ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte Observer Pre-season State Rankings

East Lincoln at 4. They lost alot from last year. They should be okay this season, but they want win the State this year.

With what SP lost from last year's team. They should not be ranked #7 in state on any poll. Will have alot of young players this season.

Reactions: Crestuff and 87SwO
I see seventy first eastern alamance havelock southern durham southern nash Rocky Mount northern nash being really good 3a teams in the east havelock will be mainly sophomores and juniors this year next year should be really good

Reactions: 87SwO and New3ra
Well it is called Charlotte observer 😂

But I do think it’s funny will be a rude awakening once this season starts 😝
I’m going to a few East games this year. I don’t think this guy actually does his homework. I’ve been saying it for awhile but I don’t know how SD isn’t top 10.

Reactions: KingJordon704
3 out of top 10 from same conference and if Ashbrook gets a offensive gameplan together they could be top ten material also..

Reactions: shutdownD24
3 out of top 10 from same conference and if Ashbrook gets a offensive gameplan together they could be top ten material also..
Ashbrook’s offensive line is going to be tough to deal with in 3A. If those guys can get any type of passing game, watch out.

Reactions: Crestuff
Ashbrook’s offensive line is going to be tough to deal with in 3A. If those guys can get any type of passing game, watch out.
How many years have we said that about Ashbrook, they will have to prove it on the field
They have always had great athletes but there is something each year holding them back.
Great size on the OL for sure.

State champs

Weddington
Dudley
Shelby
Tarboro
Wallace rose hill is returning two of their running backs from last year that took 2a champs east duplin to the wire both games so they may be the east team coming out or Clinton I wouldn’t put a title on Shelby just yet and southern durham might have some to say about 3a 😂

How many years have we said that about Ashbrook, they will have to prove it on the field
They have always had great athletes but there is something each year holding them back.
Great size on the OL for sure.
I agree but the Green Wave coaching is much improved from a couple of years ago. Those guys are much better coached now to go with all that athletic talent. The current coaching staff had a lot to rebuild internally with the program. This is the year that I believe they take the next step forward.

Wallace rose hill is returning two of their running backs from last year that took 2a champs east duplin to the wire both games so they may be the east team coming out or Clinton I wouldn’t put a title on Shelby just yet and southern durham might have some to say about 3a 😂
Yeah the Shelby pick is crazy, Reidsville or Monroe will come out the West. I still believe whoever comes out the West in 3A will be the favorite to win it all. Southern Durham defense will be good but that offense isn’t championship caliber.

I think A.C Reynolds should be ranked higher. I am a big KM fan but I don’t think we should be number 1. Our offense will be a working progress at the beginning of the year.
KM offense will be fine once it solidifies the o-line. Three of the five starters are set. Just got to figure out the last two line positions. The skill position group is exceptional especially at receiver. Just have to wait on o-line to solidify across the board.

KM offense will be fine once it solidifies the o-line. Three of the five starters are set. Just got to figure out the last two line positions. The skill position group is exceptional especially at receiver. Just have to wait on o-line to solidify across the board.
Agreed probably will take a game or 2 and we also have to figure out who our QB is going to be. We still have 3 QBs competing for the position.

Agreed probably will take a game or 2 and we also have to figure out who our QB is going to be. We still have 3 QBs competing for the position.
We will be fine at QB. Yeah we have 3 guys but it is becoming obvious who QB1 is going to be or should be rather when you grade everything out. Best player should start. QB is going to be a strength of the offense once we hit conference play. Intentionally not saying who I think the guy is at this time because parents read these boards lol.

Reactions: rbwebster32
We will be fine at QB. Yeah we have 3 guys but it is becoming obvious who QB1 is going to be or should be rather when you grade everything out. Best player should start. QB is going to be a strength of the offense once we hit conference play. Intentionally not saying who I think the guy is at this time because parents read these boards lol.
After being out there watching practice they all do things better then the other. I have an opinion on who it will probably be but time will tell and we will see how they perform with pads on and the scrimmages coming up this week.

If KM had around 120+ kids it should be some great choices at all those spots..

Reactions: 87SwO
If KM had around 120+ kids it should be some great choices at all those spots..
There are options and bodies of course but from a proven varsity standpoint, we have work to do. It’s the only area that we do not have decent depth. What I love about Coach Strait is that you have to earn your job with your work, effort, and play everyday. No more of just penciling in kids on day 1 and kids behind them never have a true opportunity to beat them out.

Last edited:
There are options and bodies of course but from a proven varsity standpoint, we have work to do. It’s the only area that we do not have decent depth. What I love about Coach Strait is that you have to earn your job with your work, effort, and play everyday. No more of just penciling in kids on day 1 and never kids behind them an opportunity to beat them out.
Did hear today that KMHS is at maximum capacity for students and going up faster than expected

Reactions: 87SwO
Did hear today that KMHS is at maximum capacity for students and going up faster than expected
If thats true, I don't know what they would do with the next few years of current students in 5-8 grades. Each grade probably has the the highest enrollment numbers ever in KM. I can see the system eventually buying the property (old Bennett Brick) diagonally across from main entrance and right across the creek from their technology building.

I haven’t heard that yet but I am aware that one of the KM youth football leagues had so many kids sign up that they had to shut registration down early because every team is completely full. That’s a great sign for the future of the high school program.

Yeah the Shelby pick is crazy, Reidsville or Monroe will come out the West. I still believe whoever comes out the West in 3A will be the favorite to win it all. Southern Durham defense will be good but that offense isn’t championship caliber.
I can see that and we thought the same about crest in 2014 while they steam roll everyone and whoop them with the wildcat all game 😂 jk but that crest defense was one the best I’ve ever seen only other one I remember myself being that good was havelock in 2011 but they havelock had a great offense too

I agree but the Green Wave coaching is much improved from a couple of years ago. Those guys are much better coached now to go with all that athletic talent. The current coaching staff had a lot to rebuild internally with the program. This is the year that I believe they take the next step forward.
I think maybe 10 people on earth agree with this italicized part above. The talent has been there since 1972. There have been great coaches at AHS over the years. This current staff won't be winning any awards for best coaching job unless it's an inside job done by the local paper ..... which is possible given their coverage and slant toward some programs over others.

If thats true, I don't know what they would do with the next few years of current students in 5-8 grades. Each grade probably has the the highest enrollment numbers ever in KM. I can see the system eventually buying the property (old Bennett Brick) diagonally across from main entrance and right across the creek from their technology building.
you do what should've been done about 4-5 years ago in Eastern Cleveland county....you create another HS. I know how that will go over in the punch bowl with CC people because they're keenly aware of what that will do to all four other programs. CC is probably the best positioned county in the entire state for creating a good football roster by having only 4 HSs in the county plus the additional Gaston County immigrants to KM/Shelby and SC refugees going to Crest/Shelby.

Either that are somebody has to go 4A next year or two.

Reactions: New3ra
That's what I was going to say. It seems like KM will be knocking on the 4A door in the next couple alignments.

If CC does build a new school, where does it go? I don't feel like CC is big enough to have 5 schools. It would make more sense to expand the existing schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT