ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton at Wallace Rose-Hill(Oct 27th)

By the fence that 30-0 Northside game, I was there, it was 12-0 going into the 4th qtr. Northside cold not get the center/qb exchange correct and broke down in the 4th qtr. Actually at that game I wasn’t all that impressed with WRH and saw them very beatable. Yes the DarkHorses don’t have Skinner this year but they did’t. depend on him last year compared to the previous two years. I believe the current Bulldog team lost some players from last year as well. As far as schedule goes other than Havelock out of conference and East Duplin (who WRH list to) exactly who has WRH defeated worth thumping their chest over? .... right no one . The DarkHorses will be the best team WRH has played other than Havelock and ED. Talks of this game being a blowout are absurd. It will be a close competive game that could go either way, but as you say if I’ wrong I’m not going anywhere. With close to 15,000 post I don’t worry about being wrong. I just call it as I see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chopper747
By the fence that 30-0 Northside game, I was there, it was 12-0 going into the 4th qtr. Northside cold not get the center/qb exchange correct and broke down in the 4th qtr. Actually at that game I wasn’t all that impressed with WRH and saw them very beatable. Yes the DarkHorses don’t have Skinner this year but they did’t. depend on him last year compared to the previous two years. I believe the current Bulldog team lost some players from last year as well. As far as schedule goes other than Havelock out of conference and East Duplin (who WRH list to) exactly who has WRH defeated worth thumping their chest over? .... right no one . The DarkHorses will be the best team WRH has played other than Havelock and ED. Talks of this game being a blowout are absurd. It will be a close competive game that could go either way, but as you say if I’ wrong I’m not going anywhere. With close to 15,000 post I don’t worry about being wrong. I just call it as I see it.
With 15,000 posts I don't know whether to congratulate you or feel pity for you.

The win over Havelock speaks volumes to me. Southwest Onslow would defeat Southern Lee and would give EB a better game in my opinion than Clinton did.

Take off your blinders. Doesn't matter how many posts you have, who Clinton had played or who is walking the sidelines.

Wallace Rose Hill by 4tds.

The Horses did lose some key players last year; however, the JV last year did beat wrh jv last year by 30+ points. Clinton still has a lot of talent and can win this game but they have to stay focused and come TOGETHER this week. Pressure is on wrh to not have a let down and to try to revenge last years stomping by the Horses. If it was automatic for wrh then why play the game. Looking for a good game with no injuries. When it is all said and done it is just a GAME that KIDS like to play and we should enjoy watching these talented athletes entertain us this Friday night. Go HORSES!!!!

People forget at the beginning of the season Clinton was trying out a new offense a hurry up spread that obviously just didnt work still played Cape Fear losing by 6(missed 2 FGs)....the EB game was more competitive than the final score shows....was a 21-16 game early in fourth before EB pulled away...and the NS Jax game lost that in the last minute.....all of those are still L’s but its not like we just got blown off the field........if Clinton plays a perfect game and WRH makes some mistakes a upset is not that far fetched

34.I haven't forgot. Plus, I know how Clinton plays in the DOG pound. Would not surprise me at all if the score is closer than I predicted

34.I haven't forgot. Plus, I know how Clinton plays in the DOG pound. Would not surprise me at all if the score is closer than I predicted

Like i said we will have to play a flawless game and Wallace will have to help us out by committing mistakes(costly penalties and turnovers).....im totally ok with some of the score predictions i expect to be a 21-14 point underdog.....i do think 28+ is pushing it a bit but aye who knows its all about how the kids respond if they get down early

Like i said we will have to play a flawless game and Wallace will have to help us out by committing mistakes(costly penalties and turnovers).....im totally ok with some of the score predictions i expect to be a 21-14 point underdog.....i do think 28+ is pushing it a bit but aye who knows its all about how the kids respond if they get down early
of course its not impossible for Clinton to win, but i just think the WRH speed will be too much.

Clinton is gonna surprise a bunch of folks from the sounds of it...or maybe my posts are idiotic too. If the Darkhorses play a complete game, this could be a toss up. Mark it down, I said it.

Reactions: Wizard of the East
of course its not impossible for Clinton to win, but i just think the WRH speed will be too much.

Like a previous poster stated i think its going be what happens upfront on the lines that ultimately determines how this game goes.....Clinton really does not have the size on the offensive line like we are normally accustomed to.... 190,183,205,198,210 the weights of our o linemen.....i know size does not always mean they can or cant block but geesh.....im not a coach and im not claiming to know more than Lewis but i want to go as big as possible on the offensive line atleast..just saying no disrespect intended....

A Clinton supporter told me this today, "All I can say is based on how bad our JV beat them last year, and how bad our varsity beat them last year, if Clinton shows up ready to play, there will be a lot of disappointed people in Duplin co."
By the fence, one thing is clear to me, I've seen more football than you have. In fact I bet I've seen more championship football than you have. Now I'm not going to get on here and make outlandish comments but the facts are Clinton has a very good chance to pull this off Friday night. Whatever the case won't it be fun to come on here at NCPreps and talk about it! See you then!:)

Reactions: Hoarses1
The Horses did lose some key players last year; however, the JV last year did beat wrh jv last year by 30+ points. Clinton still has a lot of talent and can win this game but they have to stay focused and come TOGETHER this week. Pressure is on wrh to not have a let down and to try to revenge last years stomping by the Horses. If it was automatic for wrh then why play the game. Looking for a good game with no injuries. When it is all said and done it is just a GAME that KIDS like to play and we should enjoy watching these talented athletes entertain us this Friday night. Go HORSES!!!!
Good post 88.

Not tryn to sound too anti but that JV game last year has absolutely nothing to do with this game coming up “this year” cause if that was the case we would of beaten East Bladen and Northside-Jax easily....now if the samethings happen that happened in that JV/varsity game then yes....JV game last season Wallace fumbled the ball like 4-5 times and Jahiem Faison played like a man possessed(Sadly looks like Faison is not being allowed to play right now missed last 3 games)......like i said earlier Clinton has to play a flawless game and hope Wallace plays their worst game of the season

Not tryn to sound too anti but that JV game last year has absolutely nothing to do with this game coming up “this year” cause if that was the case we would of beaten East Bladen and Northside-Jax easily....now if the samethings happen that happened in that JV/varsity game then yes....JV game last season Wallace fumbled the ball like 4-5 times and Jahiem Faison played like a man possessed(Sadly looks like Faison is not being allowed to play right now missed last 3 games)......like i said earlier Clinton has to play a flawless game and hope Wallace plays their worst game of the season
34, I don't see it that way. Sure the DarkHorses may be underdogs, but I don't think they have to play a perfect game nor do I think Wallace has to commit errors. I just think it comes down to execution and playing football, and the DarkHorses generally play WRH better at the dog pound!

A Clinton supporter told me this today, "All I can say is based on how bad our JV beat them last year, and how bad our varsity beat them last year, if Clinton shows up ready to play, there will be a lot of disappointed people in Duplin co."
By the fence, one thing is clear to me, I've seen more football than you have. In fact I bet I've seen more championship football than you have. Now I'm not going to get on here and make outlandish comments but the facts are Clinton has a very good chance to pull this off Friday night. Whatever the case won't it be fun to come on here at NCPreps and talk about it! See you then!:)
All of that may be true but I dare to say I have seen more championship football recently than you have.

Congrats on the JV win last year. Many posters besides me will tell you that and $5.50 Will get you a box lunch at Hardees. Defensively WRH has almost everyone back. Is Clinton as good offensively as they were last year? On offense WRH has the best player in the conference. Is Clinton as good defensively as last year? People can say that WRH is not that good and base it off of losing to ED but that would be a mistake. ED is the best team I have seen especially on defense. Difference in that game was that ED controlled the clock and kept WRH off the field. I don't see Clinton being as good offensively as ED.

Again, if I am wrong, I will put on my big boy britches and come on here and say I was wrong. There are bigger tragedies in life. However, I think the next two weeks will show just how good WRH and ED are this year compared to the third best team in the conference.

Like a previous poster stated i think its going be what happens upfront on the lines that ultimately determines how this game goes.....Clinton really does not have the size on the offensive line like we are normally accustomed to.... 190,183,205,198,210 the weights of our o linemen.....i know size does not always mean they can or cant block but geesh.....im not a coach and im not claiming to know more than Lewis but i want to go as big as possible on the offensive line atleast..just saying no disrespect intended....
like i said, i think Clinton will have a hard time containing WRH's speed. that being said, WRH is not that big either, so a smaller Clinton line as you described them might not hurt Clinton at all in this game.

All of that may be true but I dare to say I have seen more championship football recently than you have.

Congrats on the JV win last year. Many posters besides me will tell you that and $5.50 Will get you a box lunch at Hardees. Defensively WRH has almost everyone back. Is Clinton as good offensively as they were last year? On offense WRH has the best player in the conference. Is Clinton as good defensively as last year? People can say that WRH is not that good and base it off of losing to ED but that would be a mistake. ED is the best team I have seen especially on defense. Difference in that game was that ED controlled the clock and kept WRH off the field. I don't see Clinton being as good offensively as ED.

Again, if I am wrong, I will put on my big boy britches and come on here and say I was wrong. There are bigger tragedies in life. However, I think the next two weeks will show just how good WRH and ED are this year compared to the third best team in the conference.
As much as everyone wants to say eduplin dominated wrh, the game was decided by a botched extra point. I give Ed credit, they are a good team and they will represent our conference well, as will wrh, but basically the two teams are tit for tat. Having said that eddeserved the win that night and we'll just chew on it till next year. As for this Friday night, wrh is probably 2-3 tdsbetter IMO. I'm saying 27-14 dogs.

As much as everyone wants to say eduplin dominated wrh, the game was decided by a botched extra point. I give Ed credit, they are a good team and they will represent our conference well, as will wrh, but basically the two teams are tit for tat. Having said that eddeserved the win that night and we'll just chew on it till next year. As for this Friday night, wrh is probably 2-3 tdsbetter IMO. I'm saying 27-14 dogs.
scorewise it was close, but statswise ED did dominate. WRH only had 5 first downs the entire game vs ED's 23. WRH didnt even have 200 yds of total offense. ED had almost 400 yds of total offense. ED missed two very makeable field goals, and also blew a few more chances to score in the red zone. so scoreboard, yes it was close, but if ED hadnt been so wasteful it would not have been close at all. just saying.

Reactions: TD Pass2
scorewise it was close, but statswise ED did dominate. WRH only had 5 first downs the entire game vs ED's 23. WRH didnt even have 200 yds of total offense. ED had almost 400 yds of total offense. ED missed two very makeable field goals, and also blew a few more chances to score in the red zone. so scoreboard, yes it was close, but if ED hadnt been so wasteful it would not have been close at all. just saying.
And all that domination and y'all won by a botched extra point. Y'all deserved victory, on a night when we didn't bring our A game, but you guys probably had a little something to do with that. Not a lot of difference in the two teams. Both have a really good chance in post season.

ED did dominate the stat line and except for the two long TD runs WRH was shut down. However I do not see much difference in the two teams. ED was able to control clock,win field position and their defense played great. The wild card is how the game might have gone had the Benson kid played for ED. WRH and ED are similar on offense except the QB for ED can hurt you with his legs more than the WRH QB.

I just do not see Clinton being able to sustain long drives nor having that explosivness on offense.

And all that domination and y'all won by a botched extra point. Y'all deserved victory, on a night when we didn't bring our A game, but you guys probably had a little something to do with that. Not a lot of difference in the two teams. Both have a really good chance in post season.
i guess we will see it from our own personal perspective, but i will agree with you that both are very good teams, and have a good chance to do well in the post season.

Clinton has to get Smith rolling early if we can it will hopefully open things up for the other backs....get the bulldog d to focus on the fullback then start working the counters/misdirection plays but the line has to hold their blocks down.......cant be too one dimensional tho last year our passing game made the difference....think we will have to step out our comfort zone alil and try and pass on non typical passing downs....if we wait till its 3rd and long thats too easy for the defense they pretty much know whats coming....if they comeout with 10 in the box i think we should pass the ball first play of the game atleast give em that look

Defensively just gotta make plays simple as that..dline needs to get penetration ..no arm tackling none of that mess....and forcing a turnover or two wont hurt....think we should play them like everyone plays us put 10 in the box and dare em to throw the ball

Special teams wise....coverage has been hit or miss but Chandler Perry does such a good job booting the ball into the endzone we have not had to worry about it much lately....last year field position played a huge role part of that came from making plays on special teams....Wallace did some kinda trick return when everyone huddles up and then they break off i guess tryn to confuse the coverage....think it hurt them more then it helped not sure if they still do that

Special teams wise....coverage has been hit or miss but Chandler Perry does such a good job booting the ball into the endzone we have not had to worry about it much lately....last year field position played a huge role part of that came from making plays on special teams....Wallace did some kinda trick return when everyone huddles up and then they break off i guess tryn to confuse the coverage....think it hurt them more then it helped not sure if they still do that
Hadn't seen the"trick" return since you guys and hope we don't see it again. I think the trick was on us!

Has anyone heard if Xavier Murray broke his ankle Friday night?
I'm hearing yes, probably from same source you did. We'll miss him.next man up! We can always put Superman (#3) in that spot, and no doubt he could do it.

Looking forward to the game Friday. Clinton will score more than 14 points on WRH and ED96 do you think Clinton’s slow???? Like someone said there may be some disappointed folks in Dublin County Friday night. Whatever happens the sun is goona come up Saturday morning and we can watch college football!

Looking forward to the game Friday. Clinton will score more than 14 points on WRH and ED96 do you think Clinton’s slow???? Like someone said there may be some disappointed folks in Dublin County Friday night. Whatever happens the sun is goona come up Saturday morning and we can watch college football!
are you implying ill be "disappointed" if WRH doesnt win? i hope not!

ill agree with Wiz haven't rerally struggled defending speed....its power runs up the middle that we have struggled with which is my main concern these next 2 weeks....defending East to West sideline to sideline were ok....we just have this bad tendency of arm tackling/missed tackles that burns me up....if missed tackles were a stat I believe we would be among state leaders especially those first couple of games....it reappeared when we played Goldsboro...just have to finish plays on defense no arm tackling please....#3 #21 will make us pay for it

Not overlooking game Friday, cause Clinton always plays good in the dog pound. I am interested in ED@Clinton for Clinton's senior night.

You Wallace guys see where the late Jack Holley is listed in the top 25 for all time wins in the nation among high school coaches....believe his 412 wins is ranked #15 on the list its a article about it on 910 preps....Douglas Bryds Bob Paroli is mentioned aswell

Wont be able to make the varsity game tomorrow so ill just be listening to @Darkhorse04 and Mr. Davis do play by play on mixlr.....i am here at the JV game checking out the future haven’t been to a JV game this season so deciding to check them out tonight

Well if this first quarter is any indication defense must be a foreign art in JV football nowdays lol.....4:42 left in the 1st 20-16 Wallace JV leading.....no defense whatsoever by both teams or just really good offenses

If #66 for Clinton puts on some weight that kid will be a heck if a DT/NT shoots the gap very well living in the backfield tonight.....we may need to move him up

Halftime JV game Clinton 32 Wallace 20......just alil observation of what the future holds...well we wont ever have to worry about having any shortage of ballcarriers in the coming years #40,#32,#4, and #7 have all ran the ball very well epsecially impressed with #7 Camron Armwood and #32 J’Dawues Wallace......line is ok not alot of size outside of #50 and #63 but they will grow hopefully lol....paying attention to the QB who is a freshman cause both ours on varsity are seniors so he may be asked to run the show next year.....For Wallace #28 Tywan Carrol kid is fast get him on the outside you can cancel Christmas its a TD he has scored all of Wallace’s scores including a KO return.......good half of Football good crowd for a JV game

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT