ADVERTISEMENT

Crest Coach

There it is...the dead horse. 3A vs 2A you are SUPPOSED to whoop our butt every single year. Since moving to 2A in 1997 with 2A numbers the series is 7-13. There is no excuse for that...would be like a big high school beating a small college 7 out of 20 times. Weak, weak, weak. We should never be the best team in the county. It's just that sometimes little brother is better...actually, historically, little brother has always dominated the 3 bigger brothers!

Theoretically you are correct with the "numbers". Facts are facts, Shelby is an inner city school with 2A numbers but 3A athletes, we all know this. Burns on the other hand...3A school w/ 2A athletes Im afraid.

Reactions: Crestuff
I cant make my way thru downtown Shelby without a GPS. I always seem to find my way to Mi Pubs...

I cant make my way thru downtown Shelby without a GPS. I always seem to find my way to Mi Pubs...

Rev, ever heard of gerrymandering? Doesn't the Shelby school district run from Lawndale to KM like an autistic snake having an epileptic seizure?

Theoretically you are correct with the "numbers". Facts are facts, Shelby is an inner city school with 2A numbers but 3A athletes, we all know this. Burns on the other hand...3A school w/ 2A athletes Im afraid.

Please explain what makes kids 3a athletes and what makes them 2a athletes?

How does the quality of an individual player change because he lives in a district that has a school with 3a numbers as apposed to 2a numbers?

This is like saying because a kid is born in North Carolina is better at basketball simply because he was born in NC and a kid born in South Carolina is better at football simply because he was born in SC?

Congratulations Crest. Whether many realize it or not your administration made a great hire. New blood from outside of Cleveland Co. is a good thing in my opinion when everything is done the right way. No favors, playing time, or anything else owed to anyone, new coach can focus on football and winning. Basically the complete opposite of Kings Mtn. football..

Please explain what makes kids 3a athletes and what makes them 2a athletes?

How does the quality of an individual player change because he lives in a district that has a school with 3a numbers as apposed to 2a numbers?

This is like saying because a kid is born in North Carolina is better at basketball simply because he was born in NC and a kid born in South Carolina is better at football simply because he was born in SC?

I think what he wants to say is that Shelby has more athletic neighborhoods than Burns. That would be the truth!! Lol

I think what he wants to say is that Shelby has more athletic neighborhoods than Burns. That would be the truth!! Lol

Thank you for translating....I can always speak slower for you but typing slower wont help you read it and comprehend any better.

Congratulations Crest. Whether many realize it or not your administration made a great hire. New blood from outside of Cleveland Co. is a good thing in my opinion when everything is done the right way. No favors, playing time, or anything else owed to anyone, new coach can focus on football and winning. Basically the complete opposite of Kings Mtn. football..
I think only time will tell if crest has made a great hire. we little old mountaineers have been pretty happy with the results of the football teams the past few years. with out a few key players getting hurt, we could have possibly had even better seasons. but injuries are part of the game.

Mountie that field house you guys have is awesome....... and that's about all I think of KM football the past few years lol

Got word today. An athletic,Read option QB from south of the border is considering a transfer ????? Love it......Can't wait for the bulldogs and their mounted friends to chew on this one .....

Got word today. An athletic,Read option QB from south of the border is considering a transfer ????? Love it......Can't wait for the bulldogs and their mounted friends to chew on this one .....

Backer, please accept the reality. It's about Lions and Raiders now. Our little playoff tune up with you was fun, but the men's room just closed with realignment for the crampers!

First bite.....guess that makes you one of the mounted friends.

Last time I was mounted (very recently) she meant business! As a Mighty Red Raider we respect that! Any poor CC girl that wants her shot at fame gets a pass with me!

Last edited:
Backer brings out the very worst in posters! Consider this warning as a public address announcement.

No association w/ the Bulldogs, but y'all seriously need to cut this out. It has gotten old, it's not a good look, but anyone who follows football in this county saw this coming, because you all certainly can't run that O with the quarterback y'all "brought" in last year, that's not a knock against him, that scheme just doesn't suit him. If this does come into fruition w/ this current kid coming in, no one will be surprised.

Last edited:
Second bite......Go figure....I chum the waters for bulldogs and mounties..and i get flippin raiders and lions. It's like hearing your . Your moma was a hooker from shelby and married a pilot from belmont.

I think only time will tell if crest has made a great hire. we little old mountaineers have been pretty happy with the results of the football teams the past few years. with out a few key players getting hurt, we could have possibly had even better seasons. but injuries are part of the game.

Excuses excuses. Loser's limp again. The only Mountie fans who are happy are the KM coaches and their friends who are in cohoots with that mess. There are plenty of unhappy football fans in KM. You guys are too busy patting yourselves on the back to notice. KM will be KM. They will never do the right thing. Booster club kids, KMHS administration kids, and kids who have parents who are friends of the coaches will be "penciled" in as starters. Everyone in CC knows that. It would not surprise me at all if you were a KM coach or someone KM has put up to come on here and make excuses with their low expectation having selves.

See? Backer brings out the worst in all of us! That said, Crest will benefit from having two Daddies!

LA, what's the deal? As a good father, everyone knows #12 should be at Crest! Why are you keeping a good young man down? :)

That was fun . Now you 2 you children . Run on back to the 2a board. I was trying to drum up some business with the teams that will matter in nov.

I thought the school was close to the city limits but a few miles from Crest. Need to check my geography.

I caught word of another possible transfer as well. I cannot confirm or deny this but have heard from multiple people about this kid coming in. Just chummed up the waters myself....

Excuses excuses. Loser's limp again. The only Mountie fans who are happy are the KM coaches and their friends who are in cohoots with that mess. There are plenty of unhappy football fans in KM. You guys are too busy patting yourselves on the back to notice. KM will be KM. They will never do the right thing. Booster club kids, KMHS administration kids, and kids who have parents who are friends of the coaches will be "penciled" in as starters. Everyone in CC knows that. It would not surprise me at all if you were a KM coach or someone KM has put up to come on here and make excuses with their low expectation having selves.
sound to me like sour grapes, you or some one in your family must have played for km and sat on the bench because you were not good enough to be a starter but thought you were.

I rest my case, I would comment on this but probably get banned from the message board.

Man what a morning ! I remind Seadog on the 2a board who the Red Raiders daddy is

Then come over to the 3a board and see third grade momma jokes!!!!

my morning is complete ha ha

sound to me like sour grapes, you or some one in your family must have played for km and sat on the bench because you were not good enough to be a starter but thought you were.

Mountie slide you are trying to deflect from facts as always. Just to clear one minor detail up for you. Each one of my family members including myself who played varsity football all started multiple years on the varsity level and either played or had the opportunity to play on the next level. How about you? You on the other hand are nothing more than a KM "plant"!here to defend what "honor" you think you have. I can give "facts" about the weak program you are so proud of and everyone else including other coaches laugh at. KM has big time talent in the pipeline but a loser' mentality. Example #1 of weak coaching/politics. KM coaches go to current starting qb and ask him to move to wide receiver to make room for jv quarterback who hasn't taken a varsity snap yet and who also sat BEHIND the current starting qb when both were on JV. How about making the jv qb earn the job on the field if you want him to start? Also the current qb is the one who lead you to the win over Crest and played a great playoff game but you want to move him for a guy that he is head and shoulders better than smh. Someone in the Crest football family told me this and I verified with the qb's mom. KM has weak leadership at the top. We all know this. Only at KM lol.

Reactions: Freshman-poster
Mountie slide you are trying to deflect from facts as always. Just to clear one minor detail up for you. Each one of my family members including myself who played varsity football all started multiple years on the varsity level and either played or had the opportunity to play on the next level. How about you? You on the other hand are nothing more than a KM "plant"!here to defend what "honor" you think you have. I can give "facts" about the weak program you are so proud of and everyone else including other coaches laugh at. KM has big time talent in the pipeline but a loser' mentality. Example #1 of weak coaching/politics. KM coaches go to current starting qb and ask him to move to wide receiver to make room for jv quarterback who hasn't taken a varsity snap yet and who also sat BEHIND the current starting qb when both were on JV. How about making the jv qb earn the job on the field if you want him to start? Also the current qb is the one who lead you to the win over Crest and played a great playoff game but you want to move him for a guy that he is head and shoulders better than smh. Someone in the Crest football family told me this and I verified with the qb's mom. KM has weak leadership at the top. We all know this. Only at KM lol.
Weak leadership at the top of KM? Where did he come from again? lol

Reactions: shutdownD24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT