ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton High New Head Coach

2018 schedule has been posted no major changes from 2017....was hoping we would be able to find a endowment game

So im really curious about this kid Blake Smith and the hype anyone seen him play like i said before didnt catch any middle school games...anyone know height and weight??? Is he a thrower? Runner? Or a combo of both @Wizard of the East @FOOTBALLFANTIC @Darkhorse04 @chscoachdavis
I've heard some rumblings about this kid, but like you, I didn't make any SMS games. But if they're going to run the Veer, the QB is going to have to have some speed and great deception techniques.

I've heard some rumblings about this kid, but like you, I didn't make any SMS games. But if they're going to run the Veer, the QB is going to have to have some speed and great deception techniques.

Well i didnt really see that with either of the JV QBs last year so the freshmen may be the best option if Evans isnt going to switch back

Well i didnt really see that with either of the JV QBs last year so the freshmen may be the best option if Evans isnt going to switch back
Don't get me wrong, the QB doesn't have to possess blazing speed, just enough "game speed" to make the offense run smoothly. I just hope that the community doesn't put too much pressure on this young coach right out the gate.

They won't put too much pressure on him. The guy can coach. He will put the kids in the positions they need to be in and the Horses will be just fine this year.

Reactions: dogs79
They won't put too much pressure on him. The guy can coach. He will put the kids in the positions they need to be in and the Horses will be just fine this year.
What would you consider"just fine" this year. ECC probly best conference in state.

Should be a 3 Horse race. Looking back at the last 2 jv seasons got to give the edge to Clinton or East Duplin. But we will have to see.

Don't get me wrong, the QB doesn't have to possess blazing speed, just enough "game speed" to make the offense run smoothly. I just hope that the community doesn't put too much pressure on this young coach right out the gate.

Dont get me wrong now both kids ran the offense effectively especially during the Wallace game i attended but witht the veer the QB running the ball is a big apart of it and the deception i would think it would be ran better by a mobile QB

What would you consider"just fine" this year. ECC probly best conference in state.

Its between the top 3 ED,WRH,Clinton....JK may be improved and Goldsboro's stud RB will have them in most games but both still middle of the road in my opinion......besides that Midway,Spring Creek dont expect alot out of them

Well i think its time to honor Bob Lewis with renaming the field at Dark Horse stadium after him.......Lakewood is doing it for James Lewis Midway is doing it for Tommy Sloan i think its time for Clinton to follow suit

You're talking about the field itself, right? Not the stadium? I think its quite evident something is and will be named for him. I reckon the question is when. I'm pretty sure it has been talked about.

You're talking about the field itself, right? Not the stadium? I think its quite evident something is and will be named for him. I reckon the question is when. I'm pretty sure it has been talked about.

Just the field...not the stadium...James Lewis and Tommy Sloan Sampson County Coaches with the honor i think we need to add Bob Lewis to that list

I think the fieldhouse is already named for Coach Robinson.....i like to keep it Dark Horse Stadium.....just has a sound to it cant describe.....Bob Lewis Field at Dark Horse Stadium
The fieldhouse is B.T. Lundy Fieldhouse, isn't it? I was just spitballing on the stadium name.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
FieldHouse named after BT Lundy Sr, much fundinf for it by his son and daughter.
Coach Robinson didn't win a state championship but he built up close to a 20 year winning tradition that set the stage

Heard good news that Coach Johnson got 3 of his fellow assistants from Scotland County coming with him on his staff.

Good for the Coach to have some familiar faces helping him, but what does this mean for long time Clinton assistants and volunteer Coaches like @speak-in-the-mic pointed out and not to mention Robert Hill Jr. who is suppose to be helping out at the High School aswell as the middle school

I mean i expected this but i also really like guys like Bell,Ellis,Lane,Henry,Warren,Baxter,Gray etc.....think it will be smoother for the kids to keep some of those guys around.......maybe youll see some of those guys move over to the middle school helping Thornton....
Or may see a mass exodus to join Arnette at Harrells

I think Coach Johnson is a great hire and hes going to do big things. Little back ground but that split back veer he is going to be running is also the same offense he had to prepare for to go against with Pinecrest and they ran it with slow white kids but have had much success. I have heard coach Johnson has a lot of respect for Coach Metzger so I'm sure they have done some talking about logistics about the offense. It will definitely have coaches and players frustrated trying to prepare for it. Hardest thing to prepare for is option teams because you can simulate the same speed in practice. I have heard teams in the ACC have to practice a week in spring and then a week in summer for GT for their triple so having some deception will be great for a new coach. Does anyone know of other Bailey disciples and if they have been successful?

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
I think Coach Johnson is a great hire and hes going to do big things. Little back ground but that split back veer he is going to be running is also the same offense he had to prepare for to go against with Pinecrest and they ran it with slow white kids but have had much success. I have heard coach Johnson has a lot of respect for Coach Metzger so I'm sure they have done some talking about logistics about the offense. It will definitely have coaches and players frustrated trying to prepare for it. Hardest thing to prepare for is option teams because you can simulate the same speed in practice. I have heard teams in the ACC have to practice a week in spring and then a week in summer for GT for their triple so having some deception will be great for a new coach. Does anyone know of other Bailey disciples and if they have been successful?
Also, watch Carson Newman on Youtube. They also run the split back Veer, and ran it pretty well. Three yards and a cloud of dust.

You're right, Bronco. The triple option is difficult to stop, especially if the defense is not playing assignment football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT