ADVERTISEMENT

Duplin County

Friday Night1

Aug 26, 2017
We currently have 3 out of 4 county high schools ranked. East Duplin and Wallace Rose-Hill ranked in the top 10 in 2A while North Duplin is in the top 10 in 1A. The East is bringing the heat just like the West!

We currently have 3 out of 4 county high schools ranked. East Duplin and Wallace Rose-Hill ranked in the top 10 in 2A while North Duplin is in the top 10 in 1A. The East is bringing the heat just like the West!
if im not mistaken our JV is undefeated too.

Doesn't make it? So there is doubt.
tenor.gif

JK has not had a turn around we beat a very bad Midway team and have made some improvements. With that being said 100% positive we finish the season with bad losses against ED and WRH. No playoffs let’s just try and get ready for 2018. Good luck to WRH and ED very realistic chance y’all can both bring some hardware back to DC

Reactions: 96panther
JK has not had a turn around we beat a very bad Midway team and have made some improvements. With that being said 100% positive we finish the season with bad losses against ED and WRH. No playoffs let’s just try and get ready for 2018. Good luck to WRH and ED very realistic chance y’all can both bring some hardware back to DC
Better look out for that 3rd Duplin county team. I heard North Duplin was still doing very well. Wonder what would happen if DC went 3 for 3 with the hardware tally.

Better look out for that 3rd Duplin county team. I heard North Duplin was still doing very well. Wonder what would happen if DC went 3 for 3 with the hardware tally.
Was just speaking on the 2A teams. Yes good luck to ND as well haven’t seen them play but 3 for 3 would be quite the accomplishment

Actually, there's a very good chance to making the playoffs for JK....last week's big win over Midway catapulted the Tigers into the top 63 in the most recent maxpreps rankings, and the way that strength of schedule figures into the rankings, they will get a lot of points for showing up on the field the next two weeks; even with losses, they can stay in the top 63 and get one of the last wild card spots....now if they do get in, the 1st Rd matchup might be a major uphill battle (could be WRH again or somebody of that caliber)....just saying don't give up on making the playoffs just yet...if the school really does not want to go, they better file paperwork to opt out, because there's a very good chance they'll get one of the last wild card/at large spots

Actually, there's a very good chance to making the playoffs for JK....last week's big win over Midway catapulted the Tigers into the top 63 in the most recent maxpreps rankings, and the way that strength of schedule figures into the rankings, they will get a lot of points for showing up on the field the next two weeks; even with losses, they can stay in the top 63 and get one of the last wild card spots....now if they do get in, the 1st Rd matchup might be a major uphill battle (could be WRH again or somebody of that caliber)....just saying don't give up on making the playoffs just yet...if the school really does not want to go, they better file paperwork to opt out, because there's a very good chance they'll get one of the last wild card/at large spots
Did not know we would be one of the last teams in. We would like to go but it will be a first round loss

Yes, I've been doing my own projections every week since Week 3 or 4 and JK has been well out of the top 63 or 64 teams in maxpreps ranking every week until this week, and if they get blown out in the last two, they very well could drop back out, but yes, this week JK is #63, and would be the last team in the playoffs, would be a 16 seed traveling to play a 1

Yes, I've been doing my own projections every week since Week 3 or 4 and JK has been well out of the top 63 or 64 teams in maxpreps ranking every week until this week, and if they get blown out in the last two, they very well could drop back out, but yes, this week JK is #63, and would be the last team in the playoffs, would be a 16 seed traveling to play a 1
We should definitely fall out. Also it will be bad enough getting blown out by WRH two times in the same season I couldn’t handle three.

I’m assuming that ED is a lock for the #1 seed in the 2AA East. Does anyone have any idea if WRH will get the #1 seed for 2A?

I’m assuming that ED is a lock for the #1 seed in the 2AA East. Does anyone have any idea if WRH will get the #1 seed for 2A?
If both win out, WRH would be seeded as a second place team so there would be no way of them getting a #1 seed. If Wallace beats Clinton and then Clinton upset ED, there would be a three way tie (assuming ED beats JK). i suppose the rankings would then come into play.

Reactions: 96panther
If both win out, WRH would be seeded as a second place team so there would be no way of them getting a #1 seed. If Wallace beats Clinton and then Clinton upset ED, there would be a three way tie (assuming ED beats JK). i suppose the rankings would then come into play.
If this happens, i believer WRH would still be a lock to be seeded among the 1s in small 2A because the other two would go 2AA, then Clinton would be among the 1s in 2AA for beating ED head to head, and ED would be seeded among the wild cards...not really expecting it to happen just based on the other results I've seen this year but stranger things have happened many times

(and yes, if WRH does beat Clinton and then have Clinton beat ED, then it appears that WRH would be the #1 overall in 2A East, unless Reidsville were to slide to the East, and their maxpreps ranking stays higher than WRH)...if WRH stays a 2, right now they're looking at around a 5 or 6 as the highest ranked 2nd place conference finisher, will depend on things like whether Reidsville stays small or big and goes West or East, if SW Edgecombe goes big or small, whether or not Ayden-Grifton beats West Craven, and of course which other ADM surprises we have...really wish they'd hurry up and release those numbers so we'd have a clue

we have to win these next two games first.
Yes, but with two more wins, ED should be a lock for #1 seed in 2AA East, only way I see them not getting #1 would if Reidsville and/or North Davidson happen to go 2AA East, and could slide ahead of them, ND will be 2AA as sure as day, right at East/West cutline, Reidsville always seems to be close to the cutline for both 2A/2AA and East/West

Projection I most recently saw has WRH as a #4 and SW Onslow a #3. That makes no sense. Just for the sake of driving I hope WRH is a 1 or 2.

Impossible unless you get the 3 way tie for first place in the conference....this would have been the case with the old playoff seeding system too by the way, conference champions have always been seeded at the top

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT