitude of GC. The status quo is changing and you are mad. Take this “L” for the 3rd year in a row. Also KM doesn’t have an aau football program lol. It has a youth program and a pop Warner program. At least get that part right.
I didn't say they had an aau program. I insinuated that the aau type interested youth recruiters that hang around football and basketball programs and try to use kids as currency are heavily involved currently (and in the past at various points) with KM, HH, Ashbrook, Crest and Shelby. But- as everyone knows...there is one place to go play youth football in KM and they bring in kids from around the greater area which is very aau-like. There ain't no glass houses in Belmont. Whatever situation you're referring to from Grier is pretend. Nobody in Belmont is going to Grier for anything...never have and never will. I'm sure you're referring to DD....and SP wasn't in and didn't want to be in the sweepstakes for him, chazz, sl or anybody else that was the youth flavor of the week in the aau interested cousin uncle scenarios. Whether you accept it or not....it is very obviously SP doesn't deal in those realms or else we wouldn't be constantly prodded by the crest folks as "midgets". I am starting to feel like you are an offended cousin uncle who ALSO wasn't recruited by SP like so many other programs do.

I didn't say they had an aau program. I insinuated that the aau type interested youth recruiters that hang around football and basketball programs and try to use kids as currency are heavily involved currently (and in the past at various points) with KM, HH, Ashbrook, Crest and Shelby. But- as everyone knows...there is one place to go play youth football in KM and they bring in kids from around the greater area which is very aau-like. There ain't no glass houses in Belmont. Whatever situation you're referring to from Grier is pretend. Nobody in Belmont is going to Grier for anything...never have and never will. I'm sure you're referring to DD....and SP wasn't in and didn't want to be in the sweepstakes for him, chazz, sl or anybody else that was the youth flavor of the week in the aau interested cousin uncle scenarios. Whether you accept it or not....it is very obviously SP doesn't deal in those realms or else we wouldn't be constantly prodded by the crest folks as "midgets". I am starting to feel like you are an offended cousin uncle who ALSO wasn't recruited by SP like so many other programs do.
SP has the exact same thing with the way it runs their youth and middle school programs so stop with the 🧢. That is SP’s advantage over the other GC high schools. The youth to SP pipeline. KM actually has two youth football programs. A youth program and pop Warner program. I am not knocking SP. I respect the fact that they have been able to keep their distance from some of the things that are happening within GC. GC athletics can’t even get SP to participate in that weak Gaston County Jamboree. Heck you guys played in the CC jamboree lol. I am a KM football alumni. I would have never put on that SP uniform.
You do bring up an interesting point. There is an AAU football program that’s based between Upstate SC, Gaston and Meck Co. It draws very top end talent from all over. One of the coaches is a SP alum. That team was absolutely loaded with talent. That travel team did well on the national level and most of those kids are freshmen playing varsity. Those kids came from all over to play on that team and many ended up with the very best high school programs in the Charlotte metro area.

Interesting stuff from all of you. Why don’t we agree to agree that transfers happen. We can also agree that CC is the best football county. Right now Gaston has SP. That’s it. All of those athletes and you have crappy coaching and no support financially or morally for that matter. It really blows my mind. Peeps make fun of the crest 50/50 raffle, but that raffle gives our program $100k annually. Believe it or not $$$ is needed too. Players like to get things like shirts, shorts, etc. they like new uniforms every season. That’s just a fact. Good coaching goes a long way too. We raise our young kids in football. Those kids nearly worship our HS programs. And that’s how it should be. Our HSC gave our players hoodies recently. They love them. Wearing them all the time. Something so small to me and you means a lot for them. Not to mention all the pregame meal sponsors and such. There’s a lot that goes on. So I do feel for GCS bc they’re in a world of hurt and nobody there will do anything about it. KM ain’t stupid along with other CC schools. They know the recipe. We know the recipe.

Interesting stuff from all of you. Why don’t we agree to agree that transfers happen. We can also agree that CC is the best football county. Right now Gaston has SP. That’s it. All of those athletes and you have crappy coaching and no support financially or morally for that matter. It really blows my mind. Peeps make fun of the crest 50/50 raffle, but that raffle gives our program $100k annually. Believe it or not $$$ is needed too. Players like to get things like shirts, shorts, etc. they like new uniforms every season. That’s just a fact. Good coaching goes a long way too. We raise our young kids in football. Those kids nearly worship our HS programs. And that’s how it should be. Our HSC gave our players hoodies recently. They love them. Wearing them all the time. Something so small to me and you means a lot for them. Not to mention all the pregame meal sponsors and such. There’s a lot that goes on. So I do feel for GCS bc they’re in a world of hurt and nobody there will do anything about it. KM ain’t stupid along with other CC schools. They know the recipe. We know the recipe.
Some of them are stuck in the way it used top be. It isn't the way it used to be anymore. GC and CC are 2 different versions. One County cares about it's programs and players and the other one simply does not. I was amazed that the front of Ashbrook's school looks good from the road. The backside of it including the stadium looks like straight garbage. The goalposts have rust all over them and the staduim its self is trash.

Not all kids or parent's care but the ones that do will look West. Coaching is the big factor in all of it.

Folks can hate on KM and Crest and Shelby....... But the fact is CC is rabid about sports and in particualr football. It is telling that SP will not even play in the GC jamboreee and came to CC's jambo. SP resides in GC, but they consider themselves football wise with CC and the proof of it is in plain sight.

You're right. Money is needed so I'm not sure who's making fun of our raffle.. Heck schools from all over are asking our guy for help. Including one 7 miles from us because contrary to what they say.... They need MONEY!!!!

Last edited:
Some of them are stuck in the way it used top be. It isn't the way it used to be anymore. GC and CC are 2 different versions. One County cares about it's programs and players and the other one simply does not. I was amazed that the front of Ashbrook's school looks good from the road. The backside of it including the stadium looks like straight garbage. The goalposts have rust all over them and the staduim its self is trash.

Not all kids or parent's care but the ones that do will look West. Coaching is the big factor in all of it.

Folks can hate on KM and Crest and Shelby....... But the fact is CC is rabid about sports and in particualr football. It is telling that SP will not even olay in the GC jamboreee and came to CC's jambo. SP resides in GC, but they consider themselves football wise with CC and the proof of it is in plain sight.

You're right. Money is needed so I'm not sure who's making fun of our raffle.. Heck schools from all over are asking our guy for help. Including onE 7 miles from us because contrary to what they say.... They need MONEY!!!!
I’m glad the weeds finally covered all those old desk thrown behind the visitors side stands at Ashbrook 😂

That Crest raffle is one of the most ingenious ideas that I’ve seen to raising funds. I always thought of KM as being on the front end of the curve when it comes to raising funds for the program but you Crest guys took that up another notch. It definitely got everyone’s attention. Can’t knock the hustle lol.

South Point has been running that Mickey Mouse offense for a long time and has a lot of wins to show for it. Some of those wins we’re earned against Cleveland County Schools.
The Red Bone gives SP a chance against teams with more athletic ability. I think that showed itself in the Crest and JM games this year. SP’s final Win lose record isn’t going to be good this year. Of the three loses I saw, SP was in every one of then with a chance to win with 5 minutes to play. Some times bad luck beats you. Some times bad decisions beats you. Some times bad play calls beats you. Some times bad calls by the referee beats you. And some times better athletes beat you. Just remember very few of the young men who compete in high school sports will ever make a dime playing the game we all live. It’s just a game. The important thing is to train them for life. Not just sports. GO BIG RED !!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT