ADVERTISEMENT

COULD SOITH COLUMBUS PLAY SPOILER VS WHOTEVILLE?

A healthy SC team with #15 at qb and #11 at WR and you got a whole different offense and probably a dangerous one … #11 isn’t a qb but he is a hell of an athlete I feel
Like he could’ve really made some noise playing a position he’s more suited for….. we haven’t been a real threat since we changed qbs …. This South team could’ve won atleast 3 more games that they lost with competent coaching…

Core31 you got to have heart and talent to win football games. We went through 10 years of that at WC. Getting beat 40-50 to nothing. Had good year last year and this year but loosing 18 seniors this year. SC always had athletes but seems it's falling off some now. If Russell leaves what's your plan for another coach? Hard to get good man to come . Just asking!

Pack playing for maybe 1st and 2nd round playoff home games, SC playing to spoil that. Pack's playing some mighty good offense past couple of weeks, throwing and running but the passing game has really ramped up, look for more of that this week, to get ready for the playoffs. Would like to see more throws to the backs and maybe a play where we throw to the TE, if we have one that can catch??

Reactions: Swo1980
Core31 you got to have heart and talent to win football games. We went through 10 years of that at WC. Getting beat 40-50 to nothing. Had good year last year and this year but loosing 18 seniors this year. SC always had athletes but seems it's falling off some now. If Russell leaves what's your plan for another coach? Hard to get good man to come . Just asking!
Just my opinion but seems like they’ve strayed from a long line of traditions and lost the Stallion identity as a whole. There’s just no fire. Arguably some of, if not the worst performances I’ve ever seen from a SCHS team. We need some changes to bring back that tradition!

Not a dig at any coach in particular but we need that black hat, smash mouth, tough as nails and p***ing vinegar mindset back.

Unfortunately it’ll be Whiteville over South, running clock 2nd half.

that’s what I’m afraid of. I know who I’d want back in the position but I’m doubtful of that happening.

We just don’t need a hire like we had in the 2015ish season

When these two teams play each other, the record does not matter. Both teams will play as hard as they can. I look for a close game with the Pack winning by maybe two touchdowns. I look for SC to leave all they got on the field. If Blackwell is the QB I think they will play a lot better. I think he is a special player passing and running. He can cause a lot of problems for any defense. The Pack better be on their game like the last 3 games. Their defense and offence has been rolling.

Well let me ask you something ….

Four years of bad down right terrible football and we should keep doing the same?

I’m not saying they’re gonna find the next Jack Holley but I am saying you GOT to do something different ….

4 years of getting your ass kicked and embarrassed every Friday night is ENOUGH!

When these two teams play each other, the record does not matter. Both teams will play as hard as they can. I look for a close game with the Pack winning by maybe two touchdowns. I look for SC to leave all they got on the field. If Blackwell is the QB I think they will play a lot better. I think he is a special player passing and running. He can cause a lot of problems for any defense. The Pack better be on their game like the last 3 games. Their defense and offence has been rolling.
Rush at QB is our best chance of being competitive…. Other kid is a great athlete but he’s not a qb probably actually would be a nice weapon at WR

Well let me ask you something ….

Four years of bad down right terrible football and we should keep doing the same?

I’m not saying they’re gonna find the next Jack Holley but I am saying you GOT to do something different ….

4 years of getting your ass kicked and embarrassed every Friday night is ENOUGH!
You are right sometimes a change can spark a different attitude in players. Just wonder who you go after? Wish you the best. It will be tough tonight though.

I remember coach Hutchison came in after coach Fonvielle left and was more competitive than this and even beat whiteville one year and he was ran out of town for under performing after 2 seasons …. We’re currently headed into our 5th season of not even being able to compete but for some strange reason we’re headed in the right direction…. Strange times in Tabor City.

Last edited:
I remember coach Hutchison came in after coach Fonvielle left and was more competitive than this and even beat whiteville one year and he was ran out of town for under performing after 2 seasons …. We’re currently headed into our 5th seasons of not even being able to compete but for some strange reason we’re headed in the right direction…. Strange times in Tabor City.
That’s my take on it too. I just see a lack of intensity and a real lack of basic fundamentals. Change has to happen and if other boosters and admin are happy with said “direction” then they can get on the bus out of town as well.

Reactions: Core31
I saw where Whiteville JV team beat SC 15 to 13 last night for the championship. Sounds like SC will be better next year. Tonight, they were out maned and beat on both sides of the ball. I did not see Blackwell or Cox on the field which hurt them on both sides of the ball. Must have been hurt. I think they only lose 8 or 9 players. Do not know if they were all starters or not.

Reactions: dirty stallion
I remember coach Hutchison came in after coach Fonvielle left and was more competitive than this and even beat whiteville one year and he was ran out of town for under performing after 2 seasons …. We’re currently headed into our 5th seasons of not even being able to compete but for some strange reason we’re headed in the right direction…. Strange times in Tabor City.
Good point. I remember how much people that way hated Hutchinson even though he came over from a 4A program. He tried changing the system a bit and everyone freaked out.

Reactions: Core31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT