ADVERTISEMENT

Crest @ Shelby

No doubt, and if the Rams do win it all, I will be among the first to offer sincere congratulations. I’m just not one of these posters still caught up in last season’s hype, though. New season, one division, much tougher road now.
Reidsville fans should remember....they've never won a single unified state title....NEVER!

Last edited:
I thought our DB's did a decent job of covering but coaches have to teach them to eventually turn their head around to see the ball instead of just putting hands up. We could have picked one or two more if we had, instead got a penalty or two called and gave up one TD that should have been a pick. Shelby simply needs to learn to block, this stuff of going to block someone at the next level ain't worth nothing if your RB is getting killed about the time he gets the hand off.

First game this year for me, and it was a great ball game. It doesn't appear much has changed in the last 3 seasons. Lots of questionable things going on. 3rd and 8 down 7 on the shelby 30 something you know you are never kicking it and you try throw a pass to the end zone. You got 2 plays to get 8 yards, wasted drive. Then you have to call 2 timeouts on the same dead ball with the clock stopped. You run a draw down 21 points at the end of the half. You have shelby 3rd and 22 and you somehow let a receiver get inside over the middle wide open for a 60 yard TD. Why was there not 2 or 4 deep to prevent a first down. No excuse for giving that up.

On a good note #2 is a grown ass man running the ball, and #8 carried the tackle and the guard to the QB for a sack 2 times!

All and all great game to watch and the kids played hard and never gave up. Good luck shelby the rest of the way!

It was a great game. I had a blast hanging with my friends. I give Shelby their credit. They were the better team. I give Crest credit for not quitting.

I enjoyed Friday night in Cleveland County. Good luck to my Shelby friends the rest of the year
Great post Mr Rulz.It's way more fun on these boards when your posting. As for the game it was exciting to say the least and a win for my Lions and a never give up effort by the Chargers. I hope this prepares us for the big Bessemer City game this week.Win or lose I sure did miss this game last year.

Great post Mr Rulz.It's way more fun on these boards when your posting. As for the game it was exciting to say the least and a win for my Lions and a never give up effort by the Chargers. I hope this prepares us for the big Bessemer City game this week.Win or lose I sure did miss this game last year.
And don't forget the huge showdown with highland coming up .

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
Absolutely correct brother. I’d rather anything take place other than not playing this game.

It was a beautiful night. Great football game. Much respect for you personally.

Great win for Shelby. They did what good teams do when you give them opportunities. 2 Turnovers by Crest gives Shelby the ball at the 10. You won't stop that offense from scoring at that point. Then Crest was down 1 score and had Shelby at 3rd and forever. You let the Shelby WR get behind you and "boom" its a 2 score game again. Great game to watch. There were some grown men making hits for both teams on defense. Time for both teams to refocus on conference play. Gotta believe both teams are better for playing this game.

Dont forget that ass beating swo put on that ass. Swo was a 40 pt underdogs, best Shelbyville ever team beating everyone. Got waxed, watch your mouth.
WTH !!! Y’all won 2 games this year and trying to talk about a game that was god only knows how long ago..... I promise SWO don’t want no smoke from Shelby 😂

I remember that championship a few years ago... SWO Coach Padgett was being interviewed at the half and he said "Id like to say the rain is hindering us, but hey its raining on their side too" much respect for him and all he did down there... Heck of a Coach and seemed like just a cool dude

1:11 mark!🙄
Crest player high pointed that ball as it crossed goal line but Shelby wrestled it away as they hit the ground..I think if it was it was not in the end zone it would’ve been ruled a int..look at the angle on Greens mother fb page

WTH !!! Y’all won 2 games this year and trying to talk about a game that was god only knows how long ago..... I promise SWO don’t want no smoke from Shelby 😂

Lol okay young buck. After Phil left swo has gone down hill fast. Just saying not a lot of teams out wast can say they beat shelby for the ring. Shelbyville seems to be clicking at the right time. Good luck this year brother

I remember that championship a few years ago... SWO Coach Padgett was being interviewed at the half and he said "Id like to say the rain is hindering us, but hey its raining on their side too" much respect for him and all he did down there... Heck of a Coach and seemed like just a cool dude

Hell of a coach and better man. Phil passed a few months ago. RIP coach 🙏

Swo has taken a cliff dive since he left.
Good luck this season brother, seems like shelby is clicking at the right time

Reactions: shelbyfan1
Hell of a coach and better man. Phil passed a few months ago. RIP coach 🙏

Swo has taken a cliff dive since he left.
Good luck this season brother, seems like shelby is clicking at the right time

Coaches like him are hard to replace.

The county games have been nice to watch this year. All have been fairly close except the KM/SHS game. As young as Crest is, they didn't give up after a sloppy first half. I hope the SHS/Burns and CHS/KM games will be just as exciting. However I see 2nd and 3rd round exits this year come playoff time. :(

I don't till we can get to where we can run the ball consistently on a good team. I know we scored 2 rushing TD's last night but we also couldn't block with the heavy package in and get 6 inches. It's getting late in the year and the O line needs to doing better than they are. I mean honestly it is a surprise to some of us when we get over 2 yds on a rushing play.

• Haha
That big package sucks, blockers go one way, runner goes opposite, your telling opposing team when u line up, hey we are running ball.
We had 106 yrds rushing last night, still didn't run it much at all,
Can't fig why we never run a 2 back set anymore,
I also like see a little pump fake by Qb.
But if u remember Lance never run much till getting in playoffs.
But again I agree got to get a ran game going, and teach line to run block, think they forgot how with all the passing

I keep waiting on a certain coach to find the exit but he keeps finding a new hall way I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: Crestuff
Them Maiden boys are gonna surprise some folks come playoff time. I’d like to see em kick azz all the way to the finals. It’s nice to see some new faces for a change. Or some old faces showing back up.
There’s a bee’s nest hiding way up in a oak tree…that nobody is talking about. I (we) ain’t forgot about ‘em either! Talk about an “azz whipping”… they sent us home..crying to momma!
They know!….that we know!…they’re still there! I was thinking…I might go over to that tree and sling some rocks at the nest…..with this post!😜 …stirring up a Hornet nest has always been fun to me!

Surely….Shelby and Reidsville know of this nest!

Last edited:
Y’all still undefeated?
We are for now…Lion.

Ain’t sure that’s a good thing! There’s sump’em to be said about….facing futile adversity together…as a team (an azz whipping)….that builds character!

Shelby, Monroe, Hendersonville have all experienced it….there’s a part of me….wishing that….maybe…

Nah!…never mind!😉

@Lion Attack Classic heavyweight fight on Saturday
I know, I know, my brother. I had to work all weekend, and missed it. Off today, and hoping it’s on YouTube. Fury has to be considered an all time great now, in my opinion. 6’9 277, and that highly skilled with surprising endurance at that size.

Last edited:
Reactions: smashmouth5
I know, I know, my brother. I had to work all weekend, and missed it. Off today, and hoping it’s on YouTube. Fury has to be considered an all time great now, in my opinion. 6’9 277, and that highly skilled with surprising endurance at that size.

Yeah, he's got to be one of the best hw's ever. Curious to see where they both go from here.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
Them Maiden boys are gonna surprise some folks come playoff time. I’d like to see em kick azz all the way to the finals. It’s nice to see some new faces for a change. Or some old faces showing back up.
Yeah I think they're gonna shock some people. Maiden and Hendersonville look hungry.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT