ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had kids transfer the first week of practice and play in a different school for the opener of the season. Happens more then you would think. Leaving before spring ball to be there for that is part of the new norm coaching and playing HS football. These kids believe they will get a scholarship and "their Coach" is going to help them accomplish the goal. No surprise to me. I hope he does well in SC now that he's finally secured his bag! Money talks. Coaching is a job. Provide for the family is #1 in my book. Clinton will be fine going forward anyway. Always have been good with a decent coach.

Agreed. Whether questionable or not, in the end it’s their (the parents) decision. I wouldn’t ever sign my kids over to a coach for legal guardianship in order for them to be eligible to change teams, but that’s me.
Sure it is. I just think they're following a charlatan down to South Carolina. Maybe just as happy playing at Clinton and getting more exposure by being close to those schools. You say FBS all you want. It's not a knock on the kid it's a knock on the expectation. Good for him any offer is good. But the justification from some of these so-called fans. It's way off base. We'll see what happens. Hopefully they come back and play for their hometown school. And not some POS coach that's going to get run out of town in 3 years.

Sure it is. I just think they're following a charlatan down to South Carolina. Maybe just as happy playing at Clinton and getting more exposure by being close to those schools. You say FBS all you want. It's not a knock on the kid it's a knock on the expectation. Good for him any offer is good. But the justification from some of these so-called fans. It's way off base. We'll see what happens. Hopefully they come back and play for their hometown school. And not some POS coach that's going to get run out of town in 3 years.
Lighten up on the coach. You are an expert on coaching and everyone that does. Just remember you are one yourself, don’t think you would like people calling you a POS.

Lighten up on the coach. You are an expert on coaching and everyone that does. Just remember you are one yourself, don’t think you would like people calling you a POS.
I am not a coach. Just a fan. But of course even if I was I'd hate to think a moderator of your great pillage would think it appropriate to call that person out. I'll call it like I see it. Delete it if you don't like it.

I just don't see how we can endorse a coach and his behavior if he leaves a school and poaches their players, I see that as dirty pool. Some may not agree but so be it.

I just don't see how we can endorse a coach and his behavior if he leaves a school and poaches their players, I see that as dirty pool. Some may not agree but so be it.
No dog in the fight but it happens all the time especially in large urban districts. Alot of players start 9th grade at a HS specifically because of a coach. He leaves they leave. Sometimes they follow said coach because of relationships and not knowing who the new coach will be. Some schools hire a new lesser coach and guys leave not following the original coach. It's HS football so transfers are gonna happen and this is transfer season as guys want to participate in Spring ball.

MC is not what it used to be but it's a definite upgrade pay and prestige wise over Clinton. Think RC dropped the ball big time in not hiring Johnson. Not sure why all the personal hate. Johnson can flat out coach and will do very well at MC

No dog in the fight but it happens all the time especially in large urban districts. Alot of players start 9th grade at a HS specifically because of a coach. He leaves they leave. Sometimes they follow said coach because of relationships and not knowing who the new coach will be. Some schools hire a new lesser coach and guys leave not following the original coach. It's HS football so transfers are gonna happen and this is transfer season as guys want to participate in Spring ball.

MC is not what it used to be but it's a definite upgrade pay and prestige wise over Clinton. Think RC dropped the ball big time in not hiring Johnson. Not sure why all the personal hate. Johnson can flat out coach and will do very well at MC
I’ll leave it at this but from my friends down in the Clinton area say the animosity towards Johnson is not towards his coach abilities. It’s not towards his passion for winning. It’s not towards even the attention he garnered with all the “Clinton U” stuff although they didn’t prefer the look it put on the school.

They are upset at the way Johnson left. He basically accused Clinton of being out to get him. He accused all of the admin and his close helpers to the team as being “Racists” when they didn’t give in to his demands, and as he basically stormed out of dodge he gave a big metaphorical middle finger to CHS, the admin, and the people who had stuck by him since day one, and everyone else that wasn’t helping him get his way.

Don’t forget, Clinton took a chance on him as a first time head coach at age of like 27. It worked out well for both sides, but instead of just parting on mutual cordial terms, it became a shouting match of false claims, and epithets that just won’t true. I think if CJ had just said, guys I appreciate what I was able to get out this for last 5-6 years, but in the best interest of myself and my family I’ve decided to move on to another place, things would’ve been fine. It’s when it started getting ugly and the accusations of all sorts of things that it got out of control. He tried to turn it into a black/white thing in the community and as he rolled out with 5-7 players, the admin was left trying go through damage control.

*In Full disclaimer, this is only what I was told from someone down that way, but he has always been a solid source for info in my past experience so take it for what it’s worth*

I’ll leave it at this but from my friends down in the Clinton area say the animosity towards Johnson is not towards his coach abilities. It’s not towards his passion for winning. It’s not towards even the attention he garnered with all the “Clinton U” stuff although they didn’t prefer the look it put on the school.

They are upset at the way Johnson left. He basically accused Clinton of being out to get him. He accused all of the admin and his close helpers to the team as being “Racists” when they didn’t give in to his demands, and as he basically stormed out of dodge he gave a big metaphorical middle finger to CHS, the admin, and the people who had stuck by him since day one, and everyone else that wasn’t helping him get his way.

Don’t forget, Clinton took a chance on him as a first time head coach at age of like 27. It worked out well for both sides, but instead of just parting on mutual cordial terms, it became a shouting match of false claims, and epithets that just won’t true. I think if CJ had just said, guys I appreciate what I was able to get out this for last 5-6 years, but in the best interest of myself and my family I’ve decided to move on to another place, things would’ve been fine. It’s when it started getting ugly and the accusations of all sorts of things that it got out of control. He tried to turn it into a black/white thing in the community and as he rolled out with 5-7 players, the admin was left trying go through damage control.

*In Full disclaimer, this is only what I was told from someone down that way, but he has always been a solid source for info in my past experience so take it for what it’s worth*
Ya think CJ’s biggest fan agrees with the facts? I doubt it. Both were using the race card.

• Haha
Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT