ADVERTISEMENT

Davie County RB Cade Carney

Thought this would have happened in the 2014 season. Good luck to Cade. Its was fun watching him run when he could gets a few blocks and after that it was all him most of the time. He should be able to put up some impressive yards if he gets the blocking from the line as he did his freshman season at Davie. Will watch him play somewhere on Saturdays after the 2015 season.

I truly don't understand this move by him. Look back at davie past 15 years there have been plenty talent go d1 because these coaches can produce if you as a kid listen. Must coaching staff is the same accept illing. At times I don't understand the coaching calls but I'm not the coach to call. But they are heck of coaches. Carney is a d1 player and has offers. If he transfers and goes to one of these schools that's already offered him then I don't understand his move. DC might just be better without because that want have to focus on him and making him the offensive. Truthfully it was 14 Parker who carried team most the time last year. Carney been plagued by injuries past two years. May be a win win for both him and DC. Wish him luck and I know he will play d1.

Brothers stick with one another thru thick and then. God died for us not himself.

What D1 schools have offered Carney?

Why is a player of this caliber leaving? I could understand a Meck or bigger Triad school but Davie is a true community school as a one school county.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Cade-Carney-151861

IDon't get me wrong he a great kid who done a lot for Davie but just don't understand the move when you already have offers

My understanding is that he has offers from UNC, Wake Forest, NC State, Georgia Tech, East Carolina, and I am sure many more quality schools. He is a great kid and I wish him well in the future.

I might be reading into this more than I should but it doesn't look to me as if he or his family has a lot of confidence in this coaching staff.

Are other players looking at making a move? If so, that could be even more telling.

Yes. There are several players in the process of making a huge decision. I am the mother of one of them.

Originally posted by daviemama:
Yes. There are several players in the process of making a huge decision. I am the mother of one of them.
That tells us this is not just a one player deal. Wow.

daviemama can you tell us what has caused the dissension and also if the head coach has been made aware of the issues?

Thanks for posting.

Why run from something. Be the best player you can be. Not many high schools have the tradition and the support like DC does. If you leave then that's what you have to live with. Because mom and daddy have money and because they think you can be better that's why you leave. I can see if this coaching staff never won nothing but guys they went to a state title game 2010. They know something.

DC tradition never dies.

You are correct DC Pride. A group of 'Elite" parents do not run this county nor our football program! If you want to leave, then leave!

As Holman stated the train will continue to roll in DC without carney. Yes it will be a empty spot at RB but that's why there back up players to get there shot.

The above comments pretty much sum it up. Parents have begged for change, communication and accountability. This program is run by a group of people who care more about their pride than these kids future. By the way I have lived here all my life.I love Davie but I refuse to let old school politics stand in the way of my sons future.

When I said the above comments pretty much sum it up, I am referring to that old school mentality. Stubbornness will get you know where in life.

I do not see the old school politics. If I did see them and want to leave, I would leave and keep my mouth shut. Trying to get people on your bandwagon is not a good thing and definitely not classy!

I simply answered a question about other kids thinking about leaving. I most definitely could not care less for any type of bandwagon.

And we as a community could care less who leaves. If you want to leave, please leave. Posting on social media definitely shows your true character!

Daviemama does not deserve to be attacked. She has not spoken bad nor hurled insults toward the staff like a lot of folks did the last two years and even when Illing was there and doing an excellent job in my opinion. Davie has strong fan support but the tradition is not one of a powerhouse program although they have had some solid runs. They will feel it if they lose some returning senior starters.

I like Coach Holman a lot, class guy! I think most Davie folks agree but I am sure there is some concern as Davie has won ten games the last two seasons, five of those against 2A teams, and only one team with a winning record. Hope they can get things going in the right direction. If not, it will not be daviemama getting jumped on this board.

This post was edited on 1/25 10:07 PM by btango

Originally posted by daviekid:
You are correct DC Pride. A group of 'Elite" parents do not run this county nor our football program! If you want to leave, then leave!
Looks to me like they're leaving. That lady has every right to ensure her sons future is as bright as possible, old school. Before you know it, they'll all leave and you'll suck. Worse than usual.

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/prepzone/football/carney-leaving-davie-county/article_154c84e6-0756-5831-b023-0200b79518f8.html#.VMaK97A_EoA.facebook

If you have pride in what you do then you want to be best you can at it. Most companies that are only doing well when times are good don't survive when times get hard. You to have the right folks in right positions to survive. Yes they may be wonderful folks as a person but can they get the job they have to do done best it can be done is the question? There are 50 governors in this USA but do you think all of the 50 could be President and do well at it? I know this is high school football and not a bussiness of the goverment but all are systems that have to have the right pieces together to work.

Originally posted by DCFRINIGHT83:

If you have pride in what you do then you want to be best you can at it. Most companies that are only doing well when times are good don't survive when times get hard. You to have the right folks in right positions to survive. Yes they may be wonderful folks as a person but can they get the job they have to do done best it can be done is the question? There are 50 governors in this USA but do you think all of the 50 could be President and do well at it? I know this is high school football and not a bussiness of the goverment but all are systems that have to have the right pieces together to work.
th
[/URL]

40268-Joker-clapping-applause-gif-IUrX.gif
[/URL]
This post was edited on 1/26 5:24 PM by swett2victory

I was quiet during the season but this topic bothers me. I don't know Cade nor his parents personally so I have no idea what their reasoning is behind this move but it does make me wonder. Is it because of the coaching? Are they worried about Cade's stats or what colleges will think of him? Do they or Cade just want to play for what they think will be a better team or coaching staff?

Same thing when the Martin twins left Davie for their senior year. They had already signed their L.O.I. to State. Even one of the State coaches (not HC) said that the move was not necessary. I guess I am old school or just old but what ever happened to loyalty to friends, teammates, or school? If a kid is being mistreated or abused then I get it. Otherwise, in Cade's case it gives the appearance of "when things don't go my/our way, let's just go somewhere else".

It just seems to be the increasing trend nowadays. I know of a volleyball player that went to a different school each year during her four years of high school. A couple of the Martin boys teammates went to three different schools during their soph., junior and senior years. In their case, it was obvious that they were just looking out for themselves and wanted to go where they thought the team would have the most success.

From what I hear Carney gave his heart and soul for three years to Davie football. No idea the reasoning but the word is that there were several players that seriously considered making a move. Davidson Day did not approach them nor did any other school. There is obviously discontent in the Davie family. Have already heard this shook up the staff and players are seeing a different attitude from them.

The Martin twins left with class. They loved Davie but wanted to play and practice against the best to prepare for the ACC. Their parents did not give the coaching staff an ultimatum. It was fun watching them against ND and trying to keep up with my phone from all the texts and tweets.
Carneys dad had ties to the Davidson Day coach from college and they have a lake house in the area. No questioning the kids heart - he left it all on the field.

And does telling someone they should "leave and keep their mouth shut" seem classy to you? What are you 12? And btw, you do not speak for the Davie County community.
This post was edited on 2/5 11:14 AM by jmystery

Is one or two more players transferred (not including Carney)? What school did they transfer to?

Originally posted by daviekid:

And we as a community could care less who leaves. If you want to leave, please leave. Posting on social media definitely shows your true character!
lol you'll care next year when you don't have cade carrying your whole team.

Cade is great don't get me wrong but carry is a bit of an overstatement he's spent more time on the sideline the past two seasons with injuries than actually in the game playing. Although he is fantastic when he is in there. That being said if I were a college coach I would question his loyalty to a team especially if things aren't going his way or his families way while he's in college too.

Originally posted by mrhonda:

Davidson Day?
Yes he went to Davidson Day. There was an article in the Charlotte Observer Sunday about the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT