ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton High New Head Coach

Saw the athletic program signed a deal with BSN Sports/Nike...so does this mean goodbye to the underarmor football jerseys...after only 1 year? Not quite sure how this works

I wish we had 1 alternate helmet or jersey for big games or special occasions.

They have done different combinations with the away jeresys over the years white on white and white tops with the black pants always looks sharp....some people were asking about the old all vegas gold jersey and pants we wore back in 2005-2009.....i just hope they keep the pride stickers on the helmets always thought that was a nice touch and rewards players for hardwork big plays hustle etc and looks good too

I did a little research on companies like Nike and Under Armour making deals with high schools. Some of the perks include free uniforms and steep discounts on apparel and equipment. This can definitely benefit schools with shrinking athletic department funds.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Yes, like a gold helmet. Alternate uniforms would be a nice touch, especially during Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

I use to talk about a all grey uniform kinda like the ones the mens basketball team wears......didnt they have gold helmets back in the 70's?

Heard clinton has a transfer coming in jr. LB who was just offered by state. May just be a rumor but hey we will take him. I’m so ready for the season.

Just checked out his film looks like he is a 3-4 DE/OLB good speed tackles well should definitely bolster a front that struggled last season....we can put him on the line with Sloan and Ellis or put back at LB beside Cruise look forward to seeing him play.....just hope everything is legit with the transfer

Just checked out his film looks like he is a 3-4 DE/OLB good speed tackles well should definitely bolster a front that struggled last season....we can put him on the line with Sloan and Ellis or put back at LB beside Cruise look forward to seeing him play.....just hope everything is legit with the transfer
I saw on his Twitter page that it says LB at Clinton High School

Agreed! And since Johnson knows him well, he will know just how to use him.

You check on his tape yet....kid definitely knows how to tackle i like that cause last season i went grey over how many tackles we missed arm tackling.....honest to God i really believe as silly as it sounds we were literally 2 or 3 arm tackles from being 8-2 instead of 6-6 and i stand by that

You check on his tape yet....kid definitely knows how to tackle i like that cause last season i went grey over how many tackles we missed arm tackling.....honest to God i really believe as silly as it sounds we were literally 2 or 3 arm tackles from being 8-2 instead of 6-6 and i stand by that
Yes, I saw his video, which is very impressive! Yes, those arm tackles made me lose my hair(what little I have left). Maybe Coach will bring different tackling drills to practice.

Yes, I saw his video, which is very impressive! Yes, those arm tackles made me lose my hair(what little I have left). Maybe Coach will bring different tackling drills to practice.

Different mindset......Cape Fear and East Bladen games were the worst probably if missed tackles were a recordable stat pretty sure we led the state in the first two weeks.....honestly werent really a bad football team last year it was the mental errors....a few turnovers,missed tackles and untimely penalties from being really really good.....We really didnt lose much from last years team should....the ceiling is very high

Different mindset......Cape Fear and East Bladen games were the worst probably if missed tackles were a recordable stat pretty sure we led the state in the first two weeks.....honestly werent really a bad football team last year it was the mental errors....a few turnovers,missed tackles and untimely penalties from being really really good.....We really didnt lose much from last years team should....the ceiling is very high
Yes, with all of the loses last season, they were in all of those games, I think fatigue played a large role in the loses. This year, they need to learn to finish games.

Coach Johnson knows the transfer alright, he's Coach Johnson's nephew. Player's father is one of the 3 new assistant coaches coming from Scotland. They already have a house and live here so its legit, no problem. A real bonus coaches with a player! He's young, a rising junior. His offer is on the Wolfpack message boards. My question of all the great players the DarkHorses have had, have the DarkHorses ever had a rising junior with a major D-1 offer already? I don't recall so. I find this very exciting and I'm hearing very positive feedback from some players.

Coach Johnson knows the transfer alright, he's Coach Johnson's nephew. Player's father is one of the 3 new assistant coaches coming from Scotland. They already have a house and live here so its legit, no problem. A real bonus coaches with a player! He's young, a rising junior. His offer is on the Wolfpack message boards. My question of all the great players the DarkHorses have had, have the DarkHorses ever had a rising junior with a major D-1 offer already? I don't recall so. I find this very exciting and I'm hearing very positive feedback from some players.

Good to hear looking forward to seeing him play

And it seems like recruting is a whole different animal these days back in the day seems like even the best guys didnt receive offers until they were juniors.....now a days its a huge race to get guys youll see guys with offers midway thru freshmen year maybe even sooner lol.....and now with youtube,maxpreps,and hudl seems easier yo build up buzz and get your tapes out to any and everyone plus all the freaking camps and combines they have now........if this stuff was like this back in the day i think alot of our great players too many to name would have offers prior to junior year

One really exciting thing is the attention this kid has will open things up for some other guys that probably wouldn't get a chance to get looked at.....sometimes it seems recruiters and scouts have forgot where lil ole Clinton is and the talent we have in our small town....other major schools coming to look at Kaba now may see some other's

That's exactly right , he will attract exposure to others. You're right about the little school reputation, yes Ckinton is a small school but can you tell me any other school small or large that has produced 3 NFL running backs who started in the NFL?

Hey Wiz. Y'all got very high expectations. Maybe a little to soon?

Not so much return the majority of a team that lost 3 games by less than 7 points. Its Clinton expectations are always going be high but we definitely have some reasons to be Coach Johnson has stirred up alot of excitement and looks to be a promising season and Kaba coming over makes it that much better

Reactions: dogs79
And a JV team that has won conference the last 2 seasons....JV success does not always transfer to varsity but i watch them last year and its some talent moving up especially at the skill position.....like i mention once we figure out who the QB is going to be and those lines come together it could be one of those years....definitely eager for the week of July 30

Reactions: dogs79
So with the new deal with Nike i saw basketball's new jerseys......Wonder what football teams will look like

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT