ADVERTISEMENT

Daylin Lee - Shelby JR. QB

He has had a outstanding season and congratulations to this young man ... but over the last what 6 or 7 years Shelby has had great QB’s but I believe they get lost in the Shelby system. Y’all have had some great QB’s but none of them ever get the recondition they deserve. If those number were from a QB at any other school the internet would be on fire !!! But it seems like it’s just expected now.
This is just my outside observation

You will not find many 1A - 2A QB's getting offers. Most of those will go to 4A and maybe 3A schools where passing the ball is number one, running the ball is number two. There are many qualities that coaches will look for and total yards and TD's are just two. Most recruiters first stop is the guidance office to check academics.

If he's got academic issues, he's got the smarts to take care of that. I could see that in his game. Looking off receivers, fakes, decision making. Looks like he's got it all. Best I've seen in a while.

That is just so impressive that these young men get home Saturday night with 2A championship and after playing 16 games and are back at it on Sunday.
He’s talking about the big middle school kid, Scottland Dover.

Last edited:
D-Lee was very impressive at Carter-Finley passing in the windy conditions ... and those receivers would make any QB look good. Won several balls that could have gone either way.

Reidsville QB Titus Jones - not blessed with the size of other 2A QBs mentioned - had a great career at Ferrum, a D-3 school.

Named to the All-ODAC second team: senior QB Titus Jones,

Jones was 179-286 passing for 2442 yards and 24 touchdowns. He set school records for game and season pass attempts, game and season pass completions, game and season passing yards, and game and season touchdown passes. This is his first All-ODAC honor. He was named ODAC Offensive Player of the Week twice this season, September 19 and October 31.

Daylin is a senior QB, defending state champion. Somebody please help me understand where the offers are. I was told last year his offers are coming.. ummmm he has 4.0 gpa, so what's the deal?!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Daylin is a senior QB, defending state champion. Somebody please help me understand where the offers are. I was told last year his offers are coming.. ummmm he has 4.0 gpa, so what's the deal?!
Doesn’t he have a few offers though

He has some now, not major schools. But will have plenty by year end.
Got to remember his Jr year was break out year,
His fresh, and soph years was on Jv and avg player at time.
Been different if he started on varsity since freshman year.
His Jr year, plus what he does this year, plus his awesome grades the offers will be there

He has some now, not major schools. But will have plenty by year end.
Got to remember his Jr year was break out year,
His fresh, and soph years was on Jv and avg player at time.
Been different if he started on varsity since freshman year.
His Jr year, plus what he does this year, plus his awesome grades the offers will be there

Its hard to get in as a Qb. I think those are good offers. Of course he will get more though

Its hard to get in as a Qb. I think those are good offers. Of course he will get more though
As you mentioned recently, he has an offer from North Carolina Central as well. I agree, good offers. Plus, he excels in the classroom, so he’s good, regardless.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
North Carolina Central and Charleston Southern are his most notable offers so far, and those are good offers. He continues where left off going into this season, he should get on the radar of a few more schools.

North Carolina Central and Charleston Southern are his most notable offers so far, and those are good offers. He continues where left off going into this season, he should get on the radar of a few more schools.

Its not many 2a Qb's that hold current offers either. I think the Qb from Maiden holds an offer, but I haven't seen anything else.

Doesn’t he have a few offers though
not the amount you would think he would have. maybe that's just my opinion. regardless a few other have shared your point of view and helped me realize he does have more than i thought. hoping he gets more soon...

He has had a outstanding season and congratulations to this young man ... but over the last what 6 or 7 years Shelby has had great QB’s but I believe they get lost in the Shelby system. Y’all have had some great QB’s but none of them ever get the recondition they deserve. If those number were from a QB at any other school the internet would be on fire !!! But it seems like it’s just expected now.
This is just my outside observation
right

Cleveland County has had a lot of great QBs over the years but none has ever really received any big time offers at the quarterback position that I can remember.

Reactions: Bulldog_012
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT