ADVERTISEMENT

Cherokee drills Murphy!!

Mont1963

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2013
The Braves and Lady Braves continue their perfect season as they both more than doubled the score on the pups.
(And didn't hear first and 10 bulldogs one single time............) in fact was a very docile pack of puppies. lol

This sets up a HUGE game against Robbinsville on Friday night at the ARENA!!

GO BRAVES GO !!!!!!

The proper word here should be ANNIHILATES.

Yes, the Brraves ANNIHILATED Murphy.

Agreed! And how is this possible? With their athletes and size of school, they should compete every year!

Murphy is not a big school!!
laugh.r191677.gif

BlackCat93 posted on 1/7/2015...
Murphy is not a big school!!

RITFLMAO !!!!!!!

First off Mont, Murphy is terrible. So I'm not sure why you're beating your chest like it's something for anyone to take notice of.

Second, if you want to know how the Murphy boys can be so awful for three years running, I'll let you figure it out, it's not hard. Almost none of Murphy's best athletes even bother with basketball or baseball anymore and there's a couple of reasons for that, it starts at the top.

With the girls team it's a different story, they really shouldn't be this bad. They aren't competing with football for athletes and they don't have a coach that nobody wants to play for. Based on the lack of success in the other girls sports I'm willing to accept the fact that the talent level just simply isn't there on the girls side right now.

Anyway this was already discussed in detail in your "Cherokee clobbers Swain County" thread

This post was edited on 1/8 6:15 AM by mbdfan

why Murphy is awful right now discussion

Allow Mont a little chest thumping. This is the one time of the year he gets too lol. Seriously though the braves have two very good basketball teams. The playoffs should be fun when schools from out of the area have to come to town. I think both braves and lady braves will be in the hunt for an appearance in the regional's.

Sorry MBD but when a school the size of Cherokee lays a whooping on a school the size of Murphy, who has the athletes in there halls that they have. It is something to be proud of. The Cherokee faithful should not be prevented from laying it on a much bigger rival just because for whatever reason they are bad. This is what makes forums fun for the little guys. If a big school beats a small school, it is just because they are bigger and should beat them. When the little guy wins, he is gonna lay it on you, and to be honest I think he should. When athletes decide to specialize or not play certain sports because they don't want to, it does not prevent us little guys from really enjoying the beating.

Ok gal, be quiet. You have had your one time of the year to crow, now it's my time!!!!

Don't have a problem with pups being down, just no reason they should be THAT BAD!!!!
That's my story and I'm stickin to it !!!!!!

Originally posted by mbdfan:
First off Mont, Murphy is terrible. So I'm not sure why you're beating your chest like it's something for anyone to take notice of.

Second, if you want to know how the Murphy boys can be so awful for three years running, I'll let you figure it out, it's not hard. Almost none of Murphy's best athletes even bother with basketball or baseball anymore and there's a couple of reasons for that, it starts at the top.

With the girls team it's a different story, they really shouldn't be this bad. They aren't competing with football for athletes and they don't have a coach that nobody wants to play for. Based on the lack of success in the other girls sports I'm willing to accept the fact that the talent level just simply isn't there on the girls side right now.

Anyway this was already discussed in detail in your "Cherokee clobbers Swain County" thread

mbd... I think Mont was more or less surprised at how BAD Cherokee beat Murphy! And Mont is right. As I have posted on here before, there is absolutely NO excuse that Murphy or Swain should compete as badly as they do in basketball. The "our best athletes play football" excuse doesn't hold any water. I remember not so long ago when Murphy was competitive in both football and basketball. I believe the great Carl Pickens played both sports quite well! Anyways, I'm not sure what the problem is over there in Murphy but I sincerely hope to see the Bulldogs get back up to par with the rest of the SMC and reach their full potential, or at least become more competitive sometime in the near future.

Originally posted by Fourth'n'Inches:

Originally posted by mbdfan:

mbd... I think Mont was more or less surprised at how BAD Cherokee beat Murphy! And Mont is right. As I have posted on here before, there is absolutely NO excuse that Murphy or Swain should compete as badly as they do in basketball. The "our best athletes play football" excuse doesn't hold any water. I remember not so long ago when Murphy was competitive in both football and basketball. I believe the great Carl Pickens played both sports quite well! Anyways, I'm not sure what the problem is over there in Murphy but I sincerely hope to see the Bulldogs get back up to par with the rest of the SMC and reach their full potential, or at least become more competitive sometime in the near future.
hasn't been too long since we won 4 SMC titles or tournaments in a row , and loosing at Regionals to the State Champions ,and I know its hard to believe but our football athletes for the most part have never played basketball ,and its alittle different running with a football than dribbling and shooting a basketball.

Originally posted by Mont1963:
Ok gal, be quiet. You have had your one time of the year to crow, now it's my time!!!!
I was just hacking on ya Mont. You should be crowing. Both braves teams are good teams and on a nice run and the entire community is very excited right now.

Originally posted by dogtuff:

hasn't been too long since we won 4 SMC titles or tournaments in a row , and loosing at Regionals to the State Champions ,and I know its hard to believe but our football athletes for the most part have never played basketball ,and its alittle different running with a football than dribbling and shooting a basketball.
Oh come on now dogtuff... Hayesville, Robbinsville, etc. don't seem to have a problem getting their players to play both football and basketball. And, a lot of those football players are big time contributors to the basketball program. Not a valid excuse, please try again!

There's bad and then there's what Murphy is this year...it was 36-3 at the half against the Jackets tonight. Not sure how that even happens.

You're right. After seeing what Hayesville did to Murphy, it was no great feat to DRILL them!

Murphy self destructs themselves!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT