ADVERTISEMENT

Draughn @ Thomasville- Let the smack talk begin!

Tville or Draughn

• Thomasville

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • Draughn

Votes: 35 57.4%

• Total voters
Mitchell lost to 3 teams this year with a combined 2 losses. Watauga by 7. And people forget Watauga beat maiden and their only losses were to burns and a guilford team in playoffs. To Andrew’s in a relatively competitive game. Andrew’s is still undefeated. Draughn boat raced us twice. The whc in 2020 put a team in the 2a state championship game. In 2021 a team in the 1a state championship.
WHC was a two horse race with Mitchell and Mt. Heritage until Draughn came along. Looks like some battles will be taking place going forward between those three schools. I know Draughn returns good talent, what is the outlook of the other two for next season.

Mitchell will be 2 years away from being very good. Heritage will be flat out dominant in two years. I’m not sure about draughn but the talent pool in Burke county is one of the best in the state.
best in the state? compared to who?

It's four years this has to be at least the second year
Right it started school year 21-22 we're now 22-23 the last year will be 24-25 then in fall 25 there will be a new one starting 25-26 but for the next two school years 23-24 & 24-25 they will remain 1A then 3 years from now in fall 2025 we'll see what the next alignment is.

Read a good srticle in the Morganton paper about this game. Sounds like there will be a good contingent from Valdese. Welcome to all!
Remember that the stadium is owned by the city and is not at the school. It’s at 20 Stadium Drive, at the intersection of Stadium and Lodge Drive. That is the visitors’ side.
Have a safe trip!

Draughn guys yall will like Cushwa stadium its a neat place. Its old but neat. Thomasville HS coach was on Fox 8 news last night they was doing story on them and he was picking with his kids that they needed to get dressed and out to practice on time. He said he sure hoped Draughn didnt score a 100 on them friday night and was laughing.

Draughn guys yall will like Cushwa stadium its a neat place. Its old but neat. Thomasville HS coach was on Fox 8 news last night they was doing story on them and he was picking with his kids that they needed to get dressed and out to practice on time. He said he sure hoped Draughn didnt score a 100 on them friday night and was laughing.
I’ve talked to some of the coaches. They’re impressed with Draughn, especially the line play and the quarterback. Gillespie is old school and his kids love him. He’s juggled a lot of pieces this year, and they’ve probably overachieved some. It will take their best effort Friday night and he knows it.

As it should be in the third round. There may be some blowouts Friday night, but there are no bad teams. I get a little amused at some of the bluster, but cringe when our folks are doing it. I’m old enough to remember the debacle in 1983 at Eastern Randolph when a lot of Thomasville fans thought we had the championship in the bag. We see how that turned out.

I done that before those do come in handy.
That game at Mitchell in the third round last year got real cold. That field was a little a wet and got soft for the kids to play on. I was bundled up and it was still cold. My hands and feet get real cold on November/December Friday football nights.

Draughn fans - no need to stop and eat the famous Cushwa Dogs will leave you full and satisfied - best Dogs in the state and i believe some Swain co. Folks from MDN will back me up on that !!!!

I back Dogs86mvp up on the Hot Dogs! Best in the state!!!!! The secret is the fixings and they way they're piled on! The nachos with jalapeños are awesome too. Have a safe trip and go Dogs!

I expect a good game. If a low scoring game, Thomasville probably wins. If a high scoring game Draughn probably wins. Either case, the tougher team will win.

Reactions: KW23 and swatz19
That game at Mitchell in the third round last year got real cold. That field was a little a wet and got soft for the kids to play on. I was bundled up and it was still cold. My hands and feet get real cold on November/December Friday football nights.
I've seen that stadium 10° colder plus wind-chill than in Bakerville just a few miles away. It's not really that much more elevated or anything I don't know what it is maybe the just where sits the shape but there will be wind there when there's none in town.
But they the field won't get soft anymore with the new truf.

Reactions: bigtime_87
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT