ADVERTISEMENT

Coach David Diamont YouTube channel of old games involving his teams at ES & MA

Reactions: Maiden Creek
One of the best things I've seen in a while; helps fill the gaps of game film I couldn't find. That 1985 game with us two is in real good shape. The old news clips are the best though; blows my mind in a sad way how much better the coverage was back then. While tech has gotten better the coverage hasn't.

Props to them for these; a real gem!

Reactions: davisdorm
That was fun. Seeing date stamps of 1998 and 1999 and think that wasnt long ago and realize it was more than 20 years ago, lol. I heard the name Justin Boaz playing for East Surry...is he the dad of Jefferson and Foldger?

The filming quality of this is amazing; it's like your almost on the field. It's 35 years old but it beats most modern films by a mile. First time seeing one of those streak Starmount teams; impressive. I did get some laughs out of the shows at the start of this.. Dave musta loved Sitcoms back then.

My First Game

Getting to see this is a real treat too; this was my very first NS ballgame as a player and being there in general. 15 years later I'm still here. I had no idea what the heck was going on though 🤣 We had our freshman orientation that day for my class and I was mindblown. My first period class was Drama and I was mindblown I was gonna act plays out. Then traveling the wings; wow. I was happy to see Coach Martin on break it brought me some calm. Then came the game itself.. I couldn't understand why they were playing music on the PA. I was such a newbie lol. I had to learn it hardcore though the year but I made it.

My 10th grade game is on here too; granted I was ruled out before the start with a tore up knee. I was pissed; I tried my hardest to play but they pulled me out and made me get an MRI. At one point you can see me glare at someone... I was so zoned out I don't even remember why lol.

Next time I see Coach Diamont I'm gonna thank him like crazy for these.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK

Fell down the YouTube rabbit hole watching old games. Ran across highlights of the best game I've ever saw in person.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT