ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland Co Jamboree

Reynoldsrocks2

Sep 18, 2015
Anyone know the Cleveland Co jamboree schedule yet or where it's being held? I haven't heard much about it.

Do we know who is at 6, who is at 7 and so forth? Just curious I can't find a schedule with matchups and times anywhere.

Waste of time if you ask me, And money. If Crest and Shelby hold there tradition, you might see one starter play half a quarter. They never go all in. I don't blame them either. But still, not worth the effort to go see it.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
At Crest, the schedule is as follows:
Burns vs Polk County 6pm
Shelby vs Forestview 7pm
KM vs Ashville 8pm
Crest vs AC Reynolds 9m

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
It's my understanding it's at Gardner-Webb but perhaps Crest changed their mind.

Not heard anything about it being at GWU. I would be surprised because I don't think Crest would want to loose the concession money. Seems like that has been a big deal when it has been at GWU, they get concession money.

Not heard anything about it being at GWU. I would be surprised because I don't think Crest would want to loose the concession money. Seems like that has been a big deal when it has been at GWU, they get concession money.

Dont think Crest gets much off of concession anyway heard it's kinda contracted out!

Dont think Crest gets much off of concession anyway heard it's kinda contracted out!

I believe there is a group that works the concession stands for a percentage of the amount they sale to raise money for their organization. It benefits them and Crest both, the more product they can move.

The question is does any of the 8 teams claim to play their starters when this is all over? :D:D:D

Just maybe we didn't want to take a chance on getting some of our very best players hurt.....how'd that work out??? 16-0 16-0=32-0......it's just a glorified practice.

Reactions: Crestuff
not worth arguing about but do u sit ur starters out in unglorified practices? just wondering

Okay I was just playing around and not just pointing at Crest. I don't blame coaches for protecting their best players. It just seems no matter who loses a scrimmage it's always our starters played one series, or you scored against our second team. Again not saying Crest says that, a lot of teams say that!

Seemed like when Crest and Shelby played in the border showcase, they always played their starters or at least most of them. No that it mattered because Byrnes and gaffney always dominated...except that one time Crest beat gaffney.

Seemed like when Crest and Shelby played in the border showcase, they always played their starters or at least most of them. No that it mattered because Byrnes and gaffney always dominated...except that one time Crest beat gaffney.
Yea Crest is so skeered of Gaffney....look at all the $ this series would make and it is always Crest that wont do it. Gaffney has always been ready and would gladly schedule. Gaffney was practically begging anybody to play them while Crest, only 15 minutes away, stood silent and could not wait to take the field against TC Robertson. Gaffney pounds the 2014 team by 3 scores .

Reactions: Chopper747
Lawndale.. From some of your other post. I questioned your intelligence. After that last one. I no longer question. Your an idiot.

Reactions: GFlawndale
not worth arguing about but do u sit ur starters out in unglorified practices? just wondering

No, but game situation contact like the jamboree and practice contact are different for the most part. I hope you know enough about football to realize that or you could be one of those fans that just can't understand why every practice Mon -Thurs isn't wide open full contact. I can understand why a coach would hold his very best players out of a meaningless jamboree/scrimmage, especially after losing a top player to injury in that particular game in previous yrs. I don't know if it's right, wrong or indifferent, but once again you can't argue with 16-0 16-0 32-0. I could see it effecting team chemistry in the first game of the season, but I could see a season ending injury to a top player having more of an impact.

I know a few years back I wish ACR had held out AJ in a meaningless scrimmage against Brevard, probably cost us a lot more then we realized that year.

Like I said, I don't blame Shelby and Crest for holding back. I remember that year Crest lost roseboro? Was that his his name? I think Crest went to state that year, but lost? I don't know, could be wrong. Anyway. If I was the coach I wouldn't risk it. And as a fan. Especially a ACR/Asheville fan, unless your a parent! I wouldn't go to the CC jamboree, especially if ACR/Asheville expect face the true talent of Shelby or Crest. I can't speak for KM or Burns, because I honestly don't know if they showed they're true colors or not. Maybe a more informed fan can tell you?

Like I said, I don't blame Shelby and Crest for holding back. I remember that year Crest lost roseboro? Was that his his name? I think Crest went to state that year, but lost? I don't know, could be wrong. Anyway. If I was the coach I wouldn't risk it. And as a fan. Especially a ACR/Asheville fan, unless your a parent! I wouldn't go to the CC jamboree, especially if ACR/Asheville expect face the true talent of Shelby or Crest. I can't speak for KM or Burns, because I honestly don't know if they showed they're true colors or not. Maybe a more informed fan can tell you?
Shelby always play their starters in the Cleveland County Jamboree, we don't hold back, only Crest holds back in the county, when it comes to the jamboree, and they just started doing this two seasons ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: GFlawndale
Lawndale.. From some of your other post. I questioned your intelligence. After that last one. I no longer question. Your an idiot.
An idiot that speaks the truth. Hey chargerbacker- tell Coach Clark that Trump did not build a wall between Gaffney and Boiling Springs although the Crest faithful wish he would. Crest High #1 in the state #2 within a 15 mile radius.

An idiot that speaks the truth. Hey chargerbacker- tell Coach Clark that Trump did not build a wall between Gaffney and Boiling Springs although the Crest faithful wish he would. Crest High #1 in the state #2 within a 15 mile radius.

Not a Crest defender by any means, but Crest would have easily beat Gaffney the last two years. Gaffney by their standards has been very average or below as of late.

GFlawndale, if I were you I would be happy with the Bulldogs just making the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT