ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland Co Jamboree

Yea i meant 2a , yes this teams loaded, just gotta jell, and work together.

Yes. Surratt has a lot of weapons. The defense looked good. Penalties hurt them. Another great season for Shelby.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
well I have been away a bit, here are my thoughts on the jamboree

Burns: Offense looked a bit sluggish for the scrimmage, looked a little slow overall and bit out of synch! The defense especially that monster at nose or tackle was very disruptive, they were flying all over the place... Burns crowd should be very excited about the years to come, coach Devine has brought back some excitement, and their staff are great to work with! I really paid attention to the offensive line, great combo work, the right guard and center were really beating the snot out of the nose from Polk, I mean driving him back 10-12 yards on some plays..... That freshman is going to be a handful for burns.... overall looked pretty good for a nice scrimmage

Shelby: Again defense flying all over the place, should have a very good defense this season. The offense save one possession was out of sorts..We were spoiled last season because we had an amazing offensive line.. We have some new faces there this season and it will take some time to gel, but they will get better as the season goes forth.. Brooks looked good running the ball quick as lighting... Surratt I thought showed some signs of brilliance.... couple passes he threw were just dead on with some heat, at other times I thought he held it just a split second too long. Also on the quick hitters to the outside, just needs to square up and get the tater out there came up short a time or two.... Maybe a little nerves for his first real varsity experience, but you can tell the kid has a arm...Once he settles down he is going to have a great season, I like his mobility back there as well.... Going to be special before its over....

Kings Mountain:

I told a friend they were smaller than normal, but overall seemed much more athletic than they usually are across the board as well.... Qb had a couple shaky possessions but that two headed backfield they showed with McClain and #22 were both just beast out there.... Quick all over the place I thought.... That Forsyth team that came down had some dang athletes, I thought too.... Kings Mountain if healthy is going to cause a bunch of folks headaches this season... I mean they will be a handful..... Athletic bunch that should go a long way toward another big playoff run....

Crest:

Lets get this out of the way before I say another word, AC Reynolds is going to be a handful for any team this year.... Crest ran that opening kickoff back and AC got the ball, and ran it right at the teeth of the charger defense... AC has a monsterous line, bunch of returners and it showed. Crest is extremely fast on the defensive side of the ball, but AC moved it a bit on them up the middle.... Some new faces for the chargers, but lets not think they are "DONE" just yet...Far from it, showed some flashes of brilliance on both sides of the ball..... Peeler on that TD run showed he is a shake and bake style of runner, very quick... the receivers are going to be a handful this year for other teams as well.... Offensive and defensive line needs some work but same could be said for all four Cleveland county teams, after all its a scrimmage, and we are seeing what we got...

Ill say it now, Cleveland County has a chance to have some special teams this year, if everything falls into place..... Lot of excited fans, and we are lucky to have these four teams in our county... Should be a great year for all of us.... May all take a lump or two throughout the season but I guarantee you this, by the playoffs, gonna be some dangerous teams coming out of this conference

All in all good scrimmage, just showed we all need a bit of work, but all at times showed some signs of great things to come...

Reactions: crestcharger02
Nice post SL.You must have had a notepad to remember all of that. One tidbit that surprised me was how bad NF was last year. I believe they were like 1 and 10. They looked like they have improved for this season.

CC teams looked like they should at a Jamboree. flashes of brilliance but definitely need discipline and some work. I am excited for the Burns future, hopefully fans will be patient cause it wont be an overnight fix. I am extremely happy with our numbers and work in the weight room. all 4 teams should make playoff runs this year.

Definitely worried about the offense a little, but defensively we did what we were supposed to do against Polk. I know our offense looked a lot better against Hickory on Wednesday. One of the coaches told me that for some reason the kids just weren't "up" to play Friday. I'm sure Devine stresses that all week and we will be prepared to take on one of the top home school teams in the country Friday!!!:D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT