ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic @ East Forsyth

No dog in this fight but what stands out for Catholic on film is they go at it 100 percent. This game will come down to which defense can make the adjustments. The defensive coordinator from NWG will definitely help East against this offense.
Just like Providence and Mallard Creek will help Catholic. Lol I think both staffs are fine on their own.

I think he means the dc at NWG is now at EF. At NWG they ran a wing-t albeit a different version than Catholic's.

Catholics Offense with its unbalanced set and 2 TE set makes it tough and it is a different Wing T look. Plus Carholic can throw a little better than most traditional Wing T teams. Now East Forsyth will have 2 huge DT that will make it tough to run on and East is extreme.y well coached should be a good one

Catholics Offense with its unbalanced set and 2 TE set makes it tough and it is a different Wing T look. Plus Carholic can throw a little better than most traditional Wing T teams. Now East Forsyth will have 2 huge DT that will make it tough to run on and East is extreme.y well coached should be a good one
How are their DEs? Catholic I assume will just run away from them, as long as the interior of the Catholic line can hold up, which I think they can.

Friday night vs North Davidson was standing room only. There are some other big games in the area, but yes we are the only game in Forsyth County. Page vs West Forsyth and Davie vs Dudley are the other two big games in the area. Majority of East's side was full and North Davidson's side was full as well and it was standing room only Friday and I will venture to guess it will be standing room only this Friday. CC14 and all other fans from Charlotte Catholic, be safe on the ride up and I would plan to get there around 6:30 if not sooner. Parking lots were full at 6:45 last Friday and I expect much of the same. Gates usually open around 5:30.

Friday night vs North Davidson was standing room only. There are some other big games in the area, but yes we are the only game in Forsyth County. Page vs West Forsyth and Davie vs Dudley are the other two big games in the area. Majority of East's side was full and North Davidson's side was full as well and it was standing room only Friday and I will venture to guess it will be standing room only this Friday. CC14 and all other fans from Charlotte Catholic, be safe on the ride up and I would plan to get there around 6:30 if not sooner. Parking lots were full at 6:45 last Friday and I expect much of the same. Gates usually open around 5:30.
I'll be there probably when Catholic gets there so I assume I'll be there early. Good to know though. Would you recommend eating there or elsewhere? I remember going to Reagan there was nothing near the school in terms of food.

Immediately around the school there isn't much of anything, you would have to go into Kernersville to eat. Our Booster Club does a phenomenal job in terms of concessions. There will be a food truck on Catholics side of the field just like there was last week for the ND game to provide concessions. If you are there early enough, just come to our side and visit the concession stand. Food is good.

Immediately around the school there isn't much of anything, you would have to go into Kernersville to eat. Our Booster Club does a phenomenal job in terms of concessions. There will be a food truck on Catholics side of the field just like there was last week for the ND game to provide concessions. If you are there early enough, just come to our side and visit the concession stand. Food is good.
Ok sounds good. I must say, best concessions still belong to Dudley in my book. Fish fry is hard to beat, although I'll give East Forsyth a shot lol

Ok sounds good. I must say, best concessions still belong to Dudley in my book. Fish fry is hard to beat, although I'll give East Forsyth a shot lol
The burgers at East are pretty good, assumming you are coming 52 to 40 if you pass the exit for east forsyth the very next exit is downtown kernersville with Chick-fil-A, McDonald's, Mexican, Taco Bell, chipotle, and some other food places the exit after that you have prissy pollys (BBQ), mad Greek grill, Dario (very good), zaxby's and a pizzeria.

The burgers at East are pretty good, assumming you are coming 52 to 40 if you pass the exit for east forsyth the very next exit is downtown kernersville with Chick-fil-A, McDonald's, Mexican, Taco Bell, chipotle, and some other food places the exit after that you have prissy pollys (BBQ), mad Greek grill, Dario (very good), zaxby's and a pizzeria.
I believe that's where I'll go. I've been to Kernersville a number of times, just never for a game. I may have to hit up Sheetz after the game, especially if Catholic brings home a W :p

Take it from a Wonder fan. CC is deadly with their running attack.
Add their passing attack they have this year makes teams play heads
up football and not just concentrate on their running game. EF may
have great DB's but that makes a team play them heads up with their
running and passing attack.
No prediction for the game but I'll be coming!

Perhaps after the event the Charlotte faithful will gather at Sheetz, lining up three deep to purchase newly designed sweatshirts with " We Just Got The Sheetz Stomped Outten Us " written across the front, with a map of South Carolina on the back of the stylish garment

Perhaps after the event the Charlotte faithful will gather at Sheetz, lining up three deep to purchase newly designed sweatshirts with " We Just Got The Sheetz Stomped Outten Us " written across the front, with a map of South Carolina on the back of the stylish garment

Gso, can always count on you to stir the pot! I hope you and yer goats are doing well!

Southern Durham holds up pretty well! They cook the food DIRECTLY under the press box! Talk about hard to concentrate!

I was wondering when Mister G-S-O 555 would make an appearance, will you and your goats be making an appearance Friday night?

Southern Durham holds up pretty well! They cook the food DIRECTLY under the press box! Talk about hard to concentrate!
Never been to Southern Durham, but Dudley will always be up there for me. Not everyday you see a fish fry set up on the visitor side.

I can hear the PA now!!! Don't forget the concessions where you can get your fill of the "World Famous Dudley dawgs!"
I can as well, I have tried a Dudley Dog, and they are not too bad. Much better than ours that's for sure!
Anyways, back to the game lol I'll have to start a thread about food later, but I am now watching the Harding/EF game. North Davidson passes so much that it is hard for me to judge how they'll defend CC from it.
I believe Harding runs the single wing, different from Catholic's offense, but it'll give a better perspective on EFs run defense.

When last attending an event at East Forsyth, I traveled via my mule, Alvin, and three trained travelin' goats. . As the frustrated motorized passengers sat in their vehicles flabbergasted mainly because of miniscule parking facilities, we scooted past all the passengers and their fancy vehicles with no complications whatsoever. . For all the mule riders that will be attending the event, may I suggest an excellent patch of woods that sits caddy cornered to one of the end zones. Alvin said it was the best venue he's attended, mainly because of the excessive amount of hay and similar edible items that were scattered amongst the forest. The well behaved goats scampered along behind Alvin chomping on Forsyth County kudzu, and they appeared to keep Alvin entertained with their off key singing with all that screamin' crap until the event was completed. Safe travels to all involved.
P.S. Hope you had a marvelous and fabulous Thanksgiving, Mister Vaughn, and you and yours are well. Please give Mister Roscoe my Holiday Wishes and Regards, and also a Merry Christmas..

Last edited:
Reactions: CatholicCougs14
From what I could see, you made some accusations to the tune of recruiting, then had no proof to back anything up. Hence there being no point, just you retreating from a baseless foundation.

I'll be there probably when Catholic gets there so I assume I'll be there early. Good to know though. Would you recommend eating there or elsewhere? I remember going to Reagan there was nothing near the school in terms of food.
You know what we do? East Coast Wings is not far away and anything in K'ville is about 10-15 mins from the school.

They both have good offenses but my gut tells me this is a lower scoring game. I suspect Catholic will be even more run heavy than usual especially if EF stays in there 4 man front. I don't think throwing at Cone and Tate is a good recipe for success. I also think Catholic will play its usual soft zone and make EF go the distance with running and underneath stuff.

EF was very aggressive offensively against Mallard Creek last year but I think that was because they knew they would struggle to slow down MC. I think they know there defense matches up better with Catholic and will try to control possession and get Catholic playing from behind which is not where they want to be.

I think this game is in the high teens low 20s

I really like the way the EF offense is rolling right now. I think the EF defense will get a few stops.

EF - 35
Catholic - 21

I really like the way the EF offense is rolling right now. I think the EF defense will get a few stops.

EF - 35
Catholic - 21
That DC from NWG is very very smart, talked to a parent on the phone and figured out what East Forsyths thinking and plan at the moment and really like it.

Why move to a bigger stadium and eliminate the "home field" factor? It's large enough for NCHSAA so why move it?

They both have good offenses but my gut tells me this is a lower scoring game. I suspect Catholic will be even more run heavy than usual especially if EF stays in there 4 man front. I don't think throwing at Cone and Tate is a good recipe for success. I also think Catholic will play its usual soft zone and make EF go the distance with running and underneath stuff.

EF was very aggressive offensively against Mallard Creek last year but I think that was because they knew they would struggle to slow down MC. I think they know there defense matches up better with Catholic and will try to control possession and get Catholic playing from behind which is not where they want to be.

I think this game is in the high teens low 20s

I agree with you B&G. EF coaches have been great over the last few years in game planning. One thing I noticed last week was the discipline of the EF pass rush. Butts looked to break the pocket when receivers weren't open (which was most of the night) but the line stayed in their lanes and there was nowhere to go. Point being, I don't think that playing disciplined defense is going to be a huge problem for EF. MC ran on them last year because they were huge and LJ was special, not because EF was undisciplined. I'm sure the precision of CC rushing attack will have some success, but I don't see them running up and down the field on EF like they did on Parkland and Mt Tabor (a very undisciplined team). I think EF will see some opportunities to control the game with their rushing offense, mixing in some short passes to get their receivers in space and let them make plays. They will have to push the ball down the field at least a couple of times just to keep the CC defense honest. But I don't see them taking a lot of chances. Turnovers and special teams are the key here for me. East can't give away points. CC has proven they are way too good for that!

The game will be shortened by both teams so I don't see a shootout. I think East is talented and versatile enough on offense to challenge CC. If EF can stay at least even in turnovers and not give up easy points via explosive plays, they will pull out a close one. The EF kicker will be the difference, I'm calling it 27-21 EF.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT