ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte Catholic at Reagan

Honestly i know it takes a lot to get to the third round of the playoffs and not gonna take that away from them. They played a hell of a season. GivingWest Forsyth there first loss, and beating a lot of good programs. Just didn't like their odds against catholic.

Originally posted by Sportsnut17:

Originally posted by Warhead1:

Originally posted by ForsythFootball:
As a Forsyth county fan. Not shocked didn't think it would get this bad but honestly reagan didn't impress me against East Forsyth or North davidson the regular season match up. If you shut down their star receiver, #1 can't recall his name they don't score. Great game by catholic
Said the same thing when NW Guilford played them. I thought their QB was legit but everyone else was average. I saw NWG rack up about 600 yards of offense on them.
I guess my question would be, are any of these 3 teams playing right now? I bet anyone of the the 3 teams you mentioned would much rather be here if the score is what it is than home tonight.

Give Reagan some credit.
Congrats to Reagan on getting to the 3rd rd. That is really awesome considering where that school was 5 years ago. I think without Easter that is a 7-4 team maybe. They really surprised the heck out of me by beating WF and ND.

This post was edited on 11/28 10:06 PM by Warhead1

Originally posted by ForsythFootball:
Honestly i know it takes a lot to get to the third round of the playoffs and not gonna take that away from them. They played a hell of a season. GivingWest Forsyth there first loss, and beating a lot of good programs. Just didn't like their odds against catholic.
Giving N. Davidson their first 2 losses, beating NW Guilford, ran the conference table. As someone pointed several weeks ago, 5 years ago they were the bottom of the conference.

Yeah, this game had the 49 written all over it, but the 0 surprises me as well, since Catholic only gave up less than 17 points twice all season.

I proposed the question in the other topic can Reagan overcome the dreaded Charlotte strength? No doubt they absolutely could not. They probably went into this game fearing it.

It pains me greatly..... but once more Charlotte completely owns Forsyth county and anybody else that stands in their way. Oh glorious day when the mighty beast of mecklenburg county will be crushed and other places win state on a 4A level, when will you come? Cheating Dudley and guilford County will not count for years.

Forget what I said about Reagan and this game. Catholic absolutely dominated this game from the opening kick to the final horn. The Catholic defensive coaches had a superb game plan to stop Jake Easter and CC ran it to perfection! The Cougar defense was all over him. I was extremely impressed with how well coached CC was. They played great on both sides of the ball. I hope they win it all.

Also, I can't believe they got smoked they bad good grief. How bad would North have got it? Ugh.

Folks- Catholic is good. Better than last year upfront and defensively. One lost to MC and other than that they have pretty much smoked everyone they have played. .

After the Northwestern game this is where I expected Catholic to be. I think I said Catholic vs Mooresville. Got part of it right at least.

I was there and it was ugly from the first snap................Reagan could do nothing on defense and Catholic just mowed them down. Reagan had "some" success with the short passes in the 2nd qtr. but they went away from that and tried to go back to running. Lots of personal fouls in this one also......

Crazy,

Really dude.............your knights got pimp slapped right back to Sheriff Hege County when they tried to diss us during pre-game warm ups last year. You're more than "welcome" to come back to The Tarp for a 2nd helping.....
wink.r191677.gif

Prince, really? I wasn't there last year at the Dudley/ND game but I heard there was no intention by ND players to "diss" Dudley. You wanna talk about disrespect? Surely you haven't forgotten two years ago when the entire Dudley team ran out to midfield and touched the ND logo when running on the field before the game.

This post was edited on 11/29 12:18 AM by BKnights18

LOL really, bragging that your team had to cheat in order to be ours? We beat you once while you were cheating and you beat us last year by cheating, so I'm not sure what your bragging about.

Oh and Prince of Dudley, how did your team do this year? Did they actually win any games? Any at all?

Are you guys being serious right now? Neither of our teams are in the playoffs and we're having a Dudley/North pissing contest?

We would've probably got pounded by Catholic as well, even though our run defense matches up better. We didn't score enough on Reagan; we certainly wouldn't have scored enough on Catholic's D lol.

I really don't care about the paperwork situation as far as playing on the field goes. Dudley messed up and they're paying for it now. Not doing the paperwork has nothing to do with what happened on the field the last two years, JV callups weren't playing in those games. Much respect for Dudley's tradition of excellence, the record is 1-1.

We probably won't get another opportunity to play them unless it's in the playoffs the next couple of years. North will be moving down to 3A before we know it...

Still have questions about Charlotte Catholic post Hood era? I think we have the answer. It's Catholic. The machine never stops it's production.

Congrats to CCHS. Reagan had nothing for them. Like I said winner of this game will win the West. I have no doubt that If the same Catholic that showed up at Reagan keeps playing like that, they have a very good shot at the 4A title. Good luck Cougars.

Brent, if your not gonna take my side, then be quiet!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Vance also has very tough out next week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT