ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton @ Eastern Randolph 2nd RD

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Well i honestly dont know too much about ER besides the fact they're 9-3 and i see all the loses came against 3A opponents...Any ER poster's or someone who has seen them shed some light???....what kind of offense do they run?...i keep hearing that they're sneaky good lol whatever that means so im expecting a good ball game...the way Clinton's defense has been playing may very well be the difference

its going to be a great task for our Horses.It gets more difficult from here on out.
Be Tough Be a Horse!

ER is what I call sneaky good. They don't overly impress you at first sight but the longer you let them stick around the better they get.

ER by 7

Originally posted by GoNtheDistance:
ER is what I call sneaky good. They don't overly impress you at first sight but the longer you let them stick around the better they get.

ER by 7
what offense do they run?? passing team runnong team or balanced?? weakness?strengths? players to watch?

Eastern Randolph is mainly a running team, but can pass. They are led by Jaron Letterborough, a sophomore who has rushed for over 1,300 yards. Quarterback Corey Newby has thrown for nearly 1,000 yard and is the second leading rusher on the team with over 800 yards. Their defense gives up around 21 points a game. If Clinton's defense continues to be stingy, they won't have much of a problem with the Wildcats.

Originally posted by FOOTBALLFANTIC:
Eastern Randolph is mainly a running team, but can pass. They are led by Jaron Letterborough, a sophomore who has rushed for over 1,300 yards. Quarterback Corey Newby has thrown for nearly 1,000 yard and is the second leading rusher on the team with over 800 yards. Their defense gives up around 21 points a game. If Clinton's defense continues to be stingy, they won't have much of a problem with the Wildcats.
I hope so but at this point in time everyone is good cant overlook anyone...hope the boys rest up this weekend and get ready to get back to work monday

I agree, I was just saying that if the Horses continue to play Darkhorse football and stay disciplined, they should win this game as well. Hope ya'll can make the trip. I only live 45 mins away from ER, so I will be there to cheer on my Horses!

Sorry Guys! but its going to be tighter & tighter from here on out. The Darkhorses will be have their hands full with ER, just as will the Eagles will with FC. Going to be a gauntlet from here on out. Whew! The other match ups aren't gimmes either.

I think SWO will have it pretty easy this week but true Clinton vs ER,EB vs FC and AG vs Holmes will all be good games

Not sure if i will be able to make the trip depends on the work schedule....hope the guys can stay focused on that 2 hour bus ride

Lookign at some stuff on hudl they run shotgun spread #34 is the goto back they do that lil quick shovel pass like Whiteville....#7 the QB is very mobile i saw some speed option and QB read option...We will have our hands full

Tackling in open space was a weakness of the Horses in the past, but they have been pretty strong at that this year. Will be a very good game. So Clinton fans, please make the trip up US421/US64 and support our team!

Don't overlook ER. The QB is clutch. calm cool doesn't panic, has a lot heart. If its a close game he will take over. Should be a good game.

Originally posted by Darkhorse#34:
Well i honestly dont know too much about ER besides the fact they're 9-3 and i see all the loses came against 3A opponents...Any ER poster's or someone who has seen them shed some light???....what kind of offense do they run?...i keep hearing that they're sneaky good lol whatever that means so im expecting a good ball game...the way Clinton's defense has been playing may very well be the difference
Here you go, Dark Horse fans. Don't say that I never gave you nothin. Whenever we play teams away from our area, I always seek out their local newspapers to see what they got. This week, check back to see what they say about your team. Sometimes is good for bulletin board material.

http://courier-tribune.com/sports/wildcats-reach-second-round-trounce-panthers

ER is a good solid team this year,I sen them play a couple times this year and I'll be there to watch this one as well,they have good RBs that run hard,and can throw it around if they have to,but their not state championship material and that's not a knock on them either there very capable of making a good run in the playoffs,I just think Clinton will be to much for them to Handel,Clinton is a very physical team on offence and defense.

Clinton-36 E.Randolph-14

no disrespect to east rand. but after seeing Clinton knock out WRH and goose egg Graham I don't see anyone beating the horses unless its Shelby in state just my 2 cents worth but the horses are looking awesome going into 2nd Rd of the playoffs. What say you?

I agree with tdawg. ER is a good team not great. outside the '83 state playoff game clinton has never been a good matchup for ER

I found out Clinton is 3-2 against ER going back to 1980 not sure if the two played prior of course this has nothing to do with the outcome of Fridays game just alil history...these two programs played a non conference game every year from 1989-1992 and they met in the 2nd round of the playoffs in 1983 lets hope history does not repeat itself friday Clinton lost that 2nd round game

1983 2nd Round playoff-Clinton 7 ER 22
1989-Clinton 32 ER 14
1990-Clinton 27 ER 7
1991-Clinton 33 ER 13
1992-Clinton 12 ER 13

To say this ER team is remotely close to that '83 3A state championship team would be waaaayyyy off lol. Not even in the same sentence. The toughest teams ER has played this year have beaten them badly, and the conference is average at best. HPA isn't even close to last years team, and Randleman is ok, but they never beat ER and barely beat a 4-8 Greene Central team 26-22 at home this past Friday night.

Hearing positive things about ER have not heard much about the defense though...i see they have a pretty good DT/DE 6'5 230 has 11 sacks on the year and was their conference Defensive player of the year last year...besides that i have not heard much...they use him on offense as a blocking WR aswell

Eastern fan here but I feel the same as what has already been said. Eastern is a pretty good team, an average team if compared with championship teams of past. Not dominant on either side of the ball. Special teams coverage is suspect. Strong running back only in his sophomore year; he will be something before he graduates. Not a big team by any means on the lines. Run a spread offense, mix up and repeat 2-3 plays. It works against the bad teams, it doesn't against the good teams. Qb tends to hang on to the ball too long but always trys to make a play out of something. Can throw fairly well when necessary. I see Clinton winning this one 28-6. Eastern can win the game don't get me wrong but I don't think there's any question Clinton is the better team. If you have trouble stopping the run Eastern will have a chance. If we can't move the ball it'll be ugly.

Originally posted by msgtcody:
Eastern fan here but I feel the same as what has already been said. Eastern is a pretty good team, an average team if compared with championship teams of past. Not dominant on either side of the ball. Special teams coverage is suspect. Strong running back only in his sophomore year; he will be something before he graduates. Not a big team by any means on the lines. Run a spread offense, mix up and repeat 2-3 plays. It works against the bad teams, it doesn't against the good teams. Qb tends to hang on to the ball too long but always trys to make a play out of something. Can throw fairly well when necessary. I see Clinton winning this one 28-6. Eastern can win the game don't get me wrong but I don't think there's any question Clinton is the better team. If you have trouble stopping the run Eastern will have a chance. If we can't move the ball it'll be ugly.
thanks for the insight...i assume you served judging by your screen name...i did too appreciate ya service

Originally posted by PhantomEagle:

Originally posted by Darkhorse#34:
Defense wins championships
You can tell what side of the fence Earl Vaughn stands on., but that's alright too.
Just a article....its nice to see something written up about the team the Sampson independent rarely does articles beside after the games

This post was edited on 11/18 6:08 PM by Darkhorse#34

The independent supports the team but just rare to see random article during the week leading up to the game like alot of other papers do...Mike Carter one of the sports writers does a great job covering games and providing pictures/twitter score updates but like i said you dont see much leading up to the game during the week just think it would be nice if our local paper did that more especially since its the playoffs

you know what they say; even Newspaper guys love print, 'bulletin board material also".and sell papers.

The Sampson Independent isn't anything like it used to be. When Fred Burgess was the sportswriter there, he had detailed info on every game that involved Sampson County teams. Now you mean to tell me with all of the technology there is today the current staff cannot publish anything leading up to a PLAYOFF game? Just sorry if you ask me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT