ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Championship scores

33-22 at half voyager over prep. Voyager double figure blocks, prep close to double figures missed free throws

Prep trying to pound inside but Huff is dominating at 6'11". Sat part of second with 2 fouls

Congratulations to Voyager. Like Jay Huff's game. Any idea if the small white guard is going to play in college? Like his name as well.

WS Prep can't match Voyager Charter Academy in Durham County with these cities
" Raleigh-Durham-Cary, Chapel Hill NC"with a Combined population of 1,749,525 area to draw from. These schools need their own playoff ..... (Charter,Private & Prep/Magnet)

Last edited:
Voyager was really impressive.

I'm not surprised they won (predicted it in pre-season, in fact), as they had the best player by far, but was surprised at the way they dismantled Prep. Huff will fit in well at UVA.

Voyager was really impressive.

I'm not surprised they won (predicted it in pre-season, in fact), as they had the best player by far, but was surprised at the way they dismantled Prep. Huff will fit in well at UVA.

Great game the 11 seniors on Voyager really showed you could tell they played together since 6th grade they kept their composure and made the correct basketball play. The 6'11 kid was the difference in the first half controlling the paint and all the missed free throws from prep. Preps youth showed doesn't matter if you can beat your man off the dribble if the human eraser is waiting.

Voyager's point guard also very impressive....sometimes good things do come in small packages.

WS Prep can't match Voyager Charter Academy in Durham Couny with these cities
" Raleigh-Durham-Cary, Chapel Hill NC"with a Combined population of 1,749,525 area to draw from. These schools need their own playoff ..... (Charter,Private & Prep/Magnet)

Give it a rest clown

Anybody who thinks Privat/Charters/Magnets don't have advantages over small rural 1A schools, then you are just plain ignorant...period!
Sorry knights4 but I have to disagree (and I don't believe I am plain ignorant). In fact, many of the charters and magnets in the state are actually at a disadvantage in athletics versus most of the traditional 1A schools. You just have to look at their records and visit them to see their lack of facilities and athletes (usually due to their academic focus). Don't get me wrong, there are a small number of public charters and magnets, especially in the larger cities, that have real advantages and there needs to be a good debate on how to develop proper solutions. However, there are many small charters and magnets that feel just as frustrated about the same issue.

Sorry knights4 but I have to disagree (and I don't believe I am plain ignorant). In fact, many of the charters and magnets in the state are actually at a disadvantage in athletics versus most of the traditional 1A schools. You just have to look at their records and visit them to see their lack of facilities and athletes (usually due to their academic focus). Don't get me wrong, there are a small number of public charters and magnets, especially in the larger cities, that have real advantages and there needs to be a good debate on how to develop proper solutions. However, there are many small charters and magnets that feel just as frustrated about the same issue.
Maybe you are misunderstanding what we are saying scott. The problem is not that every charter is good. The problem is that the rules are set up so those that want to take advantage can. The problem is not with charter schools. The problem is with the rules being set up to give them an opportunity to take advantage of a system. And some DEFINETLY DO

Maybe you are misunderstanding what we are saying scott. The problem is not that every charter is good. The problem is that the rules are set up so those that want to take advantage can. The problem is not with charter schools. The problem is with the rules being set up to give them an opportunity to take advantage of a system. And some DEFINETLY DO

I get your point...I just don't want to punish those school (public, charter, magnet, etc.) that are playing by the rules. I've read comments about pushing all charters and magnets up a classification or other ideas that would really put their athletic programs at risk when they are struggling to get by today. I think there needs to be a focus on those particular programs that seem to be taking advantage of the system rather than trying to group them all together.

Just not sure how you punish the people that are taking advantage of the rules. As long as there is competitive sports, there will be some that will take advantage of the opportunities that the rules present. Sorry but I do not see how you can make a change without a rules change, because by the letter of the law, everyone is playing by the rules.

Reactions: BK13T-$
If you move some up but not others then we might be in the same spot in a few years when/if those schools start taking advantage of the rule. I think they all have to be together. I would rather a few charter schools be at a disadvantage then 70 or 80 1a schools.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT