ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs Northeastern Eastern 2A Final

Darkhorse04

Dec 5, 2006
Finally the eagles have to travel to Clinton. I think every time we have played it’s been in Elizabeth city. Congrats on your win tonight. Next week should one heck of a game. Loads of talent on the field next week for sure. Safe travels.

Should be a great game. I plan to go. Sorry we couldn't give you guys a better game. Clinton looks really really good.

Reactions: dogs79
This is going to be a good one. Our game against Swe was a good one. They are the real deal, it could've gone either way. Not sure what's going on with our team but they are playing really good. The best I've ever seen them, ever. Even last yast year. I'm most excited about next yr, we're not losing hardly anyone and we're gaining a lot

I can't wait to meet all of you. We're going to have a good time!!! Northeastern brought a lot of fans tonight. I talked with Coach Moore about an hour ago and he has nothing but respect for Clinton. Like myself , he's also glad we get to play for the c ship on the road.

Aside from Edenton, Swe was our toughest opponent in my opinion. I know we lost to Havelock, but I also know why now. At the time I didn't understand why we looked so bad.

Reactions: CrazyHeel
Clinton has been extremely locked in great offensive and defensive effort tonight going to need that same type of performance next week....extremely proud of what these young men have accomplished so far this has been a fun group to watch....just be 1-0 next week GO HORSES

Best experience of the night besides broadcasting my 2nd game in 3 weeks was meeting those guys before the game.....so much football experience and great stories it was a real pleasure meeting those guys..........i got some friends coming from South Point and a couple old teammates coming next week should be another fun one......DH Stadium will be PACKED!!!!!

We can't wait. I believe Mike will be riding with me Friday. He wasn't able to make it tonight but said he'd definitely be there this week if we won.

I'm going to Dover next week
You're not going to the football game. Will be up there next weekend as well. My daughter has a cheerleading competition in Ocean City Maryland Saturday morning. So I'm driving up to Clinton with Dempsey and Mike and then I have to turn around and be in Ocean City Maryland at 8 a.m.

I believe the DarkHorses are peaking at just the right time, and are playing very physical football right now.
Wiz, I think both teams fans are in for a treat. Just like your stallions our Eagles are playing incredible. I have never Witness our kids play so good. The defense is just nasty! I'm going to second that again and say that our defense is on fire. We may not beat Clinton but I will tell you this, if we play the way that we have been in the playoffs then it's going to take one heck of a team to defeat us. 1 things almost a guarantee, we will dig ourselves in a hole right from the start. All year long we've had to come from behind to win. I really love what I've seen with this team. It's 3 a.m. and I am still smiling. I think I'm more excited about going 2 Clinton. It's one of the top places that I wanted to experience. I know that I'm speaking for my coach as well, we are really looking forward to playing there. This may sound crazy but to be honest I don't like playing at home. Otis message me and said that Clinton is the real deal. He said it would take a really good team to beat them, and I believe him 100%. I can't wait to meet up with you guys and my friends from wallace-rose Hill, Otis, and Bud. I will also tell you that win or lose I'm not going to complain and make excuses for why my team lost. I don't think we'll lose but how can I be certain when I've never seen Clinton play. This is the game that everyone wanted. No question we are the top to teams in the East. For my eagles this game will provide us an opportunity to get a possible rematch against Reidsville. I do know that if we were to lose then Some Southwest Onslow posters would just pile on us and talk trash up here. Mike, myself, and Dempsey we'll all be there this week. I would love to Meetup and get a good ribeye steak and shrimp dinner before this huge championship match.

Wiz, I think both teams fans are in for a treat. Just like your stallions our Eagles are playing incredible. I have never Witness our kids play so good. The defense is just nasty! I'm going to second that again and say that our defense is on fire. We may not beat Clinton but I will tell you this, if we play the way that we have been in the playoffs then it's going to take one heck of a team to defeat us. 1 things almost a guarantee, we will dig ourselves in a hole right from the start. All year long we've had to come from behind to win. I really love what I've seen with this team. It's 3 a.m. and I am still smiling. I think I'm more excited about going 2 Clinton. It's one of the top places that I wanted to experience. I know that I'm speaking for my coach as well, we are really looking forward to playing there. This may sound crazy but to be honest I don't like playing at home. Otis message me and said that Clinton is the real deal. He said it would take a really good team to beat them, and I believe him 100%. I can't wait to meet up with you guys and my friends from wallace-rose Hill, Otis, and Bud. I will also tell you that win or lose I'm not going to complain and make excuses for why my team lost. I don't think we'll lose but how can I be certain when I've never seen Clinton play. This is the game that everyone wanted. No question we are the top to teams in the East. For my eagles this game will provide us an opportunity to get a possible rematch against Reidsville. I do know that if we were to lose then Some Southwest Onslow posters would just pile on us and talk trash up here. Mike, myself, and Dempsey we'll all be there this week. I would love to Meetup and get a good ribeye steak and shrimp dinner before this huge championship match.
If you’re wanting a steak, Ribeyes in Clinton is amazing.

Reactions: daagoob
You're not going to the football game. Will be up there next weekend as well. My daughter has a cheerleading competition in Ocean City Maryland Saturday morning. So I'm driving up to Clinton with Dempsey and Mike and then I have to turn around and be in Ocean City Maryland at 8 a.m.
I have to be in Dover to pick up something I might go to the game but that's a lot of driving in 24 hours

A lil tale of the tape

Clinton and Northeastern have only met 2 times in both schools history as far as i looked back

Series 1-1...2008 2nd round playoff game 43-31 won by Clinton and 2017 2nd round playoff game 35-0 won by Northeastern both games were in Elizabeth City

Only common opponent the two teams share is Goldsboro Northeastern beat them 34-14 Clinton beat them 58-24

NE ppg 30 while allowing 17
Clinton ppg 38 while allowing 13

All this information has zero baring on the game this upcoming Friday night just a slight snapshot at the two teams

Bottomline Northeastern is defending 2A eastern champs they know what it takes to get to the big game they have the players and the coaching to get it done to be the best you have to beat the best and they will be the best team we have played to this date....I believe the Horses have it in em im behind them all the way hoping for a great week of practice and preparation and a good clean injury free game Friday night...We Believe...Now lets get it done GO HORSES!!!!!!

Good information! Both teams seem to be clicking at the right time. Going to be a great game!

Clinton has been blowing out their opponents this postseason. Northeastern has been battle tested with their non-conference schedule. Should a good one

Northeastern has a lot of fire power and has the talent to beat Clinton. Clinton has been playing as a team and does everything good. I think Clinton's strength is there line play on both sides of the ball. Turnovers could decide this one.

If I’m Northeastern I’m putting a special emphasis in practice on winning the special teams battle. There are maybe two touchdowns just begging to be scored here. Punt and kick blocks, kick off returns, etc.. Clinton’s true weakness.

First time Clinton has hosted a Eastern Championship since 2005 season stadium will be packed despite the rise of soccer and basketball this is still a football town super excited for this game......im sure i will be horse by halftime.....Goob 50 yard line home side top row ill be there

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT