ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte Catholic vs Hickory Ridge

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Interesting matchup with this game. Catholic defeated South Meck 13-6 and Hickory Ridge defeated Huss 68-13. HR is favored to win the 4A Metro conference but we will see how well they do against Catholic. Any thoughts or predictions.

Hickory Ridge by 3 scores
Feeble attempt at pot stirring. I will take that bet. Will be interesting but won't be 3 scores either way. Scoring 68 points doesn't tell you a lot except maybe how bad Hickory Ridge's competition was. The fact that it was Hunter Huss was surprising. Hard to believe they have fallen that far so fast. Looking forward to this week's challenge.

Feeble attempt at pot stirring. I will take that bet. Will be interesting but won't be 3 scores either way. Scoring 68 points doesn't tell you a lot except maybe how bad Hickory Ridge's competition was. The fact that it was Hunter Huss was surprising. Hard to believe they have fallen that far so fast. Looking forward to this week's challenge.
Covid hurt numbers in on that side of gastonia. They have 7 seniors about the same amount of juniors and the rest are sophomores and freshman not much more then 50 in the whole program. And no jv team. Just recently started keeping up with them since I have family that just started there. The young kids are very talented but lack the experience.
If the km scrimmage was any indication I hope catholic didn't play starters. I see HR by at least 3 scores

Hope CC is better then what I saw at jambo against KM
They probably are. I wouldn't use the outcome of a scrimmage to define how good or how bad a team may be. Smart coaches and teams treat it as a practice and have a predetermined set of questions they want answered. They don't care about the score. They are looking to see who can play and who can't. They are not looking to reaffirm where they know they are strong. They want to identify weaknesses and fix them before the season starts. It's also a chance to see what some of the younger players can do without consequence. Catholic is one of those teams. Besides, the NCHSAA doesn't award trophies for scrimmage champions.

Reactions: 84k
They probably are. I wouldn't use the outcome of a scrimmage to define how good or how bad a team may be. Smart coaches and teams treat it as a practice and have a predetermined set of questions they want answered. They don't care about the score. They are looking to see who can play and who can't. They are not looking to reaffirm where they know they are strong. They want to identify weaknesses and fix them before the season starts. It's also a chance to see what some of the younger players can do without consequence. Catholic is one of those teams. Besides, the NCHSAA doesn't award trophies for scrimmage champions.
That’s why I never put no stock in scrimmages.

Reactions: jojr01
CC threw the ball 60 or 70% and even lined up in shotgun a few times for that scrimmage. Unlikely to see that in a game.

CC threw the ball 60 or 70% and even lined up in shotgun a few times for that scrimmage. Unlikely to see that in a game.
Catholic been throwing the ball more since last season when they found out they where going back to 4A.. it would be really tough to lineup and run over the Myers Park, Butler, and JC cougars

Reactions: UNC91
Catholic been throwing the ball more since last season when they found out they where going back to 4A.. it would be really tough to lineup and run over the Myers Park, Butler, and JC cougars
lol not really the case. Also, funny how you think you know more than Ladge. Lol. Had a good chuckle there

• Haha
Reactions: Crestuff and UNC91
LOL at Crest stuff.. We are not going to beat anyone by spreading out and throwing the ball. Our offense is predicated on throwing when everyone jumps into the box. It produces big plays and keeps the defense honest.

Now I am sure there will be some packages that look new this years but that is more about having talent at TE and QB.

Reactions: nepsy7
LOL at Crest stuff.. We are not going to beat anyone by spreading out and throwing the ball. Our offense is predicated on throwing when everyone jumps into the box. It produces big plays and keeps the defense honest.

Now I am sure there will be some packages that look new this years but that is more about having talent at TE and QB.
The accordion effect. If you pack the box, you get burned with play action. If you loosen up the linebackers and DBs and play honest, it's hard to stop the 3, 4, 5 yard a play grind it out drive, especially when wide splits are used. The game within the game. You take what the defense gives you. If you put 11 in the box and Catholic runs over you, it is going to be a long night. If you can stop them with 6 or 7 in the box, it will be a long night for Catholic. Nothing new here.

HR had really good size on their JV team, QB was everything of 6'4" and built. CC won 26-14, excited for tonight.

Jaw jacker.. You have a pretty short memory.. You got your ass wiped many times in a row by Catholic and you win one game convincingly.. and then a close one. Damn you guys did not even score three years ago when you won a State Championship. Anyway the point at hand was your prediction for this game... seems it was about as accurate as your memory. 34-19 final.

Jaw jacker.. You have a pretty short memory.. You got your ass wiped many times in a row by Catholic and you win one game convincingly.. and then a close one. Damn you guys did not even score three years ago when you won a State Championship. Anyway the point at hand was your prediction for this game... seems it was about as accurate as your memory. 34-19 final.
Don't get your feeling hurt. We kicked Catholics ### 2 years in row. I think your memory is a little short. You remember 45 to nothing and running clock. 😂😂😂. I think our team had to go to confession for that one.

Lol the language from you Remote. My stars.

Jawboy will always remain insignificant in this forum or any other just like his football team. Red Pain in the house!!

Don't get your feeling hurt. We kicked Catholics ### 2 years in row. I think your memory is a little short. You remember 45 to nothing and running clock. 😂😂😂. I think our team had to go to confession for that one.
The Shipley era is over and with it anything significant on the field at Weddington. You had your run now it’s back to being run over.🖕🏼🖕🏼🤣.

WOW you are delusional. last year was right down to the wire 7-3. Where were you when we were playing for our fourth straight state Championship..... watching I suppose. the previous year was bad however let's examine the record.. you did not even score the year before... 20-0 With Shipley.... the previous year you took a drubbing 42-6. In your terms that would be 62-6

2004. 35-14. then you decided not to play us. You guys went into hiding. Maybe you should too.

Way to go back 17 years lol. Catholic recruits players and got rolled by a public school. Be ready for that again
You can't play teams that run from you.. and I think 62-6. is bigger than 52-3. you win one close one..and a big one and we drub your grumpy lying ass twice.. did you enjoy the view watching the real teams play at the end of the year last year. I forgot about 2012. Didn't you take a playoff ass kicking from us that year too 41-14 or how about that play off ass kicking in 2011 54 -14 We did not get to play you guys the previous year becuase you took a first round ass wooping from Forest VIEW

Last edited:
Reactions: CatholicCougs14
Last 2 games 52-3 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤗🤣🤣😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆
Remote is right. We have wiped our ass with Weddington so many times we’re on our third roll. Those wet dreams feel good Jacker but eventually you’ll have to wake up and face the sad truth of mediocrity. That’s the Weddington way.

jojr I'm a Weddington guy we are used to rubbing Catholics face in the dirt
Georgia. Yes you administered one good ass whipping and won squeaker. Live the memory. Love the memory. Not exactly a repetitive habit of rubbing Catholic's face in it considering the history and the memory will fade. You may be good and poking and needling but your predictive skills need a major overhaul.

What were you saying wacker....
Record vs Weddington: 8-4
2000: Catholic 37 Weddington 20(1-0)
2001: Weddington 21 Catholic 13(1-1)
2002: Catholic 42 Weddington 25(2-1)
2003: Weddington 35 Catholic 28(2-2)
2004: Catholic 35 Weddington 14(3-2)
2010: Catholic 58 Weddington 14(4-2)-P
2012: Catholic 41 Weddington 14(5-2)-P
2017: Catholic 42 Weddington 6(6-2)
2017: Catholic 42 Weddington 7(7-2)-P
2018: Catholic 20 Weddington 0(8-2)
2019: Weddington 45 Catholic 0(8-3)
2021(S): Weddington 7 Catholic 3(8-4)

Last edited:
Reactions: SPRaiders78
Back to the game how did Catholic and Hickory Ridge look like.

Reactions: UNC91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT