ADVERTISEMENT

Crest Coach

crestrulz

Oct 18, 2003
Already hearing the poor mouthing going on. It's the same old loud mouth know it all clowns that are always poor mouthing this and that. Why did Crest go with a 1A coach? That's the latest thing they want to piss and moan about.

Do some research morons. This guy can coach. Ask Richmond County, yep that's where he was an assistant at before he took the 1a job. He was in the running there. Guess he wanted to be a head coach so he went where he could be one.

Put his hat in the ring at Crest and someone who knows something thought he was a great coach and and good hire. Why don't you clowns SHUT UP! It's X'S and O's. Just got to give him some Jimmy's and Joe's, Jack! Wanted to step it up a notch. If he's willing to come into the furnace, I'm willing to SUPPORT him. Good gracious, the man hasn't even got the bottom of his shoes dirty and you want to complain. Again, SHUT UP!

Welcome Coach, Line them up right, get the plays in, the talent will come back through, just a matter of time.

P.S. I hear a few big names put in for the T.L. Hannah job down in SC. One BIG NAME from Cleveland County did too. Not going to say any names, don't want this deleted, but IT'S TRUE....

Already hearing the poor mouthing going on. It's the same old loud mouth know it all clowns that are always poor mouthing this and that. Why did Crest go with a 1A coach? That's the latest thing they want to piss and moan about.

Do some research morons. This guy can coach. Ask Richmond County, yep that's where he was an assistant at before he took the 1a job. He was in the running there. Guess he wanted to be a head coach so he went where he could be one.

Put his hat in the ring at Crest and someone who knows something thought he was a great coach and and good hire. Why don't you clowns SHUT UP! It's X'S and O's. Just got to give him some Jimmy's and Joe's, Jack! Wanted to step it up a notch. If he's willing to come into the furnace, I'm willing to SUPPORT him. Good gracious, the man hasn't even got the bottom of his shoes dirty and you want to complain. Again, SHUT UP!

Welcome Coach, Line them up right, get the plays in, the talent will come back through, just a matter of time.

P.S. I hear a few big names put in for the T.L. Hannah job down in SC. One BIG NAME from Cleveland County did too. Not going to say any names, don't want this deleted, but IT'S TRUE....

I really don't care if he come from an elementary school if he can coach!

Like you said just get them lined up will be a perfect start.

Does anyone have a clue what type of O he runs, and if he is bringing any assistants with him?

There has always been fans at Crest that puts so much in to classifications. I think it is a great hire.Good luck to the man.

Reactions: wolfpack19

I told you that no coach wanted the job after seeing how the crest faithful treated some of the past coaches, all I would say to this new coach is I would not unpack all my suit cases right away.

There has always been fans at Crest that puts so much in to classifications. I think it is a great hire.Good luck to the man.
There is truth to what you type. But. There is some inaccuracy as well. Maybe YOU should read the last sentences of my original post. Shelby is a fantastic program, it has 2A student numbers but 3A football numbers. The evidence is the fact that Shelby ransacks the 2A ranks, but 3A terms not so much. Not knocking Shelby at all. Again, read the last couple of sentences of my original post. Some coaches look to take there skills to another level, where the competition is more fierce, you get that in 3A, and 4A and 4AA. You definitely get it in 5A in South Carolina. That and a 106, 000 dollar salary. Pay attention. I know for a fact a Big Named Coach from Cleveland County is in the final four for that job.

The truth is salaries for high school football coaches in SC are a lot more here in NC. Some of the most successful coaches have left the state because of it (Knotts, Barnes, Ollis, Capps, Hardin, and possibly more on the way). Go to some of the facilities in SC...I could not believe York and Gaffney High Schools' football stadiums when I visited it.

I think if you were the Crest head coach the only place you could get relief would be the shake shop in Cherryville tough spot if you don't produce like the natives want you to

one BIG NAME FROM CLEVELAND COUNTY but not going to say who it is. SOUND LIKE FAKE NEWS.

The truth is salaries for high school football coaches in SC are a lot more here in NC. Some of the most successful coaches have left the state because of it (Knotts, Barnes, Ollis, Capps, Hardin, and possibly more on the way). Go to some of the facilities in SC...I could not believe York and Gaffney High Schools' football stadiums when I visited it.
I work in Blacksburg. Those Gaffney fans are rabid. It's all football, all the time in South Carolina

Reactions: coondog8585
one BIG NAME FROM CLEVELAND COUNTY but not going to say who it is. SOUND LIKE FAKE NEWS.
What? Lance Ware has put in for the T.L. Hanna job and is in the last 4 being considered. Anyone in this County who knows anything knows it's true. I guess you're just a stupid, inbred, taint tickler that knows nothing. Moron.

Reactions: CrestMan7

Do not forget Dave Gutshall at Dorman. Multi time state champion NC and SC. Will be SC Shrine Bowl HC in 2017.

Doug Illing from Davie went to the beach.

Note, all but Hardin and Gutshall had their retirement years maxed out.

May be a few more before 2017 kickoff and big names, too.

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
What? Lance Ware has put in for the T.L. Hanna job and is in the last 4 being considered. Anyone in this County who knows anything knows it's true. I guess you're just a stupid, inbred, taint tickler that knows nothing. Moron.
such language you should have your mouth washed out with soap.

Does anyone have a clue what type of O he runs, and if he is bringing any assistants with him?
He runs triple option out of the gun with alot of spread.

1 maybe 2 assistants

I'd say it worked out well for Crest when Coach Barnes left 2A Brevard to become HC. I think he'll do fine.

Nick Eddins will do well. Played at ECU. Coached under Ed Emory and Paul Hoggard. Did very well at West Montgomery.

Would love to know your source for this info...
Well, I can't tell you. But, it's over on the 2A board and someone else besides me said the same thing. I will tell you that a former Crest coach is in the mix down there too. Don't let it upset you. There are 106,000 reasons why they are wanting that job. Can't blame none of them.

Well, I can't tell you. But, it's over on the 2A board and someone else besides me said the same thing. I will tell you that a former Crest coach is in the mix down there too. Don't let it upset you. There are 106,000 reasons why they are wanting that job. Can't blame none of them.

Yeah, I heard it from another Crest coach last week. None of us close to Shelby program (including administration) seem to have heard one word about it....that is what is confusing to us.

Lol, could just be a wishful-thinking internal rumor the Crest folks are passing along to each other. I heard it, too.
Why would Crest fans care. Man, you've beat us 1 time in 5 years and just barely when you did. I couldn't care less what Lance Ware does or does not do. You seem to be struggling with the thought that someone would consider leaving the program.. Why? Go ask him. I'll bet you it's true. I have no reason to lie. I gave you the reasons why he would consider it. He's coaching small ball and that job is SC pays 106,000 dollars. What's the problem.? What else can he do there.. It's a stepping stone to bigger things. Deal with it. We do.

Last edited:
Reactions: beamer24
Could not blame coach ware one bit. What else does he have to prove at shelby ? And to double his salary and provide for his family....anyone would jump at the chance. Heck if they raise minimum wage to 15 bucks i can double my salary . :)

Reactions: Raiderdev23
Why would Crest fans care. Man, you've beat us 1 time in 5 years and just barely when you did. I couldn't care less what Lance Ware does or does not do. You seem to be struggling with the thought that someone would consider leaving the program.. Why? Go ask him. I'll bet you it's true. I have no reason to lie. I gave you the reasons why he would consider it. He's coaching small ball and that job is SC pays 106,000 dollars. What's the problem.? What else can he do there.. It's a stepping stone to bigger things. Deal with it. We do.

Easy there, my friend. We are on the same team. I was just making a joke about it since we Crest folks have been the only one to hear this piece of information. It's not exactly a shock that he might be willing to make the jump to South Carolina.

Easy there, my friend. We are on the same team. I was just making a joke about it since we Crest folks have been the only one to hear this piece of information. It's not exactly a shock that he might be willing to make the jump to South Carolina.
Sorry bro. I didn't look at the user name very well, apparently. My bad. I assumed it was 72, without looking.

Sorry bro. I didn't look at the user name very well, apparently. My bad. I assumed it was 72, without looking.

Okay power ponies. I've been sitting back reading, sounds like you guys got a winner, congrats.

However, I also read he runs the triple out of the gun...which I find curious for Crests stature...thoughts?

Okay power ponies. I've been sitting back reading, sounds like you guys got a winner, congrats.

However, I also read he runs the triple out of the gun...which I find curious for Crests stature...thoughts?

Nothing I can do about it, but the triple out of anything sucks IMO.

Reactions: Lion Attack
I'm just curious if his offensive formations was heavily weighed for this hire by say...the other crest assistant coaches? My point is, I hope crest does well, honestly! But I don't think the triple option is the way to go...unless you have very little talent...which I don't see Crest lacking in...maybe I'm over thinking this, but it does seem odd...right?

I don't know why or how the group decided this man deserved the job, however! Crest made a great decision with Barnes and I know they had high hopes for Clark, but it just didn't work out. We have to give the man a chance...which means let him run whatever offense he sees fit. let the man get his feet dirty first.

I'm just curious if his offensive formations was heavily weighed for this hire by say...the other crest assistant coaches? My point is, I hope crest does well, honestly! But I don't think the triple option is the way to go...unless you have very little talent...which I don't see Crest lacking in...maybe I'm over thinking this, but it does seem odd...right?
They said it's not the triple option wish bone red bone deal. He runs the option out of the spread, which is what we ran last year. The second I see a fullback with his hand in the dirt with two on the wings, I'm out.

Not sure who the clown's are putting down this hire but let me say this. If not this year. You guys will challenge 3a next year. Get ready.....

I am truly sad to see Coach Eddins go, but we were lucky to keep him as long as we did. Its not like he hasn't had almost any opportunity he wanted over the last few years. We've known it was coming and have dreaded this day. His O may be triple option based, but it is designed to get the ball to playmakers in space. He does a lot of different things. If he chose Crest, he chose Crest for a reason. I promise you he did his homework and by accepting the job, he is expecting success and will instill that in the players. He is a winner and will teach them how to win in everything they do. Congrats, Crest fans, you may not know it now, but you got a great one. I want to cry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT