ADVERTISEMENT

Crest Coach

I am truly sad to see Coach Eddins go, but we were lucky to keep him as long as we did. Its not like he hasn't had almost any opportunity he wanted over the last few years. We've known it was coming and have dreaded this day. His O may be triple option based, but it is designed to get the ball to playmakers in space. He does a lot of different things. If he chose Crest, he chose Crest for a reason. I promise you he did his homework and by accepting the job, he is expecting success and will instill that in the players. He is a winner and will teach them how to win in everything they do. Congrats, Crest fans, you may not know it now, but you got a great one. I want to cry.

Thanks for the information! It's always tough to lose a good coach!

He knows how to use his horses. In 2nd round of State playoffs against very tough Swain County team RB Joe Leake had 17 carries 383 rushing yards 406 all purpose tied State playoff record for all classes with 8 TDs. The game was tied at 35 at half West won 70-42. Made adjustments at half and held Swain to 1 td. His offense is potent.and his ability to make adjustments during game are some of his best attributes.

Reactions: smashmouth5
Congrats on the hire Cresties. This will get interesting very quick in Charger land. My sources tell me there are more against this than for it but hell everyone was all for Clark and that was as bad as a ant eater at Whitney Houston's house. I guess we will all see soon.

Too bad they missed out on the Carroll Train, he is a recruiting guru in SC! I think the Eddins is a fine coach from what Ive been told. But Carroll fits what Crest does perfectly.

Too bad they missed out on the Carroll Train, he is a recruiting guru in SC! I think the Eddins is a fine coach from what Ive been told. But Carroll fits what Crest does perfectly.

There you go again. They don't have medication for butt-hurt, but they're working on it. I know, I know " you don't care, you just talk about it when it's brought up"

There you go again. They don't have medication for butt-hurt, but they're working on it. I know, I know " you don't care, you just talk about it when it's brought up"
Actually I was talking about the Carroll guy. not your ponies...funny how you assume I was talking about the recruiting for Crest though! I was referring to his system :)

Nothing I can do about it, but the triple out of anything sucks IMO.

Not from the spread rulz. Crest has run that for a while now. Shotgun, 1 back set with motion from the slot. 3 options. Actually 4 with the run pass option added. It's what we do. That and power wildcat

Not from the spread rulz. Crest has run that for a while now. Shotgun, 1 back set with motion from the slot. 3 options. Actually 4 with the run pass option added. It's what we do. That and power wildcat
I got you. When they said triple option I automatically thought full-back, and wing-back.. Sorry...

Well, I can't tell you. But, it's over on the 2A board and someone else besides me said the same thing. I will tell you that a former Crest coach is in the mix down there too. Don't let it upset you. There are 106,000 reasons why they are wanting that job. Can't blame none of them.

It's looking like Coach Herron from Grayson High School in Georgia may have gotten the job at TL Hanna.

Reactions: crestrulz
Heard there were some good candidates for the TL Hannah job, thats big boy football there and for 106,000..you better produce. The Georgia guy was a wanted man for the job.

Congrats on the hire Cresties. This will get interesting very quick in Charger land. My sources tell me there are more against this than for it but hell everyone was all for Clark and that was as bad as a ant eater at Whitney Houston's house. I guess we will all see soon.
When we kick that ass again this year. Call your sources, and tell them they are as much as an idiot as you.

Reactions: Crest9496
Offense looks interesting, but you better have an athlete at quarterback to run it, though, a la Reggie Wilkins, Chris Montgomery.

http://www.hudl.com/team/v2/43130/boys-varsity-football

Lion attack,
I figure Coach Eddins knows how to adjust his offense to take advantage of the talent he has. Much like Coach Ware switched Shelby from the old wing T? to the spread. Most of your diehard fans disagreed with that decision but it worked out wonderfully. I expect similar success for Eddins at Crest.

Already hearing the poor mouthing going on. It's the same old loud mouth know it all clowns that are always poor mouthing this and that. Why did Crest go with a 1A coach? That's the latest thing they want to piss and moan about.

Do some research morons. This guy can coach. Ask Richmond County, yep that's where he was an assistant at before he took the 1a job. He was in the running there. Guess he wanted to be a head coach so he went where he could be one.

Put his hat in the ring at Crest and someone who knows something thought he was a great coach and and good hire. Why don't you clowns SHUT UP! It's X'S and O's. Just got to give him some Jimmy's and Joe's, Jack! Wanted to step it up a notch. If he's willing to come into the furnace, I'm willing to SUPPORT him. Good gracious, the man hasn't even got the bottom of his shoes dirty and you want to complain. Again, SHUT UP!

Welcome Coach, Line them up right, get the plays in, the talent will come back through, just a matter of time.

P.S. I hear a few big names put in for the T.L. Hannah job down in SC. One BIG NAME from Cleveland County did too. Not going to say any names, don't want this deleted, but IT'S TRUE....
it does seem a little strange with all the 4a,3a and 2a coaches just in nc alone, the mighty crest chargers had to drop all the way to 1a to find someone to take the job.

it does seem a little strange with all the 4a,3a and 2a coaches just in nc alone, the mighty crest chargers had to drop all the way to 1a to find someone to take the job.

Thanks for the two cents more of your commentary, all of which add up to about -$1.86 for you. I guess it'll be even stranger then when our 1A coach beats you.

Reactions: CrestMan7

Kings Mountain has beat us 1 time in 18 years. Crest has a down year and loses to two county schools in one year. Everyone says they "suck", they "lack talent", etc.... Let's wait for August. Let KM win a state championship, then win another, and then another, and then another, and then another, and then another. THEN they can have something. Hell, we've played in the State game more than Kings Mountain has history playoff game wins... Until then shut your mouth. Do you know who else put in for he job? Do you know how old the coach is? Do you know his record, and reputation at WM? Do you know where he coached before? I do.

Reactions: crestcharger02
Question I have is who does Crest play next year? Did they wait on schedule for new coach or was that already set up? Figured Shelby and someone like South Point would still be in rotation.

Been wondering about the final schedule, too. I'll ask today.
We will have the seven conference games (KM, Burns, Stuart Cramer, N. Gaston, Forestview, Huss, Ashbrook), plus Shelby, South Point, and TC Roberson. Not sure about the 11th game.

Why in the Hell does crest travel all the way up that dang mountain to play one of the most pathetic schools??? Freakin sick and tired of T.C. Freakin Roberson!

Why in the Hell does crest travel all the way up that dang mountain to play one of the most pathetic schools??? Freakin sick and tired of T.C. Freakin Roberson!
Typical 4A football team.Some good ones, most of them not so good.

Reactions: CrestMan7
I also hope we cycle out of Roberson. No offense to them, but I'd love some new teams. I think Roberson is dropping down to 3A this year, too. Also, this may be the last year of playing South Point??

Kings Mountain has beat us 1 time in 18 years. Crest has a down year and loses to two county schools in one year. Everyone says they "suck", they "lack talent", etc.... Let's wait for August. Let KM win a state championship, then win another, and then another, and then another, and then another, and then another. THEN they can have something. Hell, we've played in the State game more than Kings Mountain has history playoff game wins... Until then shut your mouth. Do you know who else put in for he job? Do you know how old the coach is? Do you know his record, and reputation at WM? Do you know where he coached before? I do.

We will send Km some help to get theirs as well.....oops I mentioned it again, silly me!

Coach Ware switched Shelby from the old wing T? to the spread. Most of your diehard fans disagreed with that decision but it worked out wonderfully.

Somewhat incorrect....yes it has worked out incredible the last 4 years but in his first two years had we stuck with the Wing-T we would have had at least 1 if not 2 more state championships. We did not have the personnel his first two seasons to run the spread...ie an accurate/mobile QB and excpetional WRs. However we did have two of the best RBs to ever come though Shelby in Bryan Moss and Kipton Key. They are both top 10 career rushing leaders at Shelby. Kip had 467 carries over his career, only 103 of those came his senior year in 2011...the year you would expect him to be at his best. Bryan only had 157 carries that year.

At the high school level, you have to get the ball in your playmakers hands and we felt that especially that 2011 year, we didn't put it in their hands enough.

In retrospect....if the change needed to happen when it did to get to where we have been the last 4 years then so be it.

He certainly is one heck of a coach! And he makes the young men so excited to play. That is the key! Looking forward to the "Drive for Five"!

Yeah I remember some of the "Square peg and round hole" grumbling that came up when the transition was made.

When I saw Shelby play late in 2011 they seemed to be able to score but the D was not up to the level needed. Guess a running attack would have slowed the game some but still seemed to think the O was strong the last half of the season.

This is a quote from what he said when it was announced....

OFFENSIVE SCHEME: Shotgun, triple option. "I like to run it with two backs and three receivers and throw a lot out of play action. We're probably 60-40 run-pass and throw a lot off the option. It's a quarterback-friendly offense. I have a preference what I would like to run, but if that doesn't fit the kids you've got, then you need to run something else. I play and coach to the personnel."

The last part of that statement says it all, sounds like the man isn't to proud to change when what he wants to do don't work because of personal, that's great to hear.

Reactions: Crestuff
This is a quote from what he said when it was announced....

OFFENSIVE SCHEME: Shotgun, triple option. "I like to run it with two backs and three receivers and throw a lot out of play action. We're probably 60-40 run-pass and throw a lot off the option. It's a quarterback-friendly offense. I have a preference what I would like to run, but if that doesn't fit the kids you've got, then you need to run something else. I play and coach to the personnel."

The last part of that statement says it all, sounds like the man isn't to proud to change when what he wants to do don't work because of personal, that's great to hear.
Where does this leave your XXXL Tebow y'all brought in?

Actually, a Tebow style QB would do well in that offense. I got the impression their big QB is more of pocket guy with a big arm. More like Big Ben than Tebow.

Might not have to send them... They may want to go, just like in your case
You are trying hard to be a great poster on here but you have years to get to the standard that even draws a "lol" from the likes of myself. You mentioned above that my sources are idiots. The greatest thing about that is my sources work at Crest High so that shoe fit like a sumbiotch. Now to call me an idiot is another thing. MountiePride has baited you for over a week and your ass keeps responding. It has been nothing short of comical. They mention the R word and you guys go nuts as much as the Bruce Jenner fan club.

Where does this leave your XXXL Tebow y'all brought in?

Idk but there is a place for him but if thats the best QB on the roster and it don't fit what he wants to do he says he will change and coach for what he's got that about all you can ask for right?

Idk but there is a place for him but if thats the best QB on the roster and it don't fit what he wants to do he says he will change and coach for what he's got that about all you can ask for right?
Yep good coaches cater to what they have.

Great discussion!! I'm pleased that my friends have kept their wits about them and will not be butt hurt by the opening season shut out!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT