ADVERTISEMENT

Dutch Fork

Lots of numbers are nice but elite talent makes elite programs. It does absolutely nothing for you if you have 60 kids but the top 10% of that leave to play somewhere else. It's the nature of the beast now in HS athletics and especially in football. The AD made a choice.....could have gone with Tripp or Hellams but chose to go this route. We will see how it plays out but the window is closing fast. Tough non conf, Hough, Vance . There was a time when just coming out of the locker room was enough to win 8. Not anymore.

Wins drive talent, losses work the opposite way. The bar is set sky high and parents have expectations of Ws and D1 scholarships......some are delusional but it doesn't change the reality of the situation.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
So are you saying Mallard Creek can’t be what Butler was between 2016-2019? Power shifts through Mecklenburg county. Mallard Creek might not be favorites but still a tough out.

Reactions: UNC91
So are you saying Mallard Creek can’t be what Butler was between 2016-2019? Power shifts through Mecklenburg county. Mallard Creek might not be favorites but still a tough out.
Sure.....Maybe. But let's remember, Butler didn't play anywhere near the schedule MC is playing this year. So lets potentially add 2 more losses.

There is a ton of talent at MC but they have lost a serious amount of talent in the last year. Now....looks like Chambers has lost their #1 recruiter so maybe it that changes something long term.

As I have said before...I am a optimist. Tinsley seems like a quality dude and he has been dealt a BRUTAL hand. I am rooting for him. In some ways it's fun to be the hunter versus the hunted but the reality is they could be 1-3 this year. Creek faithful would struggle with that.

Reactions: tdl6242 and UNC91
Sure.....Maybe. But let's remember, Butler didn't play anywhere near the schedule MC is playing this year. So lets potentially add 2 more losses.

There is a ton of talent at MC but they have lost a serious amount of talent in the last year. Now....looks like Chambers has lost their #1 recruiter so maybe it that changes something long term.

As I have said before...I am a optimist. Tinsley seems like a quality dude and he has been dealt a BRUTAL hand. I am rooting for him. In some ways it's fun to be the hunter versus the hunted but the reality is they could be 1-3 this year. Creek faithful would struggle with that.
Brutal schedule yes but I am sure they can make the playoffs. There won’t be anything they see in the playoffs that they haven’t seen during the season if the kids stay locked in.

Brutal schedule yes but I am sure they can make the playoffs. There won’t be anything they see in the playoffs that they haven’t seen during the season if the kids stay locked in.
Sight unseen and knowing just a little about player losses I would have them favored in just 4 of their games next year. Now....they could go 10-0 and I hope they do but that's my current thoughts.

I dont know what exactly is going on inside the building, but I sure hope MC bounces back.......

Interesting scrimmages

At Byrnes
Aug 14 Knoxville Catholic ( Tenn) will scrimmage Dorman at 5:30
Mallard Creek will scrimmage Byrnes at 8 pm

On Aug 13 at Spartanburg, Cardinal Gibbons will scrimmage Dutch Fort at 5:30 and Julius Chambers will scrimmage Spartanburg at 8pm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cbiskit04 and UNC91
0-4? I find that hard to believe, did all of the talent leave Mallard Creek? They have numbers to pull from I’m sure.
0-4 is a distinct possibility. Right now the only agreement on this board is that Mallard Creek is an unknown rolling into this season. There is no "Little Sisters of the Poor" or Brand New Just Opened High School in their out of conference schedule to run up the stats and build false confidence. All are established programs with a history of deep playoff runs that play "big boy" football.

I know the star WR Jaylin Hyatt that played for Dutch Fork last season is at Tennessee. Younger bro Devin Hyatt a WR from Dutch Fork has transfer to IMG in Florida. And also QB from Wilmington New Hanover is transfer to Dutch Fork.

Tommy da ball coach Knotts has shown sums plays 2's HSFB man that a Team of NASA scientist can't Solve and will Drives D,C. and Head Coaches Crazy.

I know the star WR Jaylin Hyatt that played for Dutch Fork last season is at Tennessee. Younger bro Devin Hyatt a WR from Dutch Fork has transfer to IMG in Florida. And also QB from Wilmington New Hanover is transfer to Dutch Fork.

The kid from New Hanover looks average at best. No way he starts at Dutch

I'm not sure that was a smart move knowing there's already a superstar in the ranks.

Some kids, you cant tell them that. Bad on the parents for allowing him to transfer to a powerhouse, as a below avg player.....

It's a hard knock life
The Appler boy who transferred from the Wilmington area seems to be improving. Still only a junior and 6'5"...apparently has looked pretty good at some recent camps. Knotts knows what he is doing. He took a SCISA QB and won another state title. Honestly, last season was the year to beat DF. The next couple seasons, he will have some talent to work with. Has 3 or 4 good QBs. Awesome defense. I know Cardinal Gibbons will come ready to play. Should be an interesting scrimmage. Offensive weapons in Williams, Green, and Sowell. Should be a stellar WR corps, even with the Hyatt defection to IMG.

The Appler boy who transferred from the Wilmington area seems to be improving. Still only a junior and 6'5"...apparently has looked pretty good at some recent camps. Knotts knows what he is doing. He took a SCISA QB and won another state title. Honestly, last season was the year to beat DF. The next couple seasons, he will have some talent to work with. Has 3 or 4 good QBs. Awesome defense. I know Cardinal Gibbons will come ready to play. Should be an interesting scrimmage. Offensive weapons in Williams, Green, and Sowell. Should be a stellar WR corps, even with the Hyatt defection to IMG.
df keep us posted on the goings on at DF.

I find it hilarious what Knotts has done there as so many said he would learn what "big boy" football is. Then they called him stupid and a has been because he ended up at DF, a football dog before his arrival, after Lexington did not hire him. With five champions and no subdividing it is an even tougher road. 2018 was super impressive.

I was with Doeren years back in Charlotte. Said he had to stop over at MC because coach said he had the best player in the state that no ones ever heard of. It was Jaylen Samuels. Boy was Palmieri spot on. NC is gonna miss that guy. We’re losing too many good ones to SC and GA.

“Palmieri, who said he would get a pay raise, was interviewed two weeks ago and offered the job on Feb. 9. Last week, Denmark ran background checks, fingerprinted Palmieri and awaited approval from the school board, he said.”

^from the article announcing he was leaving. Fingerprinted? Good Lord. Is that normal?

I was with Doeren years back in Charlotte. Said he had to stop over at MC because coach said he had the best player in the state that no ones ever heard of. It was Jaylen Samuels. Boy was Palmieri spot on. NC is gonna miss that guy. We’re losing too many good ones to SC and GA.

“Palmieri, who said he would get a pay raise, was interviewed two weeks ago and offered the job on Feb. 9. Last week, Denmark ran background checks, fingerprinted Palmieri and awaited approval from the school board, he said.”

^from the article announcing he was leaving. Fingerprinted? Good Lord. Is that normal?
When someone runs a digital fingerprint background check, this simply means it is a National check for every place one has lived, worked, traveled, or even attended school - it's normal.

When someone runs a digital fingerprint background check, this simply means it is a National check for every place one has lived, worked, traveled, or even attended school - it's normal.

A fingerprint background check is used to cross reference against a criminal records database.

A fingerprint is useless in verifying someone’s work, education, and residential history.

ONE MORE TIME
It's a routine national check to ensure a candidate is reliable, trustworthy, of good conduct and character, and of complete and unswerving loyalty. This is for every area a person has lived, worked, traveled, or even attended school. The checks go as far back as 7-10yrs.

Last edited:
df keep us posted on the goings on at DF.

I find it hilarious what Knotts has done there as so many said he would learn what "big boy" football is. Then they called him stupid and a has been because he ended up at DF, a football dog before his arrival, after Lexington did not hire him. With five champions and no subdividing it is an even tougher road. 2018 was super impressive.

LOL...yep...Jason Gilmer...want to rethink that prediction from 2014?

Knotts has won 6 already(5 in a row which no team has done before) and working on #7

The kid from New Hanover looks average at best. No way he starts at Dutch
I have watched this kid play since his 7th grade season. He has a lot of talent and shows well at 7 on 7 and doing drills. He has not showed much in real games. NH lost their first 2 games last season as they tried to throw the ball and Applier just did not look good at all. He threw a few Int against Hoggard but Hoggard flat out dropped 3 and he threw 5 pics in the loss to Topsail. NH had the best RB in the conference and turned to him and won their next 2 games. His JV season was nothing impressive either. I wish him well and he will get coached up at DF but I wonder if he will get the needed playing time to develop live action skills.
It is also interesting that he went to NH. He lived in Hoggard district and from what I heard he wanted to go to Hoggard. Coming into his Freshman season Hoggard had 2 really good QB’s. Gabe Johnson who just graduated is now at Furman and Sam Jones will be a senior this season. He obviously didn’t think he could beat out those guys so he went to NH. Now he has gone to one of the best programs in the country that just reloaded at every poss every year. He was in a good situation at NH. Coach Dimock is not TK but he does want to throw the ball and be balanced on offense. He is very creative and Applier would have had a lot of opportunities.

I have watched this kid play since his 7th grade season. He has a lot of talent and shows well at 7 on 7 and doing drills. He has not showed much in real games. NH lost their first 2 games last season as they tried to throw the ball and Applier just did not look good at all. He threw a few Int against Hoggard but Hoggard flat out dropped 3 and he threw 5 pics in the loss to Topsail. NH had the best RB in the conference and turned to him and won their next 2 games. His JV season was nothing impressive either. I wish him well and he will get coached up at DF but I wonder if he will get the needed playing time to develop live action skills.
It is also interesting that he went to NH. He lived in Hoggard district and from what I heard he wanted to go to Hoggard. Coming into his Freshman season Hoggard had 2 really good QB’s. Gabe Johnson who just graduated is now at Furman and Sam Jones will be a senior this season. He obviously didn’t think he could beat out those guys so he went to NH. Now he has gone to one of the best programs in the country that just reloaded at every poss every year. He was in a good situation at NH. Coach Dimock is not TK but he does want to throw the ball and be balanced on offense. He is very creative and Applier would have had a lot of opportunities.

Thanks, always respected your opinion on these boards. He must think hes got a good shot to start at D. What is your thoughts? Will he even touch the field?

Reactions: portcity FB
Prayers and deepest sympathies to former star Gage Zirke's family - Dutch Fork

Thanks, always respected your opinion on these boards. He must think hes got a good shot to start at D. What is your thoughts? Will he even touch the field?
It is hard to say. He is not a duel threat guy so he will have to beat teams with his arm. He has not shown he can do that but he is still young. If DF is thin at QB he may get the reps he needs to improve and figure things out. If DF has plenty of talent at QB it will be very difficult.

ONE MORE TIME
It's a routine national check to ensure a candidate is reliable, trustworthy, of good conduct and character, and of complete and unswerving loyalty. This is for every area a person has lived, worked, traveled, or even attended school. The checks go as far back as 7-10yrs.

ha a background check for “unswerving loyalty” — love it !

He holds the record for more wins by a football coach at any level. Up until 2013, he had never missed a game in 62 years.That’s unreal! I believe Tommy has more Championships though.

621-155-13 (.787%)
10 State Titles

doesn’t get much more impressive than that. hell of a career. RIP

**i should’ve looked it up myself in the first place instead of being lazy. sorry ‘bout that @portcity FB

Does Dutch Fork have any out of state games scheduled for this year? I know they had 3 scheduled last year but none got played due to covid.

Does Dutch Fork have any out of state games scheduled for this year? I know they had 3 scheduled last year but none got played due to covid.
From what I seen with their schedule they don’t have a out of state game. But they do have an out of state scrimmage with Cardinal Gibbons in Spartanburg on Aug. 13 at 5:30.

621-155-13 (.787%)
10 State Titles

doesn’t get much more impressive than that. hell of a career. RIP

**i should’ve looked it up myself in the first place instead of being lazy. sorry ‘bout that @portcity FB
Maaaan...787% is powerful

Check out this link

#17 Tommy Knotts
#25 David Gentry
#26 Jack Holley
#27 Dave Gutshall
#32 Bob Paroli

Last edited:
I once started a thread here of if they ever kept a stat of "most total career TD passes ever thrown by any particular Head Coaches team/ teams" because I feel very strongly that Knotts has to be the national leader in that category and his "record" if such stats were kept would dwarf second place and would likely never ever be surpassed.

I once started a thread here of if they ever kept a stat of "most total career TD passes ever thrown by any particular Head Coaches team/ teams" because I feel very strongly that Knotts has to be the national leader in that category and his "record" if such stats were kept would dwarf second place and would likely never ever be surpassed.
I remember that thread......
I am quite sure you are correct...He is the man. Turns everything he touches into Gold

Maaaan...787% is powerful

Check out this link

#17 Tommy Knotts
#25 David Gentry
#26 Jack Holley
#27 Dave Gutshall
#32 Bob Paroli

That was a fantastic read ! thanks for sharing

that winning percentage over a 60+ year career is remarkable.

wild to read that knotts didn’t win his first title until year 14. i didn’t realize that.

• Love
Reactions: S2V2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT