ADVERTISEMENT

Draughn @ Thomasville- Let the smack talk begin!

Tville or Draughn

• Thomasville

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • Draughn

Votes: 35 57.4%

• Total voters
How's parking for visitors at Thomasville? It it close to visitors side? Easy access for elderly or handicap? How about restrooms and concessions?

Restrooms are old, but adequate. Entrance to the visitors’ side is at ground level, but handicap accessibility isn’t great.
Be sure to remember that Cushwa Stadium is owned by the city and isn’t at the school.
The visitors’ side is the concrete bleachers, which originally were the home stands. Coaches or press on the home side. Visitors’ side press box isn’t usable right now.

Just saying it’s a different team this year and unless thomasville is entirely different it’ll be a easy w for draughn

I agree that Mitchell wasn't obviously as good this year especially on D but Mitchell didn't go down so much that it would make up the difference from Mitchell beating Draughn last year 62-14 to losing twice to them this year that doesn't happen without Draughn improving. To me watching Mitchell this year and watching both games that Draughn has improved more than Mitchell has gotten worse.
That said I think Draughn will win but I don't think like some others it will be a blow out ether way should be a close game but it's hard to tell how good Tville D is from watching the Swain game Swains offense was so bad but their offense will have to do more but I think Draughn D isn't as good as the offense Mitchell should have scored more than they did while sometimes it was because of the Draughn D but serval times Mitchell just shot themselves in the foot with mistakes and questionable play calling so I see a possible high scoring game.
Swains offense had no choice to be bad - they got smacked and was begging to get off the field in the 4th. The punter was the hardest working player for Swain

He claims to be but he only ever talks about Mount Airy so much more likely he is actually a MA fan
Oh I am a Mount airy fan. My nephew plays for them. Well he played JV. Look good to see big things from him next year. But I don't really talk any junk about anybody. Except the truth. You can see it you might not want to admit it. I mean dude look at that haircut. The OG's at Thomasville will take care of the one of these at draughn. If they don't ER will. If they don't Mount airy will. There ain't nothing hard about Burke county. Except maybe when you guys get to the basketball court.

Reactions: Purple1995
Swains offense had no choice to be bad - they got smacked and was begging to get off the field in the 4th. The punter was the hardest working player for Swain
Thing is rounding up Swain only averaged 14 ppg this year and that includes the 43 they scored on Cherokee don't know what happened there take that out and it's
11 ppg.
All year on SMC thread it's been how stagnant their offense is. So just saying stopping it is pretty much what most teams have done.

I have a feeling Draughn will get a heavy dose of that FB and he will wear you down. The boy knows how to run the ball hard and bringing him down will take more than one guy. On the defensive side, I expect Thomasville will have their hands full and I'll be interested to see what they do to contain that RB. I wasn't impressed with any of the secondary for Thomasville. Swain converted two fake punts passing where it was 100% obvious we weren't punting and Thomasville even lined up like they knew it was coming, but didn't cover the receivers.

Draughn had the athletes to win, but Thomasville could drag this out with ground game come away with the win. The easiest way to make sure a team doesn't score is to make sure they don't get the ball. I've seen less talented teams beat All-Star teams before simply by being out-coached.

I hate to say it but I got bored today started looking back comparing scores, I take back the post where I said Bulldogs by 28, no disrespect to Thomasville players or fans or posters, but you will have to score 40 plus to hang with Draughn I repeatedly pick Draughn by 28 plus, hope I'm wrong I hope it's a barnburner but I am usually close, look at my earlier post about Mitchell I called it

• Wow
Reactions: BulldogJacket85
While like some other Mitchell fellas I would pick Draughn to win just not so sure about how much I could see by two scores but I also agree with Swain97 watching that game that's a BIG back and while Mitchell had problems on the outside Draughn has speed at least against Mitchell there Mitchell had some success between the tackles infact sometimes should have done more of it so I can see Tville with their running game possibly keeping Draughn's offense on the sideline if they choose to play a control the clock game but if Tville can't run on them it will be a long night.

I have a feeling Draughn will get a heavy dose of that FB and he will wear you down. The boy knows how to run the ball hard and bringing him down will take more than one guy. On the defensive side, I expect Thomasville will have their hands full and I'll be interested to see what they do to contain that RB. I wasn't impressed with any of the secondary for Thomasville. Swain converted two fake punts passing where it was 100% obvious we weren't punting and Thomasville even lined up like they knew it was coming, but didn't cover the receivers.

Draughn had the athletes to win, but Thomasville could drag this out with ground game come away with the win. The easiest way to make sure a team doesn't score is to make sure they don't get the ball. I've seen less talented teams beat All-Star teams before simply by being out-coached.
If Mitchell couldn’t run on draughn what makes you think thomasville will?

Mitchell didn't have good success trying to run outside but they did run on them pretty well between tackles and there were times they should have stuck with it like in the first when they had a 3rd & short around the 12 they should have kept running if they had they probably would had scored.

Mitchell doesn't have a back like Thomasville. He's not a fatty 235lbs. The one thing Thomasville did that could be the undoing is not much offense in the 1st half outside of their first drive against Swain. They can't afford to start flat and figure it out in the 2nd half.

Reactions: BulldogJacket85
Bulldogs defense has averaged 8.6 points a game this year and I know Draughn is nowhere as athletic as Sailsbury overall. The two Bulldog RB's are well over 1000 yards each and the QB is hard to stop on open field. Thomasville will bring pressure on the edge like Draughn has not seen this year and make the 6'7 stick run with the ball and he will be bottled up and tackled.

careful..this Draughn team just maybe another 2019 East Surry type team in disguise..ya never know🤣🤣🤣everyone remembers how unassuming those guys looked until they scored a 100 points on everybody and i do mean everybody🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Dang T’ville. Should y’all even play? From the way these folks are talking you have no chance!!! Now go out and show em what y’all are all about! I’ve seen you first hand and you should not be taken lightly!
There is no one on here taking Thomasville lightly, at least not from Draughn, and I can promise you, the players are not taking Thomasville lightly. They know they have a challenge in front of them. They will embrace it, they will prepare and they will show up on Friday night, ready to compete at the highest level!

To many people on here using what Draughn did to Mitchell this year and what Mitchell did to Thomasville last year for comparison as to what they think Draughn will do to Thomasville this year.
Then they are using what Thomasville did to or the lack of what they did to Swain after you subtract this and that which still come up to nearly 2 tds a game, your figures, not mine.
Fact is, Thomasville’s D hasn’t gave up any points yet. Elkin took a completed Thomasville pass from the receiver and returns for a td.
Another fact, Both team lost 1 game. 1 to a bad 4A school, the other to a very good 2A school.
All the bashing doesn’t need be mostly sour Mitchell posters that have already lost to Draughn, or same posters who Can barely post on this game without saying, hey we are Mitchell, we beat Thomasville last year, just ask them, lol.
Have fun.

Nice nice nice. 2 teams with lots of fans. This upcoming game is up to 3 pages of talk and I hadn’t even made it to church yet on this Sunday morning lol. By Wenesday we could be up to 8 pages and don’t seem like there’s much left to say.

What school lost to what, I see TVille(shorten the name) lost to Salisbury. Is Salisbury 4A? Draughn lost to East Burke and they are only 2A. 3-7 2A team at that but prob the best 3-7 2A team around. East Burke almost beat Bunker Hill and BH is in the 3rd round with Maiden and expecting a tight full house in Maiden this Friday. EB boys come up short a lot of games but expect a nice show from them next year provided none of them jump on the Draughn band wagon lol. Freedom musta lost a few to the bandwagon too cause they didn’t look so good this year. Nah just playin’

Thomasville definitely got Draughn in strength in schedule espacially with a North Rowan victory. I commented some weeks back how their schedule is not as strong as the other 3 Burke schools (wasn’t meaning that in an insulting way) someone corrected me alittle with the Mitchell thing. Other than Mitchell and a healthy young East Burke, the Valdese rowdies hadn’t had any hard push though. Not their fault though cause we’re talking bout 1A football and trying to fit in other Burke county schools in schedule for non conf is tough by itself and we shouldn’t give up the county rivalries no matter how good or bad any of the other Burke schools may be having it. Interesting that all 4 are all in different conferences.

As I’ve said before I’m behind Draughn all the way til they play EB and that loyalty to EB will end when my son puts on a Draughn uniform years and years from now if he chooses to be like dad and play sports

Yep Tarboro should just go ahead and forfeit we stand no chance against the mighty West. At least that's what I'm seeing on here
Especially them Eastern Randolph folks…
Always talking about whooping everybody including y’all…
Hey this the first time I’ve ever thought one of y’all was looking too far ahead….
Well it was 2AM…
I forgive you 😂

Especially them Eastern Randolph folks…
Always talking about whooping everybody including y’all…
Hey this the first time I’ve ever thought one of y’all was looking too far ahead….
Well it was 2AM…
I forgive you 😂
Nah y'all some of the best posters on here. Yeah I was a little tired at work when I posted that lol.

• Haha
Reactions: thekidd12
ER is the favorite. I'm sure CalPreps. Simmons. Massey or any other site will back me up on that.

Funny when I go by who the favorite is you ER boys respond like a teacher to a student.

Nah y'all some of the best posters on here. Yeah I was a little tired at work when I posted that lol.
It’s all good. Don’t ever get to pick on anybody from y’all’s bunch. Posters are humble and respectful 99% of the time. Y’all and Mr Lincolnton are the ones that make this a cool place. Now if you’ll excuse me apparently ole BK has talked some kind of digital junk again…
Oh well

ER is the favorite. I'm sure CalPreps. Simmons. Massey or any other site will back me up on that.

Funny when I go by who the favorite is you ER boys respond like a teacher to a student.
Think you got teacher to a student backwards there BK? A lot like parents do nowadays but that ain’t the point is it?
If you read my post you might have noticed I didn’t mention Calpreps, Simmons, Massey or any other site (which I have never read by the way) I just mentioned folks on here, which in 1A means elevated folks except for a couple in Randolph County and some nice folks down around Tarboro. Oh almost forgot Mt Airy contingent sorry. Elevated ones, the majority, had ER losing last week as well as this week. As I have said before teenagers will decide Friday. How’s that teach? Wait am I the teacher? As usual I’m confused again 😀

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT