ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

fb9df5a4ad852aae4fdf43f4a0bdc84c.gif
If never fails with those Napoleon complex having idiots. It’s amazing really

• Haha
Reactions: Chopper747
Let me get this right. You bring up Coach Stewart and what a great job he did helping establish Crest football to another level. Then we talk about the 94 and 96 super teams Crest had. That reminds of that great Shelby win in 95.
Freezing Jim Carrey GIF
And then these two get together.

Those were the years Crest and Shelby would have a crazy game and it ended 14-7. Now they get together and a crazy game means 48-45. Different times.
High scoring games like that are for the fans and it's a big play show but there is something about those old school 14-7 or 10-7 games that I miss at times. Defenses were just ruthless and didn't give up anything. Sometimes all the scoring was nothing but special teams or a hell of a soccer kicker. Different times for sure. I don't watch the NBA but I remember being a kid and it was a big deal if a team scored over 100. Now it is expected.

Reactions: crestrulz
High scoring games like that are for the fans and it's a big play show but there is something about those old school 14-7 or 10-7 games that I miss at times. Defenses were just ruthless and didn't give up anything. Sometimes all the scoring was nothing but special teams or a hell of a soccer kicker. Different times for sure. I don't watch the NBA but I remember being a kid and it was a big deal if a team scored over 100. Now it is expected.
High school football has evolved drastically since the 90's, and sports in general. There are more athletes all over the field. The offenses have become more complex and harder to stop. The rules dictate more scoring too. I'm not saying there weren't athletes in the 90's, so don't go crazy on me. But that's why more points are being scored. The games last longer because of the increase in passing. So there are more opportunities to score.

Reactions: BurnsBullDog02
Very true. Amazes me that all this growth and specialization and Crest can't find a kicker.

When we all played defense it was way better. God bless America at some of the ruthless defense we all used to see

I remember Football Friday Night opening up and that option play Shelby ran on us was always in it. I can’t even remember who it was but the QB for Shelby pitched the ball out of fear and the RB got decimated about the time it hit his hands.

I also remember us having a defense that was supposed to be incredible. I think 97. Gaffney came in and dropped bombs all over it.

Last year was fun to watch but I found myself wondering where the Crest linebackers and D line went.

When we all played defense it was way better. God bless America at some of the ruthless defense we all used to see

I remember Football Friday Night opening up and that option play Shelby ran on us was always in it. I can’t even remember who it was but the QB for Shelby pitched the ball out of fear and the RB got decimated about the time it hit his hands.

I also remember us having a defense that was supposed to be incredible. I think 97. Gaffney came in and dropped bombs all over it.

Last year was fun to watch but I found myself wondering where the Crest linebackers and D line went.
That was the hardest hit I ever saw. I believe the running back's name was Andre Lawrence.

Reactions: crestrulz
SL there is a line in this podcast for you
You will get it
I heard it ha ha ha ha.....Gonna miss those steps and those WINDERS! ha ha

Listened to entire podcast and its a great idea, and two good dudes running it and I think it will be a great addition to the CC Sports scene.... Excited for it... Just holler when Its my time to visit and down the overall IQ by 100 or so points... IM THERE

Reactions: BIGSAUSAGES

That was Devin scott at Qb for Shelby and pitch was to Andre lawrence.

Congratulations to KM’s Teddy Jeffries on signing with Livingston College Football to continue his athletic and academic future on the next level.
Also congratulations to KM sophomore linebacker Lathan Feemster 6’2 205 on receiving the first of what should be many offers to play college football before he is done. Feemster is the 3rd KM linebacker in this upcoming group to have an offer to play football at the next level.
Congrats to KM linebackers Antonio Armstrong 6’3 220, Eli Lipscomb 6’2 225, and Shelby linebacker Nick Norris 5’11 200lbs on great showings over the weekend at the NC Coaches Combine held at AC Reynolds. Way to represent!

# GDTBAM

Last edited:
Congratulations to KM’s Teddy Jeffries on signing with Livingston College Football to continue his athletic and academic future on the next level.
Also congratulations to KM sophomore linebacker Lathan Feemster 6’2 205 on receiving the first of what should be many offers to play college football before he is done. Feemster is the 3rd KM linebacker to have an offer to play football at the next level.
Congrats to KM linebackers Antonio Armstrong 6’3 220, Eli Lipscomb 6’2 225, and Shelby linebacker Nick Norris 5’11 200lbs on great showings over the weekend at the NC Coaches Combine held at AC Reynolds. Way to represent!

# GDTBAM
What's the total for this past seasons seniors going to the next level at KM? I was thinking 12-14.

What's the total for this past seasons seniors going to the next level at KM? I was thinking 12-14.
I believe it’s 15 right now that signed to next level to play football the last two years. You have a couple of current seniors who haven’t decided yet whether they want to play ball at the next level or go just be students.

Reactions: Freshmanposter01
How do y’all have room in the schedule to play Gaffney, Catholic, Shelby, Burns, and still have a bye week and play all the conference games.

• Haha
Reactions: Crestuff
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT