ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton High New Head Coach

Maybe so. I just don't think one of the best high school coaches ever, forgot how to coach last year. Completely different system and new head coach. Clinton always had athletes.

Coach can put guys in position to be successful players still have to make the plays....mistakes were the story of last season even with our struggling line on both sides we were still in position to win in every game besides the East Duplin loss and the NE playoff game all were winnable....even in that NE game it was a point it was 14-0 Clinton has the ball inside the NE 5 yard line a couple penalties later we are turning the ball over on downs.....Shooting yourself in the foot was the overused term for us last season.......also not too mention Lewis did experiment with a hurry up spread offense at the beginning of the year something he has never done before....we didnt find our offensive rhythm until maybe the 3rd or 4th game

Reactions: dogs79
Coach Johnson knows the transfer alright, he's Coach Johnson's nephew. Player's father is one of the 3 new assistant coaches coming from Scotland. They already have a house and live here so its legit, no problem. A real bonus coaches with a player! He's young, a rising junior. His offer is on the Wolfpack message boards. My question of all the great players the DarkHorses have had, have the DarkHorses ever had a rising junior with a major D-1 offer already? I don't recall so. I find this very exciting and I'm hearing very positive feedback from some players.
Keep is posted, Mr. Wiz!

Did anyone say Coach Lewis forgot how to coach? He retired! Good gosh, he's been in the business forever but like Jack Holley who coached a long time, he decided to retire.

If you want to see Mohamed Kaba in action you can copy his name here and go to twitter and find his page and his sophomore highlight is on Hudle. Impressive, and dominating. Needless to say, he will lead our defense.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Im ready to see those football uniforms i already know they gonna look great...Nike makes some good ones.....hopefully maybe a alternate jersey aswell

I also wonder if there will be any changes to the helmets. Are they going to still keep the numbers on the sides?

Scotland has a big blue S on theirs. I don't like the alphabet. I like the vegas gold with small black #'s or just plain vegas gold, or a medium size horseshoe. Definitely not the horse that you see mostly,

I also wonder if there will be any changes to the helmets. Are they going to still keep the numbers on the sides?

One thing i really dont wanna see changed is the helmet...simple all black with the white numbers and pride stickers which are earned throughout the season....simple but always looks good........i hope we dont end up with a horse on the helmet like Boise State's....if its not broke dont fix it.....i think Hobbton and James Kenan use to have some of the best looking helmets that Michigan style Hobbton use to have and the Cincinnati Bengal style JK use to have not a fan of thier new ones they had recently

Similar to you guys I like the numbers, or just a Vegas Gold helmet(which could be an alternate helmet). I was just spitballing because I know that every coach may want to put his own stamp on things sometimes.

benfranklin17LR.jpg
what about the helmet on the right?

Heard Dr. Miller resigned as Principal...alot of changes going on at Clinton....he was a constant at the football games rocking that fedora

@FOOTBALLFANTIC i know we were talking about stadium improvements as far as the field and track go but how you feel about this and im just throwing a suggestion out..........Jumbotron? I seen the one Scotland has and it is awesome i dont think many NC High Schools have them let alone a 2A school

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
And i brought up the idea of naming the field after Coaches Lewis and Robinson most people like the idea a few on their soapbox's about it being a bad idea and discrediting the work of others who helped build the program......honesty i disagree i feel its a fitting gesture

@FOOTBALLFANTIC i know we were talking about stadium improvements as far as the field and track go but how you feel about this and im just throwing a suggestion out..........Jumbotron? I seen the one Scotland has and it is awesome i dont think many NC High Schools have them let alone a 2A school
A Jumbotron would be a very nice addition to the stadium, as well as a turf field(less maintenance over time, but larger upfront cost). A Jumbotron can cost, at a minimum, $500,000, but if the school can come to an agreement with one of the companies, they could possibly get one for free. Probably would have to agree to let the company display advertisements around the screen and receive monies from the advertisements, but it can be done. Along with the Jumbotron, the track needs to be redone, the fieldhouse needs upgrades/remodeling, and the ticket booth needs to be redone/replaced. With funds from Dark Horse Nation, this can be done!

Last edited:
And i brought up the idea of naming the field after Coaches Lewis and Robinson most people like the idea a few on their soapbox's about it being a bad idea and discrediting the work of others who helped build the program......honesty i disagree i feel its a fitting gesture
I don't see anything wrong with naming the field after either Lewis or Robinson or both. Lewis Field at Dark Horse Stadium, or Lewis-Robinson Field at Dark Horse Stadium.

I don't see anything wrong with naming the field after either Lewis or Robinson or both. Lewis Field at Dark Horse Stadium, or Lewis-Robinson Field at Dark Horse Stadium.

Some are looking wayyyy to deep into it...the gesture is not to be disrespectful to anyone else and everyone knows alot of people have contributed to the success of the program not just those 2 men but to say that the program would be where it is today without those 2 Head Coaches is wrong.......like i said some people just trying to turn something that was ment to be positive into a negative....but seems like the majority would be all for it including some really good former players

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
Some are looking wayyyy to deep into it...the gesture is not to be disrespectful to anyone else and everyone knows alot of people have contributed to the success of the program not just those 2 men but to say that the program would be where it is today without those 2 Head Coaches is wrong.......like i said some people just trying to turn something that was ment to be positive into a negative....but seems like the majority would be all for it including some really good former players
Some folks just like conflict, smh

I really don't care about a jumbotron, (seems like kind of a extravagance for 5-7 football games a year) but a color-coded artificial surface PLAYING FIELD (much less maintenance) with it being named (fundraising) could be a reality soon if everyone would get in behind it. Those fields look and play really nice. They've made such improvements on the surface. I know in 2008 when my son played on Cambell's 1st team (since 1949) Campbell's surface looked real standing on it, and that was 10 years ago. They've improved since then. A lot of schools in the mountains have artificial surfaces now because of maintenance.MAYBE THE NEW Nike sponsor could get in on the deal!

Last edited:
I really don't care about a jumbotron, (seems like kind of a extravagance for 5-7 football games a year) but a color-coded artificial surface PLAYING FIELD (much less maintenance) with it being named (fundraising) could be a reality soon if everyone would get in behind it. Those fields look and play really nice. They've made such improvements on the surface. I know in 2008 when my son played on Cambell's 1st team (since 1949) Campbell's surface looked real standing on it, and that was 10 years ago. They've improved since then. A lot of schools in the mountains have artificial surfaces now because of maintenance.MAYBE THE NEW Nike sponsor could get in on the deal!
A Jumbotron would be a “nice to have”, but not a necessity. However, like Wiz said, a turf playing field could definitely become a reality if Dark Horse nation would really get behind it. We already have one of the best stadiums in the state, why not dress her up a little more?

Like I mentioned, the up front cost of a turf field is expensive, but the field will pay for itself with 10-15 years of maintenance free care. And we could be one of the few East of the Triangle and Charlotte to have one.

A Jumbotron would be a “nice to have”, but not a necessity. However, like Wiz said, a turf playing field could definitely become a reality if Dark Horse nation would really get behind it. We already have one of the best stadiums in the state, why not dress her up a little more?
Though it would dress it up quite nicely, but more important how functional it would be and no mowing, no fertilizing, no having to have it painted with the lines etc.

Though it would dress it up quite nicely, but more important how functional it would be and no mowing, no fertilizing, no having to have it painted with the lines etc.
Boy it would be really nice . I can envision it now, black boundaries and end zone with Clinton in one enzone and Dark Horses in the other or checkerboard black & Gold. Of course a emblem of some type in the center and the name of the field on each sideline around the 35 yard line. Center field emblem anyone? I believe this can happen!

Boy it would be really nice . I can envision it now, black boundaries and end zone with Clinton in one enzone and Dark Horses in the other or checkerboard black & Gold. Of course a emblem of some type in the center and the name of the field on each sideline around the 35 yard line. Center field emblem anyone? I believe this can happen!
We may need to create a new thread, Wiz lol! I think a "C" like the Clayton High "C" would do, or either the double horseshoes, but bigger.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT