ADVERTISEMENT

Cougars vs Rockets - MAC Championship

Asheville QB has yet to hit WR #2 in stride. He under throws him every time on the deep ball. The DB hasn't caught up to block the pass, but makes the tackle. Fix that and he'll be averaging 30 yards a catch. WR #10 is the forgotten one. We'll see if that so called playbook I keep hearing about gets used this Friday.

The best play calling Wilkins ever did was the come from behind 29-0 to win 35-29 game vs Reynolds in 2011. When he had to mix the run with the pass.
Won't forget that game. It was 29-7 at halftime. The starting Asheville QB was ejected in the first half for punching one of our players and then all hell broke loose when David Howerton came in and threw all over our defense. Final score was 35-29.

Asheville QB has yet to hit WR #2 in stride. He under throws him every time on the deep ball. The DB hasn't caught up to block the pass, but makes the tackle. Fix that and he'll be averaging 30 yards a catch. WR #10 is the forgotten one. We'll see if that so called playbook I keep hearing about gets used this Friday.

The best play calling Wilkins ever did was the come from behind 35-0 to win 42-35 game vs Reynolds in 2011. When he had to mix the run with the pass.
It was 2011 like you said, it was 29-0 in the second quarter, then 29-7 at halftime. Then Reynolds ended up losing 35-29. Talk about a meltdown. 29 points? That same year Justin Fritts was a junior and absolutely torched the Reynolds secondary. This year we have 2 guys as big and as good as him. I hope Cougar90 is right and the "cob webs come off the playbook this week" as he put it. There is no doubt in my mind that Asheville high has the best receiving corps in WNC. 2 big deep threats and 2 smaller sure handed 3rd down keep the drive alive guys. Gotta use them though because we aren't gonna go over there and just think we are gonna run reggie 30 times up the middle and win.

Also, looks like the weather this week is worse than it was last week. Get your umbrellas out.

You are a joke hiding behind a computer screen. Your obsession with Erwin and these young boys is downright creepy.
Trust me I don't have to hide behind anything. You probably have never put on a helmet and if you did you probably were one of the water boys so stop running your big mouth. I told you to go back to sleep. No interested your words.

Won't forget that game. It was 29-7 at halftime. The starting Asheville QB was ejected in the first half for punching one of our players and then all hell broke loose when David Howerton came in and threw all over our defense. Final score was 35-29.
The best thing to happen to Asheville that game was the starting qb getting ejected

Reactions: Rocket Pride
Couldn't agree with you more there. Added another chapter to the already wild stuff in this rivalry. Seems like all the wild stuff comes out in Asheville's favor too... still trying to forget the 80 yard hail mary with 20 seconds left a couple years ago

I'm not sure who blew that one more. Us or you guys. We had the lead most of the game and it was double digits for a long time, but y'all gave up an 80 yard touchdown pass with 20 seconds left thanks to about 5 missed tackles.

You get your facts straight Erwin youth has not had many teams win super bowls. Look it up buddy. That team was the first. The only team on this board that I have said anything about is Erwin. Trust me I have great class. That is your opinion about the game on Friday. Guess that's why we play them. Glad the games are settled on the field. Oh, they leave for good reason.
Even the Asheville posters know that you have no idea what you are talking about. When I played in youth league we won two super bowls. If you read the your own post you said that was the only one that they won. Just know you are not the only person posting with football knowledge like you think you are.

Even the Asheville posters know that you have no idea what you are talking about. When I played in youth league we won two super bowls. If you read the your own post you said that was the only one that they won. Just know you are not the only person posting with football knowledge like you think you are.

Just to show you how old I am, when I played youth league we were the West Asheville Wasps wearing purple and yellow uniforms.

Couldn't agree with you more there. Added another chapter to the already wild stuff in this rivalry. Seems like all the wild stuff comes out in Asheville's favor too... still trying to forget the 80 yard hail mary with 20 seconds left a couple years ago

It wasn't even a hail marry. It was a busted play and Howerton hit D Green, who had reversed and come back towards the line of scrimmage. The other receivers ran their routes and were five hundred miles away. Green made the save and broke like 5 tackles going into the end zone. I didn't have a voice for a full week after that one.

I did not say they were the only one. I said that team was the first. Learn to read before you start running your mouth and responding. What year did you play. I coached for Asheville Youth League for years and just about every year we won the super bowl and when we lost it sure was not to ERWIN.

[QUOTE=" I hope Cougar90 is right and the "cob webs come off the playbook this week" as he put it. .[/QUOTE]

There are two plays we haven't seen this year that are money for us every time we run them. I won't say what they are but one of them has resulted in a touchdown every time we've run it in the last 15 years. The other is almost as effective. The effectiveness of both plays depends on the D falling asleep and stacking the box, so don't get upset when we run between tackles for 2 or 3 series setting it up.

I did not say they were the only one. I said that team was the first. Learn to read before you start running your mouth and responding. What year did you play. I coached for Asheville Youth League for years and just about every year we won the super bowl and when we lost it sure was not to ERWIN.
I played in the early 90's. Some of my teammates were Josh Meadows, Justin Thompson, James Lee just to name a few. I also played against the Asheville Wasp's. So I think we won the super bowl before you said.

I played in the early 90's. Some of my teammates were Josh Meadows, Justin Thompson, James Lee just to name a few. I also played against the Asheville Wasp's. So I think we won the super bowl before you said.
Well good for you buddy...I'll check with Mr. Lee he is one of my good buddies. Even if you did it was dang long time in between championships.....You must have been playing during the time when ERWIN was 0-80. Funny that was not that long ago. You need to go hibernate with BD.

[QUOTE=" I hope Cougar90 is right and the "cob webs come off the playbook this week" as he put it. .

There are two plays we haven't seen this year that are money for us every time we run them. I won't say what they are but one of them has resulted in a touchdown every time we've run it in the last 15 years. The other is almost as effective. The effectiveness of both plays depends on the D falling asleep and stacking the box, so don't get upset when we run between tackles for 2 or 3 series setting it up.[/QUOTE]
I hope you are right. My only (irrelevant) complaint is with the wide receivers cougar90. Look at brewer, a freak of an athlete who in the first game of the year gets just 2 passes thrown his way that resulted in 2 touchdowns and 100 yards receiving. Since then? It's like he has been in timeout or something. Drummond has been involved a little more but FAR FAR less than he should. Again, I'm not a coach but I cannot for the life of me understand why we don't involve those two guys more in the offense, and it doesn't have to even be passes. Put them in the wild cat or run some screens. How you can run 2-3-4-5-6-10 series in a row without letting those guys touch the ball is insane. Any coaching staff in WNC would salivate over those 2 WRs and thus far we have completely wasted them. I hope it changes. I think it will.

Can't disagree with any of that Cougar1. But screens are something you're never going to see from us. Us running a screen will draw a flag on every attempt because our TE and receivers will get caught blocking while the ball is in the air. That's something that has to be worked on from summer on. I agree about hitting Brewer on slants and crossing routes. Kid is beast once he's up to speed. I'd also like to see the halfback pass, but use Hutchins as the halfback throwing to either Brewer or Drum. Also lets use Brewer on the reverse instead of Hutchins....just some thoughts.

Cougar90 in 2002 we lost to Reynolds 14-13. One of our two touchdowns was a 75 yard screen pass to Michael Hines. Last year against Polk on 4th and 5 Cameron ray scored on a 65 yard screen pass. In 1999, (not the Wilkins era) petie Scarborough scored on a 70 yard screen pass in the state championship game. I know without a doubt there are screen passes in the Asheville high playbook, we just haven't ran them this year and this years receivers are as good as anybody we've had as a whole in 15 years.

Well good for you buddy...I'll check with Mr. Lee he is one of my good buddies. Even if you did it was dang long time in between championships.....You must have been playing during the time when ERWIN was 0-80. Funny that was not that long ago. You need to go hibernate with BD.
Actually buddy my team went 10-2 my senior year. So no I did not play on those really bad Erwin years. You need to learn to be a little more humble. Asheville is not the only team in the area. You guys have been a powerhouse in the area but not in the state.

Actually buddy my team went 10-2 my senior year. So no I did not play on those really bad Erwin years. You need to learn to be a little more humble. Asheville is not the only team in the area. You guys have been a powerhouse in the area but not in the state.
I was not talking about Asheville I was talking to you. You may have went 10-2 your senior year but you had to have a loosing record during your freshmen year so you were not far from those loosing seasons. That was not long after Travis Nowland was there and turned the program around. If the AD was smart he would have left Nowland alone. He was a heck of a coach.

Go back to sleep BD. It's time for you to hibernate...No interested in anything that comes out of your mouth.

The creepy part of that whole ramble was that you coached kids. I can only imagine what a douchebag like you said to them. I have never seen a poster on here more obsessed with one team than you. I am sure your fellow Asheville fans wish you would just shut up too. I have been on here many years and had quite a few arguments with Asheville fans, especially ahscougar1. I have never seen anyone like you though. Bashing Erwin is all you care about. For the most part Erwin and Asheville fans have been very civil this year towards each other. You are trying your best to get us going but we are not falling for it.

Reactions: CougarsOfAHS

Don't take the bait ai. He wants you to say something bad about Asheville and it will start the same ol s*** as always on here. Just wait for it, they will jump all over your comment about state. I have beat that horse in to the ground on here. Don't let this weirdo get you going.

BD, no one's jumping on anyone. You're right though, we've been over all this a million times. I want my Cougars to go undefeated every year and win a state championship, same as you and everyone else wants their teams to do the same. The reality though is that things change from year to year and even when you have your best team in history it only takes one little thing to derail those dreams. Personally, if we beat Reynolds Friday night I'll be thumping my chest and if we loose I'll congratulate the Reynolds fans. Either way wen Saturday comes I'm going fishing. Same thing when we play Erwin. Win or lose I'll be humble about it and the next day I'm going hunting. Football is a big part of life for most of us, but it ain't all there is to life.

Will this game be streamed at all?
I'm not sure if the Great American Rivalry Series is doing a video broadcast or not but I know there will be probably 3 radio broadcasts that you could stream.

1310 WYSE- Asheville Network
rocketssportsnetwork.com
570 WWNC- Buncombe county game of the week.

Reactions: Chopper747
Unfortunately it is looking like a big chance of rain for Friday. Hope if it does rain it will be a light rain and people brave the weather to come out to this one. These two teams deserve a big crowd and a good atmosphere.

BD, no one's jumping on anyone. You're right though, we've been over all this a million times. I want my Cougars to go undefeated every year and win a state championship, same as you and everyone else wants their teams to do the same. The reality though is that things change from year to year and even when you have your best team in history it only takes one little thing to derail those dreams. Personally, if we beat Reynolds Friday night I'll be thumping my chest and if we loose I'll congratulate the Reynolds fans. Either way wen Saturday comes I'm going fishing. Same thing when we play Erwin. Win or lose I'll be humble about it and the next day I'm going hunting. Football is a big part of life for most of us, but it ain't all there is to life.

I have tried to be more low key on here this year. I was not even going to post on here anymore because I got so sick of the petty bickering and a few posters really annoyed me. They have totally changed so it has been pretty smooth sailing. This one loser cigadd or whatever he calls himself is just annoying. He bring NO substance to the board and is just your average flamer. I just passed 2000 posts and I have seen many like him come and go. Good luck fishing. I might go Saturday. I am a die hard fly fisherman. I might need a boat just to get to the river with the forecast they are calling for..

[QUOTE=" Good luck fishing. I might go Saturday. I am a die hard fly fisherman. I might need a boat just to get to the river with the forecast they are calling for..[/QUOTE]

That's your problem right there brother. Fly fishing naturally turns everyone who does it into an a**hole. Fighting the damn trees and bushes.....trying to fling that little fly into a hole under a tree limb...that's just insane. Grab yourself a good ol' zebco 33 or a lightweight spin cast and make your life 10000% easier. I wish I'd never made the fishing comment. I can't hate anyone who's a fisherman. Damn you BD! Now we have to be friends. :)

It's quite an odd feeling to see bdwarrior upset and it not be because of me.

Well, we just had the 4 blood moon prophecies fulfilled, and just the other day I saw a cat and dog sleeping together. Now BD is pissed at someone other than you. I'm pretty sure we may be in the end times.

I have tried to be more low key on here this year. I was not even going to post on here anymore because I got so sick of the petty bickering and a few posters really annoyed me. They have totally changed so it has been pretty smooth sailing. This one loser cigadd or whatever he calls himself is just annoying. He bring NO substance to the board and is just your average flamer. I just passed 2000 posts and I have seen many like him come and go. Good luck fishing. I might go Saturday. I am a die hard fly fisherman. I might need a boat just to get to the river with the forecast they are calling for..
Keep running that mouth BD. Go get your water bottle. You should not even be discussing football because I'm sure you have never played. Go back to sleep. Tired of listening to your mouth.

BD the only loser is you. I have been a winner all of my life. In everything I have done I have won. I am very successful and always have been. Obviously that's not true for you since you went to ERWIN.

Don't take the bait ai. He wants you to say something bad about Asheville and it will start the same ol s*** as always on here. Just wait for it, they will jump all over your comment about state. I have beat that horse in to the ground on here. Don't let this weirdo get you going.
Take the bait ai. He needs to take his own advice. BD has taken it over and over.

Haha holy crap this guy is hilarious. Dude is just a winner. Too bad his significant other looks like the dog that chased the car and caught the car most likely.

[QUOTE=" Good luck fishing. I might go Saturday. I am a die hard fly fisherman. I might need a boat just to get to the river with the forecast they are calling for..

That's your problem right there brother. Fly fishing naturally turns everyone who does it into an a**hole. Fighting the damn trees and bushes.....trying to fling that little fly into a hole under a tree limb...that's just insane. Grab yourself a good ol' zebco 33 or a lightweight spin cast and make your life 10000% easier. I wish I'd never made the fishing comment. I can't hate anyone who's a fisherman. Damn you BD! Now we have to be friends. :)[/QUOTE]

You need to cross over to the good side and I am not referring to Erwin..Haha. Flyfisherman are sophisticated and look cool with all our useless gear while fishing. Don't get me wrong, I grew up with the zebco chasing smallies on the French Broad. I will always have a place for that in my heart.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT