ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic @ Weddington

CatholicCougs14

Jan 4, 2013
Here we go! A big test for the Cougars in conference on the road on a short week. The Cougars and Warriors. Two teams led by excellent coaches with great talent and a number of kids who know eachother and grew up playing against eachother.

To start of the preview one thing that shocked me is the amount of players Weddington has. I counted 30 on their sideline watching film, was told 31 by someone else. They have I think 4-5 guys going both ways and when you play Catholic especially in the second half and when it is expected to be 88 that can be an issue.

However, Carson will have his troops ready to go and just because they have 30 players doesn't mean they'll be pushovers by any means.

Catholic looked very very good against Monroe. Kevin Coss had three sacks in his season debut for the Cougars and Chase Foley had one in his. Both returning from injuries. Weddington likes to throw the ball a bit so getting to the QB will be huge and having those two goes a long way.

Elsewhere on the defense the secondary is really coming together. Both Brian Jacobs and Riley Berger had picks last week vs Monroe and Jacobs also had a fumble return for a touchdown.

Turnovers will be a big factor in this game I think. The Cougars have done an excellent job of forcing them all season, but don't sell Weddington short they picked off Sam Howell three times in this first half before he left the game with an injury.

On offense the Cougars continue to roll with Milan Howard, Michael Neel and Lamagae McDowell. Those three can put a hurting on you over the course of a game physically. Having TE Garrett McKernon back from injury last week was huge he had quite a game with I think three catches and a touchdown(not sure on catch #).

Catholic did a good amount of damage through the air vs Monroe and I wouldn't be shocked to see them continue to do that if Weddington sells out to stop the run similar to what Monroe did.

I think the key to Catholic winning this game is as almost always winning the line of scrimmage. If they control the line of scrimmage they will win this game. I do not know if Weddington is sending any linemen both ways, if they do that could hurt them come second half when Catholic starts really pounding away.

At the end of the day I think Catholic wears down Weddington in the second half and comes out with a two score win. 10-14 points with a late score. Weddington is good and will fight and hit them in the mouth, but I think Catholic comes out on top here.

Weddington QB is pretty slippery but not the most accurate. His WRs made some nice plays for him and have a good blend of height and speed. Defensively they got gashed by Crest on the run so I expect Catholic to have success. Think my pick on another board was 30-14 Catholic. One thing is certain Weddington will keep fighting and will take advantage of your mistakes which is a sign of great coaching.

Weddington 28-14. Carson will never get beat by a Wing-T team. Even one that recruits and plays private schools.
Lol youre a moron. Carson got beat by Catholic 42-14 in 2012.
Anyways please give names of recruited players at Catholic. Thank you in advance!

If you guys had an actual offense you would have probably won 10 state championships.
Ahhhh a troll! I don't know that offense has given Catholic success that most schools who run as you say an "actual offense" would do anything to have.
Enjoy troll boy, still waiting on list of recruited players.

Seadog go back to your 1A board. Why can't you have a thread on here without a big red idiot that rode the Gaston county short bus commenting on it. Weddington would KILL Southpoint. You guys lucked out and caught Crest early. I heard Stuart Cramer (who apparently has had football for two years) threw two touchdowns on you. Weddington would eat you guys alive. I respect CC, no respect for Red Idiots.

Catholic 42-14. Weddington is well coached but lost to much from last season. That Weddington WR is awesome he almost beat Crest by himself he had all of there TDs, the kid got some serious ups!

Seadog go back to your 1A board. Why can't you have a thread on here without a big red idiot that rode the Gaston county short bus commenting on it. Weddington would KILL Southpoint. You guys lucked out and caught Crest early. I heard Stuart Cramer (who apparently has had football for two years) threw two touchdowns on you. Weddington would eat you guys alive. I respect CC, no respect for Red Idiots.

JawJacker, I need my Mercedes waxed. You free?

Stop #2 and the other 10 beat you. Stop the other 10 and #2 beats you. Pick your poison. Either way, Catholic runs away with the win.

Catholic defense will shut down Weddington's run and force them to throw behind the chains which I see as a weakness of theirs.

Reactions: Mr-Robinson

Yo JawJacker, don't quit your day job. Don't leave the boards, though. Your expertise is needed! Bwahahaha.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT