ADVERTISEMENT

Crest @ Shelby

Shelby also has Burns to contend with as well though.
If it happens, are you going to give me 14 point?🙄😂😂😂. UNC91 and Chopper has done a good job of having people doubt Shelby. UNC91 just talks out of his ass, though. That 🤡 knows nothing about Shelby, other than he doesn’t like Shelby. Dude call us hicks, when he’s from Onslow County, and SWO was once 1A for awhile. So obviously, wherever he’s from is small as hell, and likely smaller than Shelby. Wherever he’s from is far from being a metropolitan area. Yet, he talks as if he’s from New York, talking “hicks and backwoods”. Someone, anyone make it make sense for me. UNC91, sit your ass down somewhere.

Chopper, on the other hand, knows. He’s seen the size and athleticism of Shelby this season. He knows if Shelby comes with it’s A game, they’re going to be a problem. That’s why he wouldn’t bet against the Lions, period. As he has mentioned, though, Shelby can’t come into a game sleepwalking and playing down to competition. Anything could happen in the loaded West. Shelby comes in focused, and there are going to be some teams blown off the field and exposed.

This ain’t last season! The DC change was just what the doctor ordered. We have the best defensive line in all of 2A, and teams will find that out soon enough.

Last edited:
If it happens, are you going to give me 14 point?🙄😂😂😂. UNC91 and Chopper has done a good job of having people doubt Shelby. UNC91 just talks out of his ass, though. That 🤡 knows nothing about Shelby, other than he doesn’t like Shelby. Dude call us hicks, when he’s from Onslow County, and SWO was once 1A for awhile. So obviously, wherever he’s from is small as hell, and likely smaller than Shelby. Wherever he’s from is far from being a metropolitan area. Yet, he talks as if he’s from New York, talking “hicks and backwoods. Someone, anyone make it make sense for me. UNC91, sit your ass down somewhere.

Chopper, on the other hand, knows. He’s seen the size and athleticism of Shelby this season. He knows if Shelby comes with it’s A game, they’re going to be a problem. That’s why he wouldn’t bet against the Lions, period. As he has mentioned, though, Shelby can’t come into a game sleepwalking and playing down to competition, or anything could happen in a loaded West. Shelby comes is focused, and there are going to be some teams blown off the field and exposed.

This ain’t last season! The DC change was just what the doctor ordered. We have the best defensive line in all of 2A, and teams will find that out soon enough.

I think Shelby beats Burns, I don't have a score prediction on that. But, I may take you up on it. I do think the crest game will be close though.

I would rank Shelby number 1 as of right now.

I think Shelby beats Burns, I don't have a score prediction on that. But, I may take you up on it. I do think the crest game will be close though.

I would rank Shelby number 1 as of right now.
Take me up on giving me 14 points, if Rams vs Lions happen?!?!? That’s what I’m referring to. I saw 14 points and even 35 in another thread, Rams over Lions.

Last edited:
Take me up on giving me 14 points, if Rams vs Lions happen?!?!? That’s what I’m referring to. I saw 14 points and even 35 in another thread, Rams over Lions.

Oh I was talking about Burns lol. Rams vs Lions may not even happen, but I'll bet you if it does.

Reactions: Lion Attack
I agree, this game will be close. Even with some of our best teams, we hardly ever win decisively over Crest, our biggest rival. We did in ‘19. That’s the only time in recent memory. This game will be even closer, if it does rain heavily. Crest is better suited for the rain. They have a stud, workhorse back at their disposal.

I agree, this game will be close. Even with some of our best teams, we hardly ever win decisively over Crest, our biggest rival. We did in ‘19. That’s the only time in recent memory. This game will be even closer, if it does rain heavily. Crest is better suited for the rain. They have a stud, workhorse back at their disposal.

I predict Shelby won't be body slamming any running backs in this game.

Reactions: dogs79
There have certainly been games in this series where on paper one team looked overmatched but what happened on that 100 yard field painted a different picture. Remember the game after Shelby had won the 3A state title and ended up going back to back 3A champs. That Crest team had no business staying with that team and I think may have pulled out a victory if my old age isn't getting the best of me. At the end of the day we can do all the breakdowns we want...the biggest thing is to expect the unexpected.

On a side note, looks like Crest Middle and Shelby Middle are on another collision course. Both have a game to get through but it is shaping up to be a game for the one seed next week at Crest. Crest knocked off East Rutherford 38-6 Monday. I know Crest has Thomas Jefferson and Shelby may play CHASE still this week.

There have certainly been games in this series where on paper one team looked overmatched but what happened on that 100 yard field painted a different picture. Remember the game after Shelby had won the 3A state title and ended up going back to back 3A champs. That Crest team had no business staying with that team and I think may have pulled out a victory if my old age isn't getting the best of me. At the end of the day we can do all the breakdowns we want...the biggest thing is to expect the unexpected.

On a side note, looks like Crest Middle and Shelby Middle are on another collision course. Both have a game to get through but it is shaping up to be a game for the one seed next week at Crest. Crest knocked off East Rutherford 38-6 Monday. I know Crest has Thomas Jefferson and Shelby may play CHASE still this week.
Yep, Crest actually won that game, handed Shelby their only loss during that second title run.

Last edited:
If Shelby beats Crest they could actually lose to Burns and still possibly be #1 in the RPI.

Reidsville is not playing E. Alamance Friday and E. Alamance was by far the highest rated RPI team on their schedule. Not playing the Eagles will mean the Rams RPI takes a big hit.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
If it happens, are you going to give me 14 point?🙄😂😂😂. UNC91 and Chopper has done a good job of having people doubt Shelby. UNC91 just talks out of his ass, though. That 🤡 knows nothing about Shelby, other than he doesn’t like Shelby. Dude call us hicks, when he’s from Onslow County, and SWO was once 1A for awhile. So obviously, wherever he’s from is small as hell, and likely smaller than Shelby. Wherever he’s from is far from being a metropolitan area. Yet, he talks as if he’s from New York, talking “hicks and backwoods”. Someone, anyone make it make sense for me. UNC91, sit your ass down somewhere.

Chopper, on the other hand, knows. He’s seen the size and athleticism of Shelby this season. He knows if Shelby comes with it’s A game, they’re going to be a problem. That’s why he wouldn’t bet against the Lions, period. As he has mentioned, though, Shelby can’t come into a game sleepwalking and playing down to competition. Anything could happen in the loaded West. Shelby comes in focused, and there are going to be some teams blown off the field and exposed.

Speaking of metropolitan areas, why are big bad lions scared to come into the city to take an L. They'll run 2 hours up into the hills for an easy win, or take L's in South Carolina all the time. Crest, Burns, and South Point aren't scared to play anybody east of Gastonia. I take it back, Crest used to be not scared, now they turn down calls from Meck challengers. Now lions and chargers out there behaving like chickens.

Speaking of metropolitan areas, why are big bad lions scared to come into the city to take an L. They'll run 2 hours up into the hills for an easy win, or take L's in South Carolina all the time. Crest, Burns, and South Point aren't scared to play anybody east of Gastonia. I take it back, Crest used to be not scared, now they turn down calls from Meck challengers. Now lions and chargers out there behaving like chickens.
As the Reidsville guys always say in regards to Reidsville, “no one wants to play us”.😁

Also, losses to a nationally ranked SC opponent, then play that same program on short notice this season to prevent from sitting idle a week. We could have opted for a cupcake. That alone makes your comment null and void. Other prominent 2A programs wouldn’t have dared to take that risk, don’t want to risk losing that home turf in the playoffs. They would have either opted for a cupcake, or a program that sounds good in name only, but hasn’t been a shell of its former self in years.

As the Reidsville guys always say in regards to Reidsville, “no one wants to play us”.😁​

Also, losses to a nationally ranked SC opponent, then play that same program on short notice this season to prevent from sitting idle a week. We could have opted for a cupcake. That alone makes your comment null and void. Other prominent 2A programs wouldn’t have dared to take that risk, don’t want to that lose that home turf in the playoffs. They would have either opted for a cupcake, or a program that sounds good in name only, but hasn’t been a shell of its former self in years.

Cap, cap, cap....
both Shelby and Crest gave MC and Vance the run around in recent seasons...multiple calls :cool:

As the Reidsville guys always say in regards to Reidsville, “no one wants to play us”.😁

Also, losses to a nationally ranked SC opponent, then play that same program on short notice this season to prevent from sitting idle a week. We could have opted for a cupcake. That alone makes your comment null and void. Other prominent 2A programs wouldn’t have dared to take that risk, don’t want to risk losing that home turf in the playoffs. They would have either opted for a cupcake, or a program that sounds good in name only, but hasn’t been a shell of its former self in years.

Shelby doesn't scared anyone clown boy. Reidsville will drag Shelby this year, won't even be close. Shelby looks scared and the qb is terrible.

I see you're the head cheering leading coach listed on maxpreps. Last year calling for the defense coordinator head after the choke job Shelby did. Clown boy the playing field is even with no sub divisions, Shelby won't win a title next 3 years.........

That’s because we wanted South Pointe instead, the tougher opp, a SP program who slapped MC the last time they played.🙂

Stop clown boy, you got smacked by sp. They put the subs in 2nd half clown boy, maybe you didn't see as you was to worried about the cheerleaders. That game was a cupcake for SP, just watch interviews with the sp head coach. Said plenty of 8th graders and 9th graders got tons of PT vs shelby.

Then your clown ass is bragging about this L you took. Can't make this shit up.

I guess I can take “clown” but “boy” added to it? Now, you’re “coonning”, in my opinion. Quit while you’re ahead, and let the season play out.

That’s because we wanted South Pointe instead, the tougher opp, a SP program who slapped MC the last time they played.🙂
Why settle for Ghidorah, just take on Godzilla instead.
Nice try, you know they were down this year. Vance was better than them the last 3 seasons. Chargers and lions both been running for a few seasons now.

I guess I can take “clown” but “boy” added to it? Now, you’re “coonning”, in my opinion. Quit while you’re ahead, and let the season play out.

Yea clown boy, pipe down go back into the trailer and put the kool-aid down. Shelby won't win a title for a few years, if they ever do again.

I think you're referring to Page. I'd honestly take Page over Ac Reynolds though.

I think you're referring to Page. I'd honestly take Page over Ac Reynolds though.
Referring to Page, and over the years, High Point Central and High Point Andrews, just to name a few, just names to give the perception of playing some good comp. When in actuality, they haven’t been relevant in years.

I think you guys have been gassed up this year. You’re top 5, but haven’t been overly impressive, in my opinion. Haven’t beat anyone, and you let bad teams hang with you for a half. Hardly even cover now, since some of your posters pay so much attention to point spreads.

Your quarterback is a sophomore, you’re young at the most important position. Yes, he’s going to be an all time great at Reidsville. But, a low completion percentage vs a bad team like HPA, won’t get it done versus a Shelby team and it’s front 7, the pressure he would face.

Last season’s team was a great team. But, you’re not overly impressive this year. To the eastern teams, and yourselves being used to coasting in small 2A, you’re thinking you’re the LA Rams. But, if you play Shelby this season, tne 2A forum will be in for a major letdown, in my opinion.

Last edited:
@tarheel fan1 aint played anyone. You’d think y’all would make that game with Eastern Alamance happen, by any means necessary. But, they’re looking like a formidable opponent now, so that won’t happen. You’d likely win, but it’s still too risky, don’t want to lose home field advantage in the playoffs. Instead, you guys and especially the elder Ram posters, will follow Shelby vs Crest tomorrow, pulling your nuts, hoping for a Crest win.

Reactions: dogs79
@tarheel fan1 aint played anyone. You’d think y’all would make that game with Eastern Alamance happen, by any means necessary. But, they’re looking like a formidable opponent now, so that won’t happen. You’d likely win, but it’s still too risky, don’t want to lose home field advantage in the playoffs. Instead, you guys and especially the elder Ram posters, will follow Shelby vs Crest tomorrow, pulling your nuts, hoping for a Crest win.

I think Page is pretty good though, I'm sure we will continue this conversation later. I won't speak about it anymore. You guys have enough on your plate with crest. But, you're right the rams have some concerns, I think all the rams fans know that and have said as much.

I think Page is pretty good though, I'm sure we will continue this conversation later. I won't speak about it anymore. You guys have enough on your plate with crest. But, you're right the rams have some concerns, I think all the rams fans know that and have said as much.
No doubt, and if the Rams do win it all, I will be among the first to offer sincere congratulations. I’m just not one of these posters still caught up in last season’s hype, though. New season, one division, much tougher road now.

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
No doubt, and if the Rams do win it all, I will be among the first to offer sincere congratulations. I’m just not one of these posters still caught up in last season’s hype, though. New season, one division, much tougher road now.

I know you're smelling blood in the water, like 2013 and 2014 lol

• Haha
Referring to Page, and over the years, High Point Central and High Point Andrews, just to name a few, just names to give the perception of playing some good comp. When in actuality, they haven’t been relevant in years.

I think you guys have been gassed up this year. You’re top 5, but haven’t been overly impressive, in my opinion. Haven’t beat anyone, and you let bad teams hang with you for a half. Hardly even cover now, since some of your poster pay so much attention to point spreads.

Your quarterback is sophomore, you’re young at the most important position. Yes, he’s going to be an all time great at Reidsville. But, a low passing percentage vs a bad team like HPA, won’t get it done versus a Shelby team and it’s front 7, the pressure he would face.

Last year’s team was a great team. But, you’re not overly impressive this year. To the eastern teams, and yourselves being used to coasting in small 2A, you’re thinking you’re the LA Rams. But, if you play Shelby this season, tne 2A forum will be in for a major letdown, in my opinion.

Lol thanks for the story clown boy. Shelby qb is terrible and running game looks horrible. Two players on defense and thats its. Shelbyville clowns are far from great this year. 2AA has been the weakest sub division besides 1AA. Shelby been coasting for years, we all know this. You got embarrassed this spring and will again this fall.

All the Shelbyville clowns will come out calling for the offense coordinator this year.

Reidsville will beat Shelbyville by 2 tds

It never ceases to amaze me how many times the word "Reidsville" will appear in a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with the word "Reidsville"......
Yeah, that bunch of ain't beat anyone worth a pile of Shelby Lion poop in years, but yet they still want to run their Bozo mouths about everyone else. Like Lion Attack said let the season play and see if either of us actually make it that far. We have our hands full with the Chargers this week, that is the only team we are worried about this week. Which will be a tough one a 3 to 7 point game either way like most of the games in this series. So all Reidsville posters come line up behind Shelby Lion and start ingesting the poop cause I know you're going to need the energy to bash me.

• Haha
Yeah, that bunch of ain't beat anyone worth a pile of Shelby Lion poop in years, but yet they still want to run their Bozo mouths about everyone else. Like Lion Attack said let the season play and see if either of us actually make it that far. We have our hands full with the Chargers this week, that is the only team we are worried about this week. Which will be a tough one a 3 to 7 point game either way like most of the games in this series. So all Reidsville posters come line up behind Shelby Lion and start ingesting the poop cause I know you're going to need the energy to bash me.
Be advised that UNC91 is a SWO poster, though, definitely not a Reidsville guy. People have gotten him mixed up with them before.

• Haha
Crest showed something last week coming back on South Point. Something that I haven't seen a ton of under this staff. Could be missing a game though but it feels like all their wins have been while leading for most of game. Maybe Weddington several years ago is only other one. Anyway it was a good sign they are not going to back down. Same thing up at Burns to start the season. Shelby should be pretty worn down physically and mentally after these last three games plus knowing what they having coming up in BC and East Gaston. But they should still have enough in tank to win this 31-21.

• Haha
Reactions: Crestuff and UNC91
Crest showed something last week coming back on South Point. Something that I haven't seen a ton of under this staff. Could be missing a game though but it feels like all their wins have been while leading for most of game. Maybe Weddington several years ago is only other one. Anyway it was a good sign they are not going to back down. Same thing up at Burns to start the season. Shelby should be pretty worn down physically and mentally after these last three games plus knowing what they having coming up in BC and East Gaston. But they should still have enough in tank to win this 31-21.
Hilarious!!!

I hope you mean the 2nd and 3rd string are worn down

Shelby Middle beat Chase Middle 43-0.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT