ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs Northeastern Eastern 2A Final

Thanks Wiz, I'm going to be in Clinton early. I want to have a nice meal and not be in a rush. This game is a big one in my eyes. Been looking forward to it for a few years now. I'm glad coach was able to do his part to allow us to be able to play for the eastern cship down south.

gonna be a good one. Hope Clinton wins but my money would be on NE. Got a gut feeling this may be their year.

How good is Clinton? I have seen them 3 times. Against Goldsboro, Wallace, and Beddingfield and I wasn’t really impressed. They are a pretty good team but don’t feel like they are battle tested. The bottom half of the bracket was like the SEC and the top was the PAC-12.

Reactions: daagoob
It may be NE’s year. I have watched people say that Goldsboro had the athletes to upset them, then the orange crush of SWO was going to be too much physicality, then the whole NC thought it was no way they could go to PINETOPS and beat them.

Reactions: daagoob
Northeastern has played in half of the regional finals this decade (2-2). Know the northeast corner of the state doesn’t get much love but that’s pretty impressive

Both teams have earned the right to be there. It should be a great game. There will be several great games across the State Friday.

Reactions: dogs79
Northeastern has played in half of the regional finals this decade (2-2). Know the northeast corner of the state doesn’t get much love but that’s pretty impressive
That is actually very impressive. We have one of the top hs coaches in Nc here and our school needs to make sure we keep him.

Reactions: dogs79
As far as Clinton goes, we'll Otis messaged me and told me they were really good. I have always respected his opinion and I know he's telling the truth. One thing us Northeastern fans know is that our Eagles are playing very very good. I can't state it enough, we are playing better than any Northeastern team I have ever watched. This game will not be a cake walk for Clinton, they are going to have to play their best to win. I believe the same can be said for NE. Can't wait

Its going to be a battle bottomline whoever wins is going to earn it......fully expect most to pick NE to win and thats fine they are defending Eastern Champs they know what it takes to get it done......with that being said Clinton has grown exponentially since August and been questioned every step of the way but here we are....Not many teams lose a star player(Mohamed Kaba) like we did and be in the spot we are in and they are playing their best football right now......its a resilient bunch a extremely fun bunch to watch and i hope i get the opportunity to watch them play 2 more games....Coaching staff will have them ready kids will be siked stadium will be rocking its going to be a fun game GO HORSES

Reactions: dogs79 and TD08
Anyone that makes it this far deserves to be there. Hate to throw out a cliché, but whoever wins the turnover battle will win this game. Think it wil be a good game. If I didn't have a work thing, I would be making the trip to Clinton two weeks in a row. LOL.

Its going to be a battle bottomline whoever wins is going to earn it......fully expect most to pick NE to win and thats fine they are defending Eastern Champs they know what it takes to get it done......with that being said Clinton has grown exponentially since August and been questioned every step of the way but here we are....Not many teams lose a star player(Mohamed Kaba) like we did and be in the spot we are in and they are playing their best football right now......its a resilient bunch a extremely fun bunch to watch and i hope i get the opportunity to watch them play 2 more games....Coaching staff will have them ready kids will be siked stadium will be rocking its going to be a fun game GO HORSES

Nothing but respect for a team in the 4th round. I have no dog in this fight but I definitely respect both programs. Going to be a good one!

I may have to break out the playlist on the Chromebook for this one..

Both teams are good whoever makes the least mistakes will win Turnovers,Special teams,Penalties...Good teams make you pay for those type.of mistakes and very well could be the difference

Hearing the Clinton basketball coach laid down an ultimatum and the entire Darkhorse backfield and secondary is out for Friday so they can focus on the hoops season. Big blow for Clinton. Bring the confetti, Goob. Northeastern by 50! Just who is coaching that basketball team anyway?!?!?! :cool:

THIS. IS. SARCASM.

Last edited:
I think it will be like last week with NE vs SWE. It will come down to coaching once again. Which coach can make the correct moves to expose the other teams weakness. I think both teams are good enough to overcome a turnover or two, but neither team can ill afford to not make adjustments when a formation or play is beating you on the field. NE is very good at audibles out of the spread and has evolved in that aspect since the beginning of the season. When they line up in the wishbone be ready for the 255lb 6'2" Quasi locomotive. No need for an audible in that case! Lol. I think both teams have great talent but the coach with the best gameplan and can adjust on the fly will win the game.

Hearing the Clinton basketball coach laid down an ultimatum and the entire Darkhorse backfield and secondary is out for Friday so they can focus on the hoops season. Big blow for Clinton. Bring the confetti, Goob. Northeastern by 50! Just who is coaching that basketball team anyway?!?!?! :cool:

I have a big confetti gun. It breaks down in 2 pieces so I can easily conceal. I'm sitting on the Clinton side right in the middle

How good is Clinton? I have seen them 3 times. Against Goldsboro, Wallace, and Beddingfield and I wasn’t really impressed. They are a pretty good team but don’t feel like they are battle tested. The bottom half of the bracket was like the SEC and the top was the PAC-12.
everybody's got a opinion

I think it will be like last week with NE vs SWE. It will come down to coaching once again. Which coach can make the correct moves to expose the other teams weakness. I think both teams are good enough to overcome a turnover or two, but neither team can ill afford to not make adjustments when a formation or play is beating you on the field. NE is very good at audibles out of the spread and has evolved in that aspect since the beginning of the season. When they line up in the wishbone be ready for the 255lb 6'2" Quasi locomotive. No need for an audible in that case! Lol. I think both teams have great talent but the coach with the best gameplan and can adjust on the fly will win the game.
the past two playoff games the DarkHorses had really big 3rd quarters

Reactions: bud33345
the past two playoff games the DarkHorses had really big 3rd quarters
That's awesome against most coaches after the first half. If a coach finds himself down 2tds with 9min. left in the 1st qt, then what? That's exactly the predicament NE and coach Moore found themselves in last Friday. SWE had more talent than NE at the skill positions and they jumped out early. Once with a short field and a long drive on the next score. Coach Moore found a weakness on defense then systematically adjusted the offense to make up the 2 td deficit. At halftime it was 14-12 NE. It looked to me the SWE coach panicked in the 3rd qtr and went to some radical playcalling and played players out of position. Seemed totally out of character for him to me but he started to hide behind his players on the sidelines like "the Fonz" in The Waterboy movie. Lol

Northeastern always seems to come out the gate slow, we can't afford to do that Friday night. I was glad to see our quarterback return last week and he played like he hadn't missed a beat. I like our chances if we continue to play like we have been over these last six weeks.

Clinton coaches have been great all year with adjustments and the kids have done a excellent job executing....i have no worries in that department our kids will be prepared

Reactions: superstar57

Lol this must come from the same media outlet that reported both NE's QBs being out Friday right

Reactions: sam and Otis4411

Haha. What a joke. Considering Clinton’s HC is one of the footballs radio announcers, I don’t think this is accurate, but what do I know. Not to mention he is one of the biggest supporters of Coach Johnson and this team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkhorse#34
These NE dudes talk a lot of junk. Hope y’all enjoy your trip to a Clinton.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT