ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton @ West Bladen Oct 22nd

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
All thoughts and opinions are welcome positive or negative.

Clinton in action for the second time this week this time traveling down to Bladenboro for a matchup with the West Bladen Knights. For Clinton coming off a 49-0 victory at home over Red Springs Tuesday night where you were able to handle business and get a lot of young players valuable playing time. Offense continue to look efficient defense who’s had to spotlight on them scored a shutout albeit against a down Red Springs squad still I’ll take the donut hopefully continue to build confidence inching closer to the postseason. Clinton should be heavily favored in this game but West Bladen looks like they have a scrappy bunch much improved from the 0-6 team in the Spring.

Little background in the history between the two teams we were conference foes in the old Tri Six and in the Four County Conference 2A/1A conf

dating back to 2001 Clinton has won all 8 matchups

West Bladen coming off a lost at Midway 49-33 a game where they gave Midway a pretty good fight actually leading 14-7 at halftime before the Raiders woke up. Like I mentioned above I expect the Knights to play hard but as long as Clinton doesn’t come out sleepwalking we should be fine. I’ll say Clinton 48 West Bladen 14

Last edited:
And if you don’t agree you may be unfollowed! Disclaimer totally unnecessary and evidence of who’s got the thin skin. Selective Reading = You don’t think like I do

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
Anyway…. I notice WB started a started a freshman QB vs Midway not sure if he has ran the show the whole season or filling in for a injury. Looks like he had a solid showing which is always good. If I’m not mistaken West Bladen Coach Stanley Williams first season as head man for the Knights taking over from Jon Sherman. Williams was a coordinator for the Knights over the Spring previously served as assistant at Purnell Swett,Westover,Red Springs, and EE Smith. West Bladen hasn’t had a winning season since 2014 and atleast it looks he has them pointed in the right direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: UNC91 and sam
Proving scoring updates later on….Simmons has Clinton by 31 I agree I see it being something like 42-14 , 48-18 somewhere in that ballpark. Safe travels to those heading to the games and hope for a injury free contest GO HORSES!!!

First play of the game 40 yard TD pass from Blake Smith to Jariah Goodman. 2 point conv good by Wilson. 15 seconds in Clinton 8 West Bladen 0

It’s a family affair as freshmen Josiah Robinson takes it in from 6 yards out for score. 2 point conv good by Owens. 5:22 left in 1st Q 22-0 Clinton

Robinson brothers putting on a show now older brother Onias Robinson runs it in from 17 yards out. 2 point conv no good. 1:24 left in 1st Q 28-0 Clinton leading West Bladen.

Clinton’s Nashawn Sampson runs it in from 7 yards out. 2 point conv good pass from Smith to Evans. 9:36 left in half Clinton leads 36-0.

Clinton’s Jymeik Sampson blocks WB punt scooped up by Z. Johnson ran in for TD. PAT is good. Clinton 43 West Bladen 0 8 mins left in half

Clinton D forces a fumble stopping WBs beat drive of the night……subs in for Clinton offense

Halftime Clinton 43 West Bladen 0. Clinton basically did what they wanted to do in the first half. Blake Smith made some great connections with WRs and Robinson brothers been finishing drives out. Clinton defense showing a lot more intensity forced some turnovers and blocked a punt. Tackling well and flowing to the ball finishing plays. Playing with a chip on shoulder that’s good. Should be all subs in the 2nd half some more quality PT for subs/JV guys. Would love to see them hang on to the shutout

Reactions: Otis4411
West Bladen opens 2nd half with a 99 yard KO return for TD. 2 point conv good Clinton 43 West Bladen 8. 10:35 running clock in 3rd

Clinton’s Onias Robinson answers for the Darkhorses 14 yard TD run. PAT blocked. Clinton 49 West Bladen 8 under 4 mins in 3rd

West Bladen scores on a 90 something yard pick 6 2 point conv good couple seconds left in game……..Clinton 49 West Bladen 16 final

Midway can’t stop EB eagles score again 49-35 with about 3 mins left…… Fairmont was driving before throwing a INT SP has the ball now still 22-18 with 5 mins left

Fairmont turnover on downs with bout 2 mins left. That’s probably it for that one but man what a effort by the Golden Tornadoes.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Reading some of the comments over on the Wallace vs ED threads glad to see I’m not the only one who shares criticism after a tough loss lol….we all do it nothing wrong with it.

Reactions: dogs79
Thanks dark horse.it waz a battle.Don’t understand how stpauls beat Clinton an u beat fairmont by 50.I like St. Paul but this not a championship team.Baldwin May had 100 yards.Busted play he ran 43 yards.The most all night.Lost 18 to 28

Thanks dark horse.it waz a battle.Don’t understand how stpauls beat Clinton an u beat fairmont by 50.I like St. Paul but this not a championship team.Baldwin May had 100 yards.Busted play he ran 43 yards.The most all night.Lost 18 to 28
No two games are alike seems like a lot of good games tonight and upsets. SP may have gotten alil complacent that can kill teams seen it many times. Great effort by Fairmont with Midway reeling Golden Tornadoes may pick up a win next week if they play with that same effort

Congrats to the Dark Horses who really are a dark Horse when it comes to playoff games.
That’s what a Darkhorse is after all lol. We may play better without all the expectations and spotlight. Yes it may be against what some call lesser opponents but sounds like team has amped up the intensity a bit and playing with a chip which I have no problem with. Been said before it’s all about peaking at the right time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT