ADVERTISEMENT

Dutch Fork "Tommy Knotts"

All of us are aware of Coach Knott's past. We are confident that he will succeed and emerge victorious even in the most severe storm. It appears that he is not being stopped at all. Some would prefer to witness a fall from grace, while others still aspire to greatness.

Dutch Fork will take on JL Mann and on the other side of the bracket will be a good one. Summerville 13-0 at White Knoll 12-0. The winners advance to the 5A State Championship game. White Knoll defeated Dutch Fork 17-14 earlier in the season. But DF was dealing with some injuries at the time. DF has rebounded and has a good chance to win another Title.

Reactions: Chopper747
After starting the season 2-5 HOF coach T. Knotts has his team flying on all cylinders. Hands down the best coach in the Carolinas.......................Watch Tommy Roll..........
But wait some guys from the Mountains told me Watauga had the best coach of all time! You mean to tell me Knotts is better??!

Reactions: mrhonda
After starting the season 2-5 HOF coach T. Knotts has his team clicking on all cylinders. Hands down the best coach in the Carolinas.......................Watch Tommy Roll..........
Btango alluded to this earlier in the year. From what he heard DF was hit hard by injuries but should be fine going into the playoffs. Knotts was confident they would be pretty good in the playoffs.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Sounds like the Silver Foxes are at full-health now...going to be seeing state title number 17 or whatever it is here in a couple of weeks for Knotts, I believe. Just simply amazing at what that man has done since the late-80's/early 90's - best I have ever seen do it.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
He was $116,000 plus last school year. He is the AD but has a couple of assistant ADs and a full time department secretary. Full time weight room coach. Large group of assistants (and I am sure well paid compared to NC).

He was $116,000 plus last school year. He is the AD but has a couple of assistant ADs and a full time department secretary. Full time weight room coach. Large group of assistants (and I am sure well paid compared to NC).
Isn't that just base, not including the radio deal or is that not on the table anymore. I remember at one time it was said he was getting about 25k for the radio program.

Btango alluded to this earlier in the year. From what he heard DF was hit hard by injuries but should be fine going into the playoffs. Knotts was confident they would be pretty good in the playoffs.
Correct. QB has been out or was well below 100% and continues to struggle. Also, he did not feel the team was focused in the off season like they should have been. Were blown out by a powerhouse in Colquitt County. Then lost to Spartanburg by 11 and three points each to Hough, White Knoll, and Weddington. White Knoll is undefeated and coached by Knotts' long time DC. The two teams will meet in the state title game if they win this week. Colquitt contines to dominate GA's largest class (7A).

The most impressive thing about Knotts is he continues to get high school football players to buy into his system and the program year after year.

Isn't that just base, not including the radio deal or is that not on the table anymore. I remember at one time it was said he was getting about 25k for the radio program.
The coaches get paid each week of the playoffs and there are some bonuses.

Not sure about the radio show. His retirement pay in NC would be close to $50k.
The athletic department has very good relationships with numerous corporate entities in the area. There are always perks where football is considered an important part of the local community.

I think more than 40 head football coaches in SC make over $100,000 per year base salary. Some also carry the title of AD.

The coaches get paid each week of the playoffs and there are some bonuses.

Not sure about the radio show. His retirement pay in NC would be close to $50k.
The athletic department has very good relationships with numerous corporate entities in the area. There are always perks where football is considered an important part of the local community.

I think more than 40 head football coaches in SC make over $100,000 per year base salary. Some also carry the title of AD.
So the assistants get a extra check the further they go?

All of us are aware of Coach Knott's past. We are confident that he will succeed and emerge victorious even in the most severe storm. It appears that he is not being stopped at all. Some would prefer to witness a fall from grace, while others still aspire to greatness.
Congratulations to DF. Tommy Knotts is definitely the Goat.
I Agree. I would really love to know how many people were in the "get-set" keyboard position, prepared to stomp all over Tommy Knotts in the event that he lost. They got their bubble busted :D

11th state title game appearance in 12 years for TK and Dutch Fork. Looks like he is dominanating in SC even more than he did in NC. And SC posters said that was not possible at the time when he left to take over and coach in SC.
They laughed at him for taking the DF job. Said he could not win playing big boy football.

I asked him when he took the DF job why he took that one considering their history especially the last few years. "They offered me a job. We will win here."

He also told me he about five years ago he wished he would have had the support at Indy he had at DF. The medical, training facility, meeting rooms are impressive.

They laughed at him for taking the DF job. Said he could not win playing big boy football.

I asked him when he took the DF job why he took that one considering their history especially the last few years. "They offered me a job. We will win here."

He also told me he about five years ago he wished he would have had the support at Indy he had at DF. The medical, training facility, meeting rooms are impressive.
Been a ton if successful coaches leave NC and struggle to put programs together in some of these football states. Knotts certainly not one of them. Brand seems to be putting something together at Irmo as well.

Been a ton if successful coaches leave NC and struggle to put programs together in some of these football states. Knotts certainly not one of them. Brand seems to be putting something together at Irmo as well.
Some were very surprising. In the third round there eight of the head coaches were former NC coaches. Most guys from NC that get a head gig in SC were very solid here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT