ADVERTISEMENT

Dudley Flying Under the Radar Again

CPC4LIFE

Jul 31, 2010
7-0 Dudley is the least talked about team in this state year after year from media all the way to this forum an others. This team is really good and will be a difficult out in the playoffs ....Nobody wants to play them especially at Dudley

They can win it all.... just stacked at every position and blessed with speed all over the field.

5 of their 7 games have been shutouts...only allowed 13pts all season while averaging 51pts per game.

Last edited:
Regardless of schedule, nobody wants to play them especially on the road.
Not doubting they wont be a tough out for anyone but not playing a close game or 1 possession game throughout your regular season will be a scary situation to find yourself in come playoff time

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
No secret here. Year end and year out, they are one of the most consistent programs in the state. Get to round 3 of the playoffs and Dudley is almost always there. Coach Davis has built a program. They are not a fun team to play in that they are a physical, smash mouth team that doesn't get fancy. At the end of the game your team is physically beat up. Can their schedule hurt them in the later rounds of the playoffs? Yes. However, their schedule is because really good teams do not want a potential early season L on their record. What is really ironic is that those same really good teams will schedule them in preseason scrimmages. In down years for Dudley, they still make noise in the playoffs. Great high school stadium and their fans are great hosts. They will serve you up a plate of fried fish before their team administers a butt whipping.

No secret here. Year end and year out, they are one of the most consistent programs in the state. Get to round 3 of the playoffs and Dudley is almost always there. Coach Davis has built a program. They are not a fun team to play in that they are a physical, smash mouth team that doesn't get fancy. At the end of the game your team is physically beat up. Can their schedule hurt them in the later rounds of the playoffs? Yes. However, their schedule is because really good teams do not want a potential early season L on their record. What is really ironic is that those same really good teams will schedule them in preseason scrimmages. In down years for Dudley, they still make noise in the playoffs. Great high school stadium and their fans are great hosts. They will serve you up a plate of fried fish before their team administers a butt whipping.
Now that’s it out in the players and coaches circles. Dudley sent Grimsley an offer to play the extra week after the regular season because of the hurricane and Grimsley declined. I can understand from Grimsley’s standpoint why you wouldn’t want to play knowing you’ll have the 1 seed wrapped up and can rest but why rob us fans of a game that will not count against your record. I would’ve made that drive for that game and I’m sure everyone who isn’t playing or making up games that week would’ve too.

Last edited:
Dudley definitely not flying under the radar, they are an amazing team! I have picked them as the 3a favorite all year. Stacked and well coached.

Reactions: carolinafan2022
I remember back when I was doing media work for different websites around the state, I showed up to a Dudley game and showed the guy at the gate my NCHSAA media pass. The guy looked at me and said, "where's your camera, where is your bag?" and I said, "Is that required to get into a game as a member of the working media?" and he said, "THAT'S A BUNCH OF JIVE!!!" I said, "Okay, sir... talk with your athletic director" and walked in. Gotta love the people at Dudley. I'll never forget that. Dude really wanted me to pay up the 5 bucks LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT