ADVERTISEMENT

Draughn @ Thomasville- Let the smack talk begin!

Tville or Draughn

• Thomasville

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • Draughn

Votes: 35 57.4%

• Total voters
Y’all learned nothing from last year

Learned what? Were still building back to winning championships after a bad decade. We knew you guys weren't going to beat Tarboro for the title.😂

The best part is, Thomasville probably has more championships in the past 20 years than anyone in 1a. Were not new to this, just a matter of time before our current players really want to win again like the great Bulldog teams.

• Haha
Reactions: therealsquid
That being said.. think a close game or a blowout regardless of the winner.

Bulldogs have to get pressure that big QB from Draughn. Can't let him run around and get loose throwing the ball.

Reactions: swatz19
The best part is, Thomasville probably has more championships in the past 20 years than anyone in 1a. Were not new to this, just a matter of time before our current players really want to win again like the great Bulldog teams.
Yeah, too lazy to look it up but how many in the past 20? Tarboro might just might be in that conversation as well.

Go Mountaineers

19-14 Draughn. Good season for my Dogs but still much more to improve on. That fumbled pass by our receiver cost the game.

Last edited:
19-14 Draughn. Good season for my Dogs but still much more to improve on. That fumbled pass by our receiver cost the game.
Yeah defense played great too…#5 from Draughn was a great player. This was a gift from Thomasville to draughn with that fumble by the receiver. I will say that I was not terribly impressed with this “offensive juggernaut”

Great game Thomasville….. no need to throw shade now after the game about our offense. Y’all have my respect…. Go wildcats

No offense to the good Draughn fans. Think his shade was towards the bandwagon mountain fans thinking we get blown out and comparing to last years Mitchell game.

All around it was great game. Hope we meet up to play you or Mitchell again next year.😁

Reactions: FormerDog38
Great game by Draughn !! Good luck going forward. We got caught up on the wrong end of luck. But that’s how it goes - QB was solid but really had to play tonight - unlike lingering Mitchell posters I’m out of here til next year and mad props to my son- junior Bulldog linebacker #11 - proud of him !! fyi-Only 1 senior on this defense. Peace out to all !!!

No offense to the good Draughn fans. Think his shade was towards the bandwagon mountain fans thinking we get blown out and comparing to last years Mitchell game.

All around it was great game. Hope we meet up to play you or Mitchell again next year.😁
Thank you. Most of our team will be back next fall so I look forward to another matchup with Thomasville. Great people down east. Good luck to your seniors at the next level. Top class program

Great game by Draughn !! Good luck going forward. We got caught up on the wrong end of luck. But that’s how it goes - QB was solid but really had to play tonight - unlike lingering Mitchell posters I’m out of here til next year and mad props to my son- junior Bulldog linebacker #11 - proud of him !! fyi-Only 1 senior on this defense. Peace out to all !!!
Our offense is mainly juniors.

Reactions: BulldogJacket85
valiant effort by the bulldogs. Played a tough opponent but the ball just didn’t bounce our way tonight. The fumble after the big pass really hurt but that kid is a big time player and we wouldn’t have made it this far without his play this season. Proud of the defense for holding Draughn’s offense to 19 points. Our corners worried me all year and the long td reception was the difference tonight. Draughn’s rb #5 (Dula) is a man. Proud of how well we held their qb (Tillery) in check; a couple of nice hits can rattle any qb but he was resilient. Wishing the Wildcats best of luck, and I hope they win it all.

That was a real good ballgame. Dogs could have won but things happen when kids are trying to make plays. Great 11-2 season Thomasville and good luck Draughn next week. Dogs did a great job of pressuring and getting pads on the QB. He is a good player and their OL is very good. Two young teams will see each other again in the coming seasons.

I enjoyed watching #11 play this year. He’s a leader on a stacked defensive unit. Looking forward to seeing another year of their development under Coach G’s tutelage. I hope they remember the feeling of this defeat as they look for redemption in 2023.

I also hope we sure up our corners. They were a weak spot all season.

I could say so many things, but I will only try to say a few. It was a hard fought game, definitely a winnable game for Thomasville. Definitely not a 4 td difference by those who suggested it was. No points after the long kickoff return just before half to the Draughn’s 15 after Draughn had just retaken the lead on the penalty assisted drive that had 2-15 yarders on 4th down was every bit as big as the fumble at the Draughn 3 late in the 4th quarter. 2 things that confused me watching this game. Most could see this offense ran mostly through #5, great player. How did he keep getting lost on screen and dump passes, and why did the coach responsible to make the kids aware of this not do so more? Well I guess it’s a mute point now and I’m not meaning to cast a dark cloud on a great game. Good luck next week.

I looked at the team picture on Google of
Andrews. They look pretty balanced and athletic. I’ll check to see how they did in track this past spring.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT