ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Games Only ?

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
As we have seen this past week - We have seen Drastic changes in College Football landscape with some league canceling their season or suspending Fall season or Moving to the Spring n or Conference Games only

So with that being said - If HS Sports don’t wanna move to the spring season , Do u play a Shorten Fall season with Conference Games only n Don’t start until Sept ? I feel this could be a option if we don’t flip seasons

Thoughts?

As we have seen this past week - We have seen Drastic changes in College Football landscape with some league canceling their season or suspending Fall season or Moving to the Spring n or Conference Games only

So with that being said - If HS Sports don’t wanna move to the spring season , Do u play a Shorten Fall season with Conference Games only n Don’t start until Sept ? I feel this could be a option if we don’t flip seasons

Thoughts?
Sorry, but we can't make those decisions, that is up to our Governor !

Thoughts?

I'm against it

Conference only may be the only option. Might not even get a full conference schedule in with the size of some conferences.

If that happened Pisgah would lose the gate for Murphy and Tuscola our two top money games this year.

At this point we can't look at it from a money standpoint imo. Yes that sucks but if we get any sports in, it's about getting them in for the kids. If that is 5 or 6 games and Pisgah only gets to play a conference slate, that is better than nothing.

Reactions: PBBear51
At this point we can't look at it from a money standpoint imo. Yes that sucks but if we get any sports in, it's about getting them in for the kids. If that is 5 or 6 games and Pisgah only gets to play a conference slate, that is better than nothing.

Money does need to be looked at. You have to pay the bills as many school systems can’t find athletics with out the football gates. I also think gyms will be at a reduced capacity for basketball as well. So there goes your two revenue streams. If you can’t support your other sports there is no need to play just to play. Playing and being in the hole financially will hurt schools more than not playing.

Could pay to play become a requirement?

It's possible.

I think gate prices should be upped at least a $1 if conferences have to. Schools will have to be innovative as always, but we simply can't be saying we have to play this game or this game for the revenue.

Not disagreeing with you, but revenue has to be considered. You need to consider crowds will not be the same, insurance more than likely will increase and playing less games. You can’t bankrupt your athletic to play a few games to say you played. It sucks, but that is reality.

109948939_10158295221078405_6180218088499502243_o.jpg

Sell game film for $10 or $15 bucks.

Dont look good for any type of football even next spring.

California just cancelled the rose parade in January 2021.

Football us done for a long time. At least 2 or 3 years

Dont look good for any type of football even next spring.

California just cancelled the rose parade in January 2021.

Football us done for a long time. At least 2 or 3 years

Hahahah what???? Onslow Co is going bavk to school and been practicing for weeks. Full slate of games. You guys need to get your headdddd outta your backside

Some districts aren't even returning to partial capacity such as Guilford. I highly doubt this districts will allow sports to happen if they're allowed to.

Murphy and Robbinsville have been practicing from the beginning.
81 is saying it'll get cancelled even though school starts.

Im still hopeful for September 1st.

If we dont get to pound the Rock on Erwin that will suck.
We will not be playing Smoky or the team from GA that went crazy. Cant remember name.

Have you seen the restrictions for when school does start?

There won't be any contact sports until social distancing guidelines are reduced.

Not sure why you consider being honest negative. I'm as hopeful as anyone to get a season in but I am also realistic about it. As I have said, if we can play 5 or 6 football games, that should be considered a victory.

Money does need to be looked at. You have to pay the bills as many school systems can’t find athletics with out the football gates. I also think gyms will be at a reduced capacity for basketball as well. So there goes your two revenue streams. If you can’t support your other sports there is no need to play just to play. Playing and being in the hole financially will hurt schools more than not playing.
Read a article where Neil Blankenship said if a team could get four games in they'll break even.

The goal should be to break even this year. Put all projects and uniform purchases aside for a year. Make sure you can cover officials and transportation.

Serious question. Granted I see no way to do high school sports without fans, but if there were no fans or less fans, would officials be willing to take a cut for the season just to help schools out?
Well, the state did not cut us a break, they have already asked and collected my registration fee for football. The Regional Supervisor didn’t cut us a break, actually charge $14 more this year, that paid also. $ I am $171.50 invested already.

I probably said more than I should, there is a lot of people that know who I am.

Well, the state did not cut us a break, they have already asked and collected my registration fee for football. The Regional Supervisor didn’t cut us a break, actually charge $14 more this year, that paid also. $ I am $171.50 invested already.

With all that said, I truly will miss football. More than any of the sports.

I probably said more than I should, there is a lot of people that know who I am.

People sure are quick to take your money but not willing to give it back right?

Thunder, I may have sounded sour, but I have made so many lifelong friends from officiating, even a few coaches act like they are glad to see me. I wouldn’t trade all that for any amount of money.

I knew you weren't being sour. Those relationships are some of the most rewarding.

What if they turn us loose September 1?
We will probably be 5 games behind..
How about playing 2 games a week to make em up? Wednesday nights and Saturday afternoons.

How about playing 2 games a week to make em up? Wednesday nights and Saturday afternoons.

Going to be a huge headache. Not sure about two games a week. Maybe for a week or two, to catch up with other schools

2 games a week? Are you crazy?

You obviously don't want what's best for the kids. That's football 6 days a week mixed with prep for coaches, who in many cases will have an increased workload if they're a teacher.

I know there have been times where 2 games a week have been played, but 2 games a week for 3 or 4 weeks if not longer? No way.

You obviously don't want what's best for the kids. That's football 6 days a week mixed with prep for coaches, who in many cases will have an increased workload if they're a teacher.

I know there have been times where 2 games a week have been played, but 2 games a week for 3 or 4 weeks if not longer? No way.

Schools down east had to do it to get caught back up when hurricane hit.

The state extended the season if I recall. So there might have been a week or 2, but we aren't talking a whole football season.

I just don't think y'all understand what this school year is going to look like.

Reactions: CherokeeKid

Ok candy butt..Its easy to see your not from the Smoky Mountain Conference ..We will play 7 days a week if we have too..its what separates the men from the boys.

Reactions: Mbulld
Ok candy ass..Its easy to see your not from the Smoky Mountain Conference ..We will play 7 days a week if we have too..its what separates the men from the boys.

Watch your mouth when you speak to me. I'm not taking your crap.

You don't have a clue. It's all about you getting to sit in the stands and watch a game. That's it.

It's not about separating the men from boys. It's freaking common sense.

Reactions: UNC91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT