ADVERTISEMENT

E. Wayne a 2 seed ?????

Hoopsthread

Aug 12, 2012
Can someone please explain how a team listed 4-6 can actually be a 2 seed, obviously I'm missing something.

All conference champions seeded before at large teams. Eastern Wayne seeded as conference champ since they are the top team from their classification in a split conference. Only 2 conference champs in 3A East are West Craven and Eastern Wayne. They are therefore seeded 1 & 2.

I'm so ready for split conferences to be gone next year for this very reason.
The only reason they got it was Aycock had to forfeit four games, so that made them first in their classification of a split conference, It moved them from a no 8 seed to a no 2 seed, their MaxPreps ranking is 72nd of 100 teams

The only reason they got it was Aycock had to forfeit four games, so that made them first in their classification of a split conference, It moved them from a no 8 seed to a no 2 seed, their MaxPreps ranking is 72nd of 100 teams

Aycock was 6-4 before forfeits, right? That still shouldn't be a conference champion.

Aycock was 6-4 before forfeits, right? That still shouldn't be a conference champion.

Aycock finished with 5 losses (not counting forfeits) 4 of them to 4A schools. If you have a problem with them, I'm curious to know what you think about schools with 4/5/6 losses being #1 seeds.

Another way to look at it is if they didn't have to run the gauntlet of 4-A teams they would have a better record. The forfeits did move them up but the very same thing happens in 1-A, if they didn't have to play the 1-AA and 2-A/2-AA teams their records would be better/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT