ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton at Wallace Rose-Hill(Oct 27th)

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
That time once again...Dark Horses vs Bulldogs at the Dogpound....Old rivalry no love lost between these two....Definition of a Dark Horse in sports is a underdog and we are definitely the underdogs in this one but dont let the 5-3 record fool you easily 1-2 plays a couple bad penalties/mistakes from being at worse 7-1.....For Clinton we have played very well at Wallace in recent years so thats a positive after a lackluster start to the season the team has seemed to found themselves alot more energy and focus and after a couple wins some confidence......Keys to the game for us will be 1.Limit turnovers and stupid penalties against a team as good as Wallace you cant afford those kind of mistakes.....2.Passing game we saw last year Williams had his best game throwing the ball he will have to be even better this time around 3. Line play on offense/defense....whoever controls the lines wins simple as that 4.Jalen Smith has to be effective early on get the defense keying on him opens it up for those outside runs with the speed of Mclellan 5.Tackling finishing plays i go back to the Cape Fear and East Bladen games from earlier in the season defense has to finish plays Friday against Wallace as always WRH has a stable of RBs led by Jevonte Williams who if you miss a tackle that could be a touchdown gotta fly around make plays tackle by committee this is where guys like Javiah Cruise,AJ Williamson,Donovan Sloan and Zion Autry have to be big........Not gonna make a prediction obviously Wallace is the better team but don’t expect Clinton to just lie down and die i expect us to fight.....how big would a win be for this young teams confidence going into the postseason season......looking forward to the game Friday always a awesome atmosphere at the Dogpound

Reactions: Hoarses1
Also the health of Kris Williams will be a key factor....games like this you need our best guys on the field at all times....he has been favoring that leg/ankle since the Midway game has not played on defense and has not returned any punts/kickoffs....he has thrown the ball better but we will need his playmaking ability if we are gonna to pull a upset

About what i expect....we will be 21-14 point underdogs in this one but its all warranted......honestly i think we will have to play the perfect game and hope for Wallace to make a ton of mistakes to win

I think the offensive and defensive line play will determine this one (as it pretty much decides all games).

Realistically I think Wallace will take it by at least 2 touchdowns. No disrespect because Clinton has turned things around but Wallace is on another level. Will be very interesting and could be a precursor for the following Clinton/East Duplin showdown, two heavyweights hitting the Horses back to back.

Reactions: 96panther
No disrespect any “realistic” follower of football in this area knows how good Wallace is this year compared to Clinton....fanhood aside we are a longshot winning this game and i have no problem admitting that others probably will......its going to take a flawless effort in all aspects of the game for Clinton to win Wallace is clearly better anyone can see that

Hey 34, ease up Guy, i have nothing but respect for you, you are a no nonsense classy poster on here. I have nothing but respect for Bob Lewis, have followed him for years. I just don't think Clinton ( this year ) will match up to Wallace.

By the averages

Wallace avg 44.8 ppg only allowing 8.50

Clinton avg 30.75 ppg and allowing 14.25

Hey 34, ease up Guy, i have nothing but respect for you, you are a no nonsense classy poster on here. I have nothing but respect for Bob Lewis, have followed him for years. I just don't think Clinton ( this year ) will match up to Wallace.

I just said no disrespect taken we really dont match up well with either WRH or ED

Ummmm......no.

Wallace by 28 plus. Clinton is a little better than average. Have not beaten anyone this year yet note worthy. False sense of security based off last four weeks.

Will not be close.

As much as i hate to say it your right about not beating anyone noteworthy....but i hope its not as bad as 28+....Clinton usual plays well at Wallace i still think we are a long shot im hoping we are atleast within two scores

As much as i hate to say it your right about not beating anyone noteworthy....but i hope its not as bad as 28+....Clinton usual plays well at Wallace i still think we are a long shot im hoping we are atleast within two scores
Clinton will not be able to score enough to keep it close. Wallace just too good defensively. Clinton too one dimensional on offense and simply not athletic enough on defense to stop what Wallace can do. If Goldsboro can put up 350 yards offense....just not seeing a close game.

Clinton always plays there best in the dog pound. Darkhorses keep it close in first half.21-14 at the half. Second half dogs put it away. 42-21

Well that 350 given up against Goldsboro 188 was that outstanding RB Bowden who trash talk aside is a great player on a bad team.....i said myself that game we looked like we were going thru the motions not alot of effort.....but once again ill say we know we are underdogs Wallace clearly a better team than us this year....it will take a perfect effort offensively defensively special teams and coaching to win.....but by no means expect Clinton to just lay down and take it we will fight

To be honest, I was very disappointed in our return defense last night. We allowed some big returns. It could allow a team like Clinton to stay in the game.

No “Horse” in this race, but I think Wallace wins this one. I expect Clinton to put a fight, but I think they’ll fall a little short.

The key to the game in my opinion is how well Clinton can slow down the Bulldog rushing attack.

I know it was early in the season and we (ED) have a good defense, but the Wallace offense did not impress me. They had two break away runs for scores. Other than that, we stuffed them. No real passing threat either from what I’ve seen. Load the box and press the WRs and you may be able to sneak away with a W.

It’s a make or break game for the Darkhorses....and next week, more of the same. I’ll say 21-17 Wallace but I wouldn’t be surprised either way.

Reactions: Wizard of the East
Clinton should do exactly what td pass says to do.See what happens. Ed only allowed WRH 25 offensive plays. 14-0 eight minutes into the game. Ed has the personnel for that game plan. More to come in playoffs for ed.

WRH 35 Clinton 14. however, if Clinton was to get the upset i wouldnt be totally shocked. Clinton is a good team and is capable of beating most anybody if the ball bounces their way. i do however think Clinton will have a very hard time containing the WRH backfield which is very fast.

Off subject just watched Ryheem Skinner take one 90 yards to the house for Allan Hancock College think he has about 125 at halftime......kid gonna find his way to a big time college campus soon

Look there isn't going to be any 28 point win by anyone in this game. It will go to the wire. I believe the Horses beat the state championfairly Bulldogs last year, fairly convincingly as I recall. Sure we lost some folks off that team. So did Wallace. I've seen WRH play in person this season and they have a good team, but so do the Horses. Folks are looking at those first 3 competitive losses against 3 pretty good teams. Nobody better write them off. On another level? I think not.:)

Off subject just watched Ryheem Skinner take one 90 yards to the house for Allan Hancock College think he has about 125 at halftime......kid gonna find his way to a big time college campus soon
34, I just saw it as well. Longest run (90 yards) in the history of that schoo l think he's earning himself a look by some larger schools. He's doing very well out there!

ATT YDS AVG LG TD
Ryheem Skinner 14 145 10.4 90 2

Last edited:
Look there isn't going to be any 28 point win by anyone in this game. It will go to the wire. I believe the Horses beat the state championfairly Bulldogs last year, fairly convincingly as I recall. Sure we lost some folks off that team. So did Wallace. I've seen WRH play in person this season and they have a good team, but so do the Horses. Folks are looking at those first 3 competitive losses against 3 pretty good teams. Nobody better write them off. On another level? I think not.:)
I have seen both teams on more than one occasion. Huge difference in talent. Just the way it is. The Bulldogs are just better in all three phases. Sometimes you will play teams that are just better. Clinton is just better than Midway and Spring Creek. Wallace is just better than Clinton. It's ok...it happens. Ain't gonna be close.

Im going with WRH 31 Clinton 17. Ive noticed that Clinton this year has had issues with teams that have a strong running game, but if you can stop their rushing attack or at least make it hard for them to run then you can have a chance.

LOLOLOL! We'll see. we'll see. As I recall that was some of the talk last year. Same thing. Not much difference. Both high school football teams.

34,'i remember that game well. Y'all whipped us something like 28-7 that night. We got revenge 4 or 5 weeks later in the 3 Rd round at Clinton, 10-0. One of the hardest hitting games I've ever seen at the high school level. We went on to capture the title over Lincolnton 35-24. Fond memories
My memory of that game in 1994, the star DarkHorse running back Juan Williams (1800 yards) broke his foot at the end of the game the week before. Obviously, he was the DarkHorse offense.

You know DH34, I think we need Clause healthy more so for defensive reasons. He will help a lot. A good run supporter and we know his talents in pass coverage. Hasn’t played much D last few weeks, probably to keep less wear and tear off that ankle, and noticed he hasn’t ran the option at all.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
But at the sametime we are not Midway we are not James Kenan....Wallace is going to have to put forth a effort....Clinton not just going lay down cause Wallace is a better team

Reactions: Hoarses1
But at the sametime we are not Midway we are not James Kenan....Wallace is going to have to put forth a effort....Clinton not just going lay down cause Wallace is a better team
Sometimes it doesn't matter if you lie down or stand up, you just gotta take a whoppin.

I expect Clinton to give a good effort but I just don't think it will matter. Wallace Rose Hill will be the best team they have played thus far. East Bladen struggled in games with Fairmont and St Paul's. WRH played the same Northside team that beat Clinton and won 30-0. How many teams has Clinton defeated this season with a winning record? Not a single one. You can talk about "we lost to three good teams" all you want but fact is, you lost. Havelock or Jacksonville would beat (and in the case of Northside already have) any of those three teams Clinton has lost to.

You simply are challenged offensively (Skinner ain't playing this year) and won't score enough to keep it close.

Dogs by at least 28.

Sometimes it doesn't matter if you lie down or stand up, you just gotta take a whoppin.

I expect Clinton to give a good effort but I just don't think it will matter. Wallace Rose Hill will be the best team they have played thus far. East Bladen struggled in games with Fairmont and St Paul's. WRH played the same Northside team that beat Clinton and won 30-0. How many teams has Clinton defeated this season with a winning record? Not a single one. You can talk about "we lost to three good teams" all you want but fact is, you lost. Havelock or Jacksonville would beat (and in the case of Northside already have) any of those three teams Clinton has lost to.

You simply are challenged offensively (Skinner ain't playing this year) and won't score enough to keep it close.

Dogs by at least 28.

Well thought out post, I guess time will tell, but it will be a tough game for Clinton no doubt.

I'm not bashing Clinton. People give predictions all the time and do so without anything to back them up. Posters from every school on the site do it every week and it's comical.

I'm not basing my pick and spread off of my heart. As mentioned earlier, I am just a follower of Duplin County teams and try and find most competitive game to attend. I don't consider myself a wizard but I do understand Xs and Os and more importantly Jimmy and Joe's.

Yes Clinton beat WRH handily last year. No disputing that. No one in their right mind could dispute that Clinton's losses to graduation were more severe than what WRH lost. This season's results bear that out. It is what it is this season. Clinton lost to two decent teams (CF/EB) and an average Northside team. The games they won are all wins....every single one...againist teams that would be homecoming opponents for the better teams in the area. Give me one win you have that you should thump your chest over. It ain't there. The schedule they have played is like a smore..a cracker at top (CF,EB,NS),cracker on bottom (WRH/ED), and a bunch of marshmallows in the middle.

If I am proven wrong I will come back and say I was wrong but I just ain't seeing it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT