ADVERTISEMENT

Chatham Central at Albemarle

Bulldogs pick up their second win this season against CC.

Alby should win here but CC won't be no pushover.

Coach Howze is slowly turning them around one year at a time. They got 40 kids out this year that's great for them. Got a win already; should get maybe 1 or 2 more vs. South Davidson and North Moore perhaps at the end of the year. They play much harder than they used to.

Alby's on the up though so I expect a comfertable win; alas not a big one.

This game is winnable but also loseable...If our offense don't get their shit together, we may not win another game...lol

Albemarle should win this game but I do wonder who will be doing the scoring for the Bulldogs. When you have only scored 20 points total against teams like Thomasville, West Stanly, Eastern Randolph, and Union Pines, you still have some work to do. I think the score will be more like 20-13 Albemarle.

Think our defense holds up. I don't see CC having the weapons that UP had. I am think Alb 14-6 could worse but our O needs to step up. If our O steps up we could grab some wins. Each week at this point is about getting better. I would say big focus this week is to drop our penalties down we do that we will be fine I think.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Think our defense holds up. I don't see CC having the weapons that UP had. I am think Alb 14-6 could worse but our O needs to step up. If our O steps up we could grab some wins. Each week at this point is about getting better. I would say big focus this week is to drop our penalties down we do that we will be fine I think.
I agree bulldog nation. This is the perfect game to work on those problems. We need to start out conference Play not giving up the ball and working on lesser penalties

I agree bulldog nation. This is the perfect game to work on those problems. We need to start out conference Play not giving up the ball and working on lesser penalties
The way I see it this is a new season everyone is 0-0. If they get the offense even somewhat moving I think our D at that point will get even better. Our offense doesn't have to be great but they have to be productive.

Early odds in Vegas have Albemarle plus 6. This game could go the other way pretty big if Albemarle doesn't have some sustained drives. Their defense can't be expected to stay on the field as much as they have in weeks past.

Albemarle loses this one and I'll tell you why...

I've said in an early post that CC and South Stanly is a least 2 Td's ahead of Albemarle. Does Albemarle have a stout defense yes, but they stay on the field way too long. There is offense, but too many mistakes. The system that Davis is trying to install is going to take some time but, 3 TO's last week is inexcusable, they need to get the butterflies outta their stomachs and get to business...

As far as the QB goes, no answer...it's clear that all of our athletes are on the defensive side of the ball, maybe someone needs to run both ways like Quan did at West Stanly...just my thoughts on that.

Anyway. Albemarle 9 CC 25

Reactions: Sleehrat84
If nothing changes with the head coach, I think Albemarle is 2 years away from being in the mix.......

The way I see it this is a new season everyone is 0-0. If they get the offense even somewhat moving I think our D at that point will get even better. Our offense doesn't have to be great but they have to be productive.

One thing I would like to commend our coaching
If nothing changes with the head coach, I think Albemarle is 2 years away from being in the mix.......

I think next year they will be in the mix two years to be really good.

The biggest challenge that Albemarle has is to keep the talent within the program and not have the talent transfer out of the school or elect not to play football and instead concentrate on other sports.

That's not going to be the problem going forward. Stability has set atone in Albemarle. The last 6 years have been damaging. Most of the problem was leadership. When I was in school, none of those students would be allowed to attend...point blank period, and for the ones with the attitudes...well Jack would've ran that into the ground doing ladders all day or you won't wear the uniform. Respect was at an all time low, you could tell on how some would throw their helmet on the ground or walk to the line...etc. Sorry not sorry but good riddance to that group... and I hope life catches up with them ;)

That's not going to be the problem going forward. Stability has set atone in Albemarle. The last 6 years have been damaging. Most of the problem was leadership. When I was in school, none of those students would be allowed to attend...point blank period, and for the ones with the attitudes...well Jack would've ran that into the ground doing ladders all day or you won't wear the uniform. Respect was at an all time low, you could tell on how some would throw their helmet on the ground or walk to the line...etc. Sorry not sorry but good riddance to that group... and I hope life catches up with them ;)

Hope you are right about the going forward part. Keeping a coach for longer than one season and allowing a coach to concentrate on x's and o's and not on being a politician will be needed.

I think our real demise started 2 yrs ago when the school board hired Scott Smith who only had 1 yr till retirement....They knew that and hired him anyway...He was a piece of shot as a coach...That was the yr some of our students transferred....He was the worst coach Albemarle ever had........

I think our real demise started 2 yrs ago when the school board hired Scott Smith who only had 1 yr till retirement....They knew that and hired him anyway...He was a piece of shot as a coach...That was the yr some of our students transferred....He was the worst coach Albemarle ever had........

Albemarle has had more than one bad coach but you might be right about Scott Smith. He was just going through the motions until he made his retirement and he really hurt the program.

Double wing my arse....lmao! Talk about not given an F...sheesh. I love my Albemarle Bulldogs...but getting my kids outta Stanly County school system was the best move I've made in sometime...

Albemarle has had more than one bad coach but you might be right about Scott Smith. He was just going through the motions until he made his retirement and he really hurt the program.

Bill Rodgers, Roger Bost, and a few more can be thrown in. Rodgers team in 1978 would have probably did ok playing 2A football but in the SPC 3A it was not going to happen. That was the first year after leaving the WNCHSAA.

At 1-3 I’d want everyone else to be 0-0 as well. Face it Albemarle doesn’t have the talent anymore. I’ve read this board for a long time I’ve never seen a more delusional bunch. Even thought west stanly lost nearly everything they could’ve named their score against Albemarle.

At 0-3 I’d want everyone else to be 0-0 as well. Face it Albemarle doesn’t have the talent anymore. I’ve read this board for a long time I’ve never seen a more delusional bunch. Even thought west stanly lost nearly everything they could’ve named their score against Albemarle.

1-3 and obviously you weren't at the West game and that's all they could
Muster even with 100 plus yards in penalties and 4 turnovers. So I'm not sure exactly what you are talking about.

All I heard last year was how Albemarle middle was getting better how did they do today against West Stanly today?

We were reffering last year about our upcoming players which can't play this year due to 6th graders. This middle school team has a couple
Of players that will be able to help out in the next year or two. For this crew here last year I said we were a year or two out. I said we would be more competitive this year and we are, hoping we can clean up our simple mistakes but next year I think we will be in the mix.

1-3 and obviously you weren't at the West game and that's all they could
Muster even with 100 plus yards in penalties and 4 turnovers. So I'm not sure exactly what you are talking about.

West took a knee at the end of the game to keep from scoring again. Oh by the way West beat Albemarle again 30 to 0 by a bunch of 7th graders...

West took a knee at the end of the game to keep from scoring again. Oh by the way West beat Albemarle again 30 to 0 by a bunch of 7th graders...
And you all are still going to get your butts busted in conference lol. But hey keep pounding your chest over beating a 1a school in rebuild mode with a bunch of sophomores oh and could only muster 25pts after 100 yds of penalties and 4 turnovers lmao

And you all are still going to get your butts busted in conference lol. But hey keep pounding your chest over beating a 1a school in rebuild mode with a bunch of sophomores oh and could only muster 25pts after 100 yds of penalties and 4 turnovers lmao
Albebums only got 20 points all season lmao

Albemarle has the same players playing offense and defense just don’t have it between the ears to know how to run a offense. Can tell they need some coaching.

Albemarle has the same players playing offense and defense just don’t have it between the ears to know how to run a offense. Can tell they need some coaching.

We got the coach he just needs time. I would say Year one he setting a great foundation, has our numbers up and our defense is playing well. Our jv came out and had a good showing and that's huge for the future of the program. How often do you see a coach come in and flip the switch in one year?

Never claimed to be a west fan. Just see Albemarle for what they are bunch of has-beens that are full of excuses and salty their days are over. Now let’s watch north put 60 on the pups.

Union Pines has a lot of offensive weapons especially that #4 who if he is not playing on saturdays I will be shocked got 22 on our defense after lord knows how many penalties and 3 crucial turnovers. As long as our offense takes care of the ball and watches the turnovers I don't see North getting 60 on them. Oh and at UP we were missing our starting safety our second and third running back as well as our starting running back who is a sophomore and by his senior year will be a monster.

Never claimed to be a west fan. Just see Albemarle for what they are bunch of has-beens that are full of excuses and salty their days are over. Now let’s watch north put 60 on the pups.
Would be interested to know the excuses. I think most of the Albemarle posters have been more than honest about where we are as a program.

But just keep hating and enjoy it now because this program is heading in the right direction. Just make sure you are still posting in the next year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT