ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Coach Grant Smith @West Montgomery

offthehook

Aug 21, 2004
Haven't seen as much excitement in boys basketball in Montgomery County since the Martin twins, Billy and Bobby. Grant exhibits the same level of coaching style as the twins. He is very methodical as he is a student of the game. He is by far a bright spot in Montgomery County as a role model.and team leader. What a hire? I only wish my older 2 sons could have played for him.

I predict he will turn West Montgomery around in 2 years if not sooner.

He is a very very good coach. Nothing but respect for him. Would not surprise me to see WM show a huge improvement this season.

I am writing for my brother:

Coach Grant had a terrific camp last Wednesday for our youth at West Montgomery. They learned more in one day than they did at the EM week long camp.

He is a keeper. Yes, he reminds us of the Martin twins.

Wish he was the coach at East Montgomery. We miss the Martin legacy. West is lucky to have him.

Haven't seen as much excitement in boys basketball in Montgomery County since the Martin twins, Billy and Bobby. Grant exhibits the same level of coaching style as the twins. He is very methodical as he is a student of the game. He is by far a bright spot in Montgomery County as a role model.and team leader. What a hire? I only wish my older 2 sons could have played for him.

I predict he will turn West Montgomery around in 2 years if not sooner.

Offthehook, you guys are definitely lucky to have Coach Smith. I echo you words. My son played for him and they still communicate. Coach is generally concerned with the "kids". That is why you would see that Green & Gold everywhere supporting all kids and all sports not just basketball. I am sure you have experienced the same in Montgomery County except coach has traded in his green and gold for Red and Black.

Enjoy him, support him, and he will inspire great things. However, I do believe it will take coach a little longer than a season to bring about the change you all want to see. Besides our Mustangs are primed to take back the conference crown from Montgomery County.

Go Stangs!!!

#23 McCrimmon CTH Player of the Year 2015-16

Offthehook, you guys are definitely lucky to have Coach Smith. I echo you words. My son played for him and they still communicate. Coach is generally concerned with the "kids". That is why you would see that Green & Gold everywhere supporting all kids and all sports not just basketball. I am sure you have experienced the same in Montgomery County except coach has traded in his green and gold for Red and Black.

Enjoy him, support him, and he will inspire great things. However, I do believe it will take coach a little longer than a season to bring about the change you all want to see. Besides our Mustangs are primed to take back the conference crown from Montgomery County.

Go Stangs!!!

#23 McCrimmon CTH Player of the Year 2015-16

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT