ADVERTISEMENT

CREEK VS BUTLER

I was impressed with Butler last week regardless of playing a Scotland team that seems to be down this yr. MC sure looked the part when they came out for warmups. As my old coaching buddy would say “they sho looked purdy”. I can’t see a blow out - but based on all the preseason MC hype I would favor MC in a close game.

Reactions: Brandon Hodge
I've been going back n forth on this and I'm not sure how this 1 is going 2 go....creek hasn't seen action, butler has...it wasnt very close competition but competition none the less vs Scotland.......creek lost a lot of experience with Allen, Rivera, weddington, gainey, Jordan Davis....players that has been 2-3yr starters......I think it's going 2 b closer than every1 thinks...............having a returning qb in Washington is key for creek along with a stable on rbs. Add playing a butler home game at the sportsplex along with creek having some inexperience at certain postions...it will b close in the 4th but creek pulls it out because they seem 2 always get a big play late vs butler in these type of early games......27-24 Creek.

It's always the next guy up at the Creek. Losing experience has never been a problem or excuse at the Creek.You gotta beat MC in the trenches. The Trench Mob is back. They have lost much more previous seasons. Lost the entire OL after the 1st State Championship team and 2 backs that are now playing professionally, Jaylen Samuels Pittsburgh Steelers, Lawrence Pittman for CFL Montreal Alouettes along with 35 seniors. Came back and won the State Championship with a bunch of Juniors who were playing JV the previous year.This group of junior's might be the best in school history,throw in some elite seniors that very few are familiar with.. Let's see if they step up to the plate? Butler will need to jump out on them early.

Last edited:
It's always the next guy up at the Creek. Losing experience has never been a problem or excuse at the Creek.You gotta beat MC in the trenches. The Trench Mob is back. They have lost much more previous seasons. Lost the entire OL after the 1st State Championship team and 2 backs that are now playing professionally, Jaylen Samuels Pittsburgh Steelers, Lawrence Pittman for CFL Montreal Alouettes along with 35 seniors. Came back and won the State Championship with a bunch of Juniors who were playing JV the previous year.This group of junior's might be the best in school history,throw in some elite seniors that very few are familiar with.. Let's see if they step up to the plate? Butler will need to jump out on them early.
I AGREE!

A game of this magnitude, this early in the season, these guys will probably all turn it up a notch...it just happens. You may see a performance from Butler, unlike last week's game...I feel like they will, Butler especially, will have to turn it up a notch...maybe they can, I'm still picken Mallard Creek convincingly. No horse in this race guys...be safe and good luck to all.

Reactions: Skimo75 and nepsy7
Have seen everyone of these games except the playoff loss in 2012. This series feels like it has been tight but looking at the scores in the Langston article this morning it has been pretty one sided the last 5 years. Most Creek wins have been blowouts.

Butlers win in 2014 was by one point. Then ARW got hurt in the playoff and they got rolled. 2015 playoff game was a Creek win by 5 points but I think Lemay scored very late to close that deficit. I dont think it was that tight. i believe that was the game played at Providence on a real bad field because of rain.

Butler win at home in 2017 playoffs they busted wide open in 2nd half. Creek was up at half I believe and had Butler 3rd and 30 deep in there own territory when Matkins hit Cheek when he was on the ground already. Butler got a first down and then went down and scored. One play turned the whole game.

Have seen everyone of these games except the playoff loss in 2012. This series feels like it has been tight but looking at the scores in the Langston article this morning it has been pretty one sided the last 5 years. Most Creek wins have been blowouts.

Butlers win in 2014 was by one point. Then ARW got hurt in the playoff and they got rolled. 2015 playoff game was a Creek win by 5 points but I think Lemay scored very late to close that deficit. I dont think it was that tight. i believe that was the game played at Providence on a real bad field because of rain.

Butler win at home in 2017 playoffs they busted wide open in 2nd half. Creek was up at half I believe and had Butler 3rd and 30 deep in there own territory when Matkins hit Cheek when he was on the ground already. Butler got a first down and then went down and scored. One play turned the whole game.
That must have been 2016! Creek went to the State Ship 2017 .. lost to Wake..Anywho.. This Butler team can’t touch that Butler team..QB play was a different level!

It does feel like its a competitive rivalry only because Butler is the only team that has shown the ability to beat Mallard Creek more than a couple of times since 2010 but in REALITY I do agree its been one sided in Mallard Creeks favor. I think its 8-4 Mallard Creek. Its like Bama/LSU where its a hyped rivalry game but Bama has owned LSU.

Butler’s dropped passed and penalties put them in a bad situation. Star player / NC State commit #5 out of game for two unsportsmanlike penalties. MC D came up big with the stop after fumble punt near goal line!!! MC QB is a hoss! He does not have to win it fir them but play smart and protect the ball.

29-22. Starting second half.

Alot to unpack from this game but my lord Mallard Creek looks the part. Once they totally figure it out look out.

Yes. 36-28.

Tell me about the QB, B&G. Kid is gamer. Punt, kick, run, pass.

Final was 38-26.

QB is Casey Kelly. Moved to N.C. from Buffalo NY area. He is the nephew of Jim Kelly and the Brother of Chad Kelly QB with the Denver Broncos. Creek had a true QB competition this summer and Casey currently got the nod. Great kid with high football IQ. The team showed a lot of first game mistakes which I think they will clean up. Only 13 seniors on the team so a lot of these guys are getting there first game action. #12 is Charles Mincy Jr. who moved from California to Charlotte his dad Charles Mincy Sr. Played in the NFL. Mincy showed tonight why he is a 4 Star RB he is very dynamic and we have not had a home run kid like this since Jela Duncan. Give them a couple more games and Creek should be pretty tough.

Yes. 36-28.

Tell me about the QB, B&G. Kid is gamer. Punt, kick, run, pass.

Big time athlete. All-american Lacrosse player. Ran the veer last year. Will have to get better in passing game but behind that Oline and with several other homerun threats he will be tough to deal with. 6-3 about 225 with some good wheels

29-2 CREEK... I know what talking about!... What CLOSE game..LMAO!!
I predicted 27-24 but I knew it was going 2 b a close 1. If creek would have played last week it may have been a bigger spread but i figured creek would have a little more rust than butler n it showed late as u can see butler made it a game. I have a feeling u will see a rematch later in the playoffs.

Pay n mind to him...hes like sv2v or whatever his name is. Throwing out fake hype and bandwagoning for a team that he isnt cheering for or have any idea about smh.

Reactions: S2V2
Why dont you stick to your area code.....how about that

Lol mallard creek is 5min from my house n butler is 20 min....this is my area code...lololol

ok well your 2.5hrs from 910
So let me repeat - stick to your area code Poppy

Pay n mind to him...hes like sv2v or whatever his name is. Throwing out fake hype and bandwagoning for a team that he isnt cheering for or have any idea about smh.
CREEK is my real team and we will demolish Vance in a few weeks... the game was over in the 1st quarter if Creek doesn’t play down to Butler.. 29-2 was a blowout early and should have been 50-2...
Creek gave Bulter the opportunities they got!... Dont let the score fool you...A busted play here and there... Butler was as bad as I thought.. I know exactly what I’m talking about... Maybe 30 penalties on Creek.. dumb penalties.. of course some momentum will shift... Creek offense came to play maybe a quarter and a half of football!.. Turnovers and bad decisions kept this game close .. not Butlers athletes!....SEE YOU SOON COUGARSDAD

It’s strange because Mallard Creek had bad penalties and couldn’t get lined up correctly and didn’t do a great job protecting the QB after halftime. So they obviously will be better.

Butler had alot of drops, I counted at least five, their star receiver didn’t play the second half and lost their kicker.

Mallard Creek is the better team, I’m trying to figure out where Butler’s ceiling is.

CREEK is my real team and we will demolish Vance in a few weeks... the game was over in the 1st quarter if Creek doesn’t play down to Butler.. 29-2 was a blowout early and should have been 50-2...
Creek gave Bulter the opportunities they got!... Dont let the score fool you...A busted play here and there... Butler was as bad as I thought.. I know exactly what I’m talking about... Maybe 30 penalties on Creek.. dumb penalties.. of course some momentum will shift... Creek offense came to play maybe a quarter and a half of football!.. Turnovers and bad decisions kept this game close .. not Butlers athletes!....SEE YOU SOON COUGARSDAD
Lol I'll never say a team will blow another team out because some kids play down and up 2 their competition...they're 16-18 yr old kids but talent shows and I feel we have a cpl players 2 give any team hell with that being said we cant do some of the dumb stuff we did the last 2 weeks but with so many young guys playing n key spots it's going 2 happen. Creek is the best team in the state point blank right now...its going 2 take a great team 2 knock them out.

It’s strange because Mallard Creek had bad penalties and couldn’t get lined up correctly and didn’t do a great job protecting the QB after halftime. So they obviously will be better.

Butler had alot of drops, I counted at least five, their star receiver didn’t play the second half and lost their kicker.

Mallard Creek is the better team, I’m trying to figure out where Butler’s ceiling is.

Butler has a pretty good core but truthfully the Achilles heel is the QB. He really can’t beat you with his arm and the second tier WR’s just do not make catches it was the same at Scotland. I think they will win a lot of games and I pick them to win the SW4A. Meyers Park I think is still soft and Hickory Ridge has to much “sauce” around the program to be take serious.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
Lol I'll never say a team will blow another team out because some kids play down and up 2 their competition...they're 16-18 yr old kids but talent shows and I feel we have a cpl players 2 give any team hell with that being said we cant do some of the dumb stuff we did the last 2 weeks but with so many young guys playing n key spots it's going 2 happen. Creek is the best team in the state point blank right now...its going 2 take a great team 2 knock them out.
Oh so you won’t say that Vance will blow Berry out?...Stop it.. I call it like I see it and Creek was 30 or MORE pts better than Butler... they just played 2+ quarters of bad football offensively!.. and had a gang of penalties which help keep drives alive.. Bulter might have punted 10 times!....Creek can’t have dumb turnovers!...Very poor decisions made by the QB once out of the pocket!... He must get better but also we must protect him!

Butlers Dline was DEFINITELY tougher than I had given them credit for!.. They played well for the most part.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT