ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte Catholic at Reagan

I like Catholic in this one. Catholic has played a very solid schedule as usual. Really it comes down to what CC is able to do with the QB for Reagan. Pressure on him and keep the defense in front of him and they will be successful. Reagan has beat a number of teams that most thought they couldn't. Now they meet a team that is always the most disciplined when the game begins.

Seadog, how is your boy? Haven't talked in awhile...

Now that our season is over, need to decide if I am going to take in the local game (Reagan/CC) or drive over to Hillsborough to see my former team play. Here's a hint, you have picked against them every week by 3 for 3 consecutive years!

This game will be a shootout. Neither team will stop the other. Reagan is VERY good on offense, and Catholic's Wing-T should give Reagan's defense fits.

I'm calling EVEN.

Doing great, cvaughan. Thanks for asking. I'll be at this one. Let me know if you're going and we'll hook up. The boy is doing well and has loved every minute of his first playoff experience. If you make it, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the Catholic O-line.

I chuckle to myself every time I post that NG will lose by 3. It's fun picking on GSO. Hope to see you there.

I don't think this game is even at all, but maybe it will surprise me.

Reagan got hammered by East Forsyth 45-31, who lost last week to a Providence squad missing its QB and MLB, and with their RB not at 100%.

Three weeks ago, Catholic destroyed Providence 47-28, and that was while Providence was at full strength.

I think - like all CPC schools - Reagan is in way over its head here, but maybe they will surprise me.

This post was edited on 11/24 4:36 PM by hokiemtc

Defensively... They are. But their offense is legit. By the way, since when is scoring 31 points getting hammered?

Now I am going to have to consider attending. Closer to home too... Will make the wife happy. We still say the only team that doesn't inflate size numbers on rosters was Catholics OL. Everybody adds an inch or a few pounds. Those cats were just plain HUGE. I would assume it hasn't changed. Addition by subtraction in wing-t probably hasn't hurt.

Originally posted by cvaughan598:
Now I am going to have to consider attending. Closer to home too... Will make the wife happy. We still say the only team that doesn't inflate size numbers on rosters was Catholics OL. Everybody adds an inch or a few pounds. Those cats were just plain HUGE. I would assume it hasn't changed. Addition by subtraction in wing-t probably hasn't hurt.
Cvaughan598. I should be at this one. Maybe we can hookup and meet as well. Any other posters going?

By the way, since when is scoring 31 points getting hammered?
When you still lose by double digits.

The one thing Reagan has going for them is tall, athletic receivers, which at times has given Catholic trouble in the past. If Reagan can't get Catholic's strong running game off the field, though, it isn't going to matter.

Originally posted by hokiemtc:
If Reagan can't get Catholic's strong running game off the field, though, it isn't going to matter.
.....and if Catholic has average to below average pass defense it's not going to matter either. Sure Catholic, with their ground and pound offense, is going to have success moving the football against Reagan, however Reagan's ariel attack is absolutely lethal. I know the whole Charlotte/Winston-Salem thing gets played out a lot on here, but trust me, this Reagan team is extremely well coached (as I'm sure CC is as well) and all they've heard all year long is "Well, somebody will get them next week". The one thing Catholic cannot do, is go into Raider stadium thinking "It's a Forsyth County team, we got this". I have no dog in the fight, but I am going to attend this one because I want to see the contrasting styles of offense go at it. I will say this though, I will bet that CC has nobody on their team that can catch Jake Easter if he takes off and get's into the secondary. The kid as some serious wheels.

I don't see CC going in believing they have a sure win, because of Reagan being a Forsyth Team. I just don't see Reagan throwing anything at them, that they have not already seen before.

Forsyth County the Conference USA of High School Football. Not that good when they step out of conference and play other teams.

This post was edited on 11/27 8:49 AM by nepsy7

Originally posted by Rameses:

Originally posted by hokiemtc:

If Reagan can't get Catholic's strong running game off the field, though, it isn't going to matter.
.....and if Catholic has average to below average pass defense it's not going to matter either. Sure Catholic, with their ground and pound offense, is going to have success moving the football against Reagan, however Reagan's ariel attack is absolutely lethal.
Here is the difference. This will be the best team Reagan has faced by far. Reagan is maybe the fourth best team Catholic has played. You really think Reagan has a more high powered offensive attack than Rock Hill Northwestern or Mallard Creek. All the same things you say about Easter they said about Jameel Mack. I agree that Easter is a stud but Catholic isn't gonna try and matchup with Reagan on the outside. They will play that Catholic zone and give up the underneath and try and keep Easter in the pocket. Once the field shrinks the passing lanes get tight and Catholic has lived all year on int's.

Reagan is a good team and they will score some because you don't keep a kid like Easter down all day but in the second half that power football starts to wear you down and guys are a little late or cant get off a block and that's when CC opens it up.
a

I am familiar with Catholics zone. And if they sit in that zone, Reagan will pick them apart. Easter is a legit 4.3 guy. He doesn't WANT to run. Reagan's offense is legit guys. If Catholic stays in that cover 2 they ran against us they will give up 400 yards passing in this game.

I am familiar with Catholics zone. And if they sit in that zone, Reagan will pick them apart. Easter is a legit 4.3 guy. He doesn't WANT to run. Reagan's offense is legit guys. If Catholic stays in that cover 2 they ran against us they will give up 400 yards passing in this game.
I think that is the point. They will give up yards but not points. They play that zone so they also don't have LB's with their backs turned when Easter takes off. Reagan is gonna get their yards but Catholic will take the big play out and make it tough in the rezone.

45- 31 Catholic

I am thinking more 35-31... I'm not sure which way I want to call it though. Will be a shoutout and neither team will stop the other.

Scotswin, you're always hoping a team from Charlotte loses. So, what else is new?

The thing about Reagan's offense is, they want you to give up the underneath stuff. Actually, they thrive on it. Their passing game will 5 and 8 yard you to death. They will run 5 wides and there will always be that one WR that will turn and sit 6 to 8 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Nobody has covered the guy yet. The thing is, it's never the same receiver so the defense has a hard time keeping up with it. IMO, this is going to be a shootout.

Reagan has several players that will take a five yard pass to the house. If the defense for Reagan can get a few stops I like Reagan. This offence is not comparable to Mallard Creek in the fact they are not going to run the ball seven or eight times. If Catholic has a plan to keep Reagan's offense off the field it could be over early.

I will say this about this matchup, if Catholic doesn't get any pressure on the QB Easter then I believe they will have a hard time winning. He is too good of a QB and he will make them pay if he has time. The only way to truly stop him is to get consistent pressure and he will make hurried throws and make mistakes. The game I saw against ND he made very good decisions and rarely threw a bad pass thus he doesn't make many mistakes. On the other hand for Reagan's defense, they will bring a blitzer just about every play. That could end up hurting them for some big plays or it could cause some disruptive problems for Catholic and maybe some turnovers. So, I say the key to the game for Catholic is defensive pressure on Easter and not turning the ball over on offense.

Reagan's defense has always been suspect this year. Once that Catholic Wing T gets going it's tough to stop.

Wow, shocked at that score. I thought Reagan would at least put some points on the board. Anybody at the game got any feedback on how Catholic is shutting down Reagan?

As a Forsyth county fan. Not shocked didn't think it would get this bad but honestly reagan didn't impress me against East Forsyth or North davidson the regular season match up. If you shut down their star receiver, #1 can't recall his name they don't score. Great game by catholic

Originally posted by ForsythFootball:
As a Forsyth county fan. Not shocked didn't think it would get this bad but honestly reagan didn't impress me against East Forsyth or North davidson the regular season match up. If you shut down their star receiver, #1 can't recall his name they don't score. Great game by catholic
Said the same thing when NW Guilford played them. I thought their QB was legit but everyone else was average. I saw NWG rack up about 600 yards of offense on them.

Originally posted by Warhead1:

Originally posted by ForsythFootball:
Said the same thing when NW Guilford played them. I thought their QB was legit but everyone else was average. I saw NWG rack up about 600 yards of offense on them.
I guess my question would be, are any of these 3 teams playing right now? I bet anyone of the the 3 teams you mentioned would much rather be here if the score is what it is than home tonight.

Give Reagan some credit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT