ADVERTISEMENT

CPC 9/29

criticalj

Dec 10, 2005
I'll be at the Reagan vs Davie game Friday. Before last weekend, I would have rated this a toss up with R being a slight favorite due to it being a home game. After the pandemonium of last weekend, I'd say Davie by 1 score

In other games, I'd say

West in a cake walk over Glenn
RJR in a squeaker over Parkland
East with a comfortable win over Tabor

I will pick Davie by 2 TDs
West has a Happy Homecoming win by 40
Reynolds wins the final battle of Deaton Thompson by 20
East Wins by 21 over Tabor.

In other games, I'd say

West in a cake walk over Glenn
RJR in a squeaker over Parkland
East with a comfortable win over Tabor
- Davie 38 Reagan 37
- I love West in a route
- RJR over Parkland by 2 TD's
- East squeaks out a 8 point win over Tabor. Tabor is fired up for East(badblood)

Last i heard Tabor has alot injuries. And East Forsyth didn't look too good at all vs Davie. MT Tabor they have got to step it up.

Davie BTFO'ing R 28 to 10 with 2 mins to half

R's D stinks and has for years. One would think coaches would be held accountable.

The announcer calls it the Teal Curtain. Kudos for a nice play on the steel curtain.

More like the teal sieve though.

DC 41 R 20.

Saw where West is winning comfortably and that Parkland is beating RJR 21 to 14.

Didn't see the Tabor vs East score.

Late drama. DC 54 R 41.

12.8 seconds left.

alas onside recovered by DC.

DC looks much smoother than the last several years.

East Forsyth with a late TD pass with 5 seconds to go…for winning 29yd TD…

Final: East Forsyth 21 Mt Tabor 20 …. Tabor led the whole game. Heartbreaker

Final: Davie 54 Reagan 41
Final: Parkland 28 RJR 27 “Upset”
Final West Forsyth 46 Glenn 13….

*** It’s down to Davie, West & East Forsyth for the CPC Title ***

Last edited:
If MaxPreps is correct EF beats MT 21-20 on a last second TD. The TD drive started after MT missed a 37 yd FG.

The winning TD pass was not thrown by Baker.

If MaxPreps is correct EF beats MT 21-20 on a last second TD. The TD drive started after MT missed a 37 yd FG.

The winning TD pass was not thrown by Baker.
Tabor missed a 29 yd FG. Bryce Baker took the Eagles 80 yards in 1:08 and hit Jalen Caldwell for a 29 yd TD pass to win the game.

Tabor missed a 29 yd FG. Bryce Baker took the Eagles 80 yards in 1:08 and hit Jalen Caldwell for a 29 yd TD pass to win the game.
Thanks for the update. The site I was looking at had someone else throwing the pass. I didn't know if it was an injury issue ,halfback pass, or error.

Big miss on that FG. Keeps EF in the running for at least a tie for the championship.

Thanks for the update. The site I was looking at had someone else throwing the pass. I didn't know if it was an injury issue ,halfback pass, or error.

Big miss on that FG. Keeps EF in the running for at least a tie for the championship.
Should have never come down to the field goal. Tabor kid runs out of bounds on 3rd down with about a minute and 20 left in game. EF had no timeouts left. Unreal.

Should have never come down to the field goal. Tabor kid runs out of bounds on 3rd down with about a minute and 20 left in game. EF had no timeouts left. Unreal.
I blame Madden. Coaches and kids play real football like a video game now. Most have no understanding of clock management.

And this problem extends to college and the pros.

I blame Madden. Coaches and kids play real football like a video game now. Most have no understanding of clock management.

And this problem extends to college and the pros.
I really hope that isn't true of coaches. They know better. At least they should.

I really hope that isn't true of coaches. They know better. At least they should.
Watch games at all levels. It's terrible. Seems like Belicek is the only NFL coach who understands clock management.

This extends to other areas. Dumb ass coaches going for it on 4 and 1 from their 30 in the first quarter

I saw a game about six years ago where some dumb as coach ran the ball on West Forsyth with the game in hand. All his team needed to do was take a knee. RB fumbled. WF recovered and kicked a FG to win. First round of the playoffs. I sat on the visitors side and was talking with an elderly Black gentleman. He predicted it. He said the coach was stupid as hell and would screw things up. I believe the game was against North Meck

About four years ago, I saw Tabor drive to short FG range against Reagan. With about 12 seconds left, they try to pass the ball. Instead of getting a 12yd TD, Reagan gets it's first sack of the night. With no TOs, game over Tabor had a good kicker. Muse I believe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT