ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County Picks Wk 7

Lion Attack

Aug 15, 2010
Burns vs East Rutherford: Bulldogs bounce back with a close win over the visiting Cavs. 28-25

Crest vs Chase: Starters out early in preparation of the game versus KM next week. Chargers 42-14

Shelby vs East Burke: 38-14 Lions over an improved East Burke.

KM vs Draughn: same scenario as Crest, starters pulled quick in preparation for their showdown w/ Crest.
Mountaineers 45-13

Burns vs East Rutherford - East wins easily 35-12. After giving up 43 points to East Burke, the 7 remaining healthy Bulldog players quit to focus on basketball. Only plays left in playbook are QB left, QB right, QB overthrows slow JV receiver and punt.

Shelby vs East Burke - More rain coming - Lee throws for 38 yds but Lions win 47-42. Shelby has 3 INT returns for TD, 2 KO returns for TD and a Truck Sims one handed diving catch in back corner of the end zone.

Crest vs Chase - Bless their hearts(Chase). Crest starters put 45 on scoreboard in first half and enjoy a 2nd half Fiesta while backups impress their Moms and Dads. Oh, 52-7 Crest

Kings Mtn vs Draughn - Greg Lloyd is pissed about Shelby loss and Draughn will pay. Mounties win 33-13.

Lol Ima and that would make for one tired QB. Shelby - 40 the #2 Show 24; Crest 46 Chase 6; KM 30 draughn 6 ; Burns 20 east 13.

Last edited:
Lol Ima and that would make for one tired QB. Shelby - 40 the #2 Show 24; Crest 46 Chase 6; KM 30 draughn 6 ; Burns 20 east 13.

you laugh, but Crest use to run Reggie Wilkins the exact same way. Sometimes the RB would take the helm. Thank God Red Roy left and Barnes turned us into the team we should have been. I wasn't around during the Sid Bryson years. I'm sure he was a great coach but my generation would want to rename the ranch the Mark Barnes Stadium

I remember that . Our qb has ran and ran a lot . Most of these are not designed plays however, just run for your life . Big red did run him a lot but just let Robinson and a few others sit back in the pocket and pick teams apart . Guess he just played to each Players strength . Yea Barnes was likeable ....heard Roy was not

People and especially crest fans should have nothing but respect for Roy Kirby. Good grief look at his accomplishments at crest. 123-51, 7 conference titles and 2 state titles. That is a killer resume. I have known Roy for years. He is a good guy and was passionate about the game and about winning. I may get flamed for this but i tell you what i would take him on Burns sideline over who we have now in a minute.

People and especially crest fans should have nothing but respect for Roy Kirby. Good grief look at his accomplishments at crest. 123-51, 7 conference titles and 2 state titles. That is a killer resume. I have known Roy for years. He is a good guy and was passionate about the game and about winning. I may get flamed for this but i tell you what i would take him on Burns sideline over who we have now in a minute.

yeah that time we got off the bus was awesome!

I bet you would take one in the poop shoot too. Flame delivered to the flamer. You really think with the injuries we have and depth issues that we would be better than 3-2. That is just dumb!! Greene would be 3-2 and he was a great coach. Beam would be 3-2 as well so please spare me on that as well. As stated on the other thread he has more talent at Newton and struggled against the Q. I watched Mondays game online when the damn signal actually works and it was clear that Burns has big issues as far as health and depth. You cannot coach that.

Look bombdropper i could care less what you think. I got a right to my opinion and if you dont like it thats your problem. I promise you i am not alone. Other bulldog fans have already begun to have some coaching concerns. But you feel free to keep those 3rd grade cutdowns coming. That says a lot about your maturity and what you know.

On a lighter note

Burns 14 East 10
Shelby 42 E Burke 21
Crest 42 Chase 7
Kings Mountain 35 Draughn 10

Look bombdropper i could care less what you think. I got a right to my opinion and if you dont like it thats your problem. I promise you i am not alone. Other bulldog fans have already begun to have some coaching concerns. But you feel free to keep those 3rd grade cutdowns coming. That says a lot about your maturity and what you know.
I will not flame you MG. Everyone has their own opinion and that is what message boards are for. Without all these injuries we could be a really competitive football team. Teams like Shelby can have serious injuries and have enough athletes to just keep right on winning. We could catch a break of sorts if it rains out Friday and we play Monday. KJ Hopper and Burris could be back Monday. Our two best defensive players, Leslie and Allen, I'm not sure of their return date. We have 3 winnable games left and I am confident these coaches and players will get it done. Senseney for coach of the year if we finish 6-4.

So...your picks are.....

Lee gets back on track in a big way - Shelby 63, East Burke 12.

Chase is a tough team, due for a big win. Chase 14, Crest 3.

Draughn is better than expected, too, but KM will be too much. KM 35 - Draughn 27

I think Burns can beat East Rutherford, but it won't be pretty. Burns 14-ER 13.

Shelby 49 East Burke 14 (No way the EB one man show comes even close)
Crest 49 Chase 7 ( Crest ends this one in the first half and calls off the dogs in the 2nd)
KM 42 Draughn 21 (May be closer in the first half, but KM bounces back for a big win)
East Rutherford 28 Burns 14 (Really hoping I am wrong but I make picks with my head and not my heart).

Last edited:
Lee gets back on track in a big way - Shelby 63, East Burke 12.

Chase is a tough team, due for a big win. Chase 14, Crest 3.

Draughn is better than expected, too, but KM will be too much. KM 35 - Draughn 27

I think Burns can beat East Rutherford, but it won't be pretty. Burns 14-ER 13.
Yea whiteMilesdavis chase is due for a big win .

All CC teams win this week except for Burns. No disrespect to anybody I just feel ER will win this one somehow. ER 28 Burns 21.

Look MGSOUTHWESTFLAMER2001REASONSTOBEDUMB,
I do not care if you like my maturity level. I was simply making fun of you on my bad ass keyboard. I am one tough sumbitch behind it too. I will power bomb a mouse in a minute and glare at the screen like no other. That's right sweet cheeks. I am a mad man. Internet tough guy! That's me DBD! You on the other hand are like all of the fans I sit around at the bottom left side of the upper right section. You have all this to say but do not offer a solution. Please tell us what you would do. Of course I will laugh and call you an idiot but hell at least try.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT