ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic @ East Forsyth

Can you prove that CC don't .
Yes actually considering I've been with the program either while a student or now since I've graduated for 7 years. You can come to Catholic and point out who we recruited.
I took a guy like you on the field at the state title game a year ago he was much like you always said we recruited and his jaw hit the floor and he said "I take back every word about recruiting you do not recruit."
Maybe come on down to Keffer Stadium and shake my hand and I'll show you exactly who we recruited.
If we recruited every single coach should be fired for not knowing what a good solid athlete looks like.

A Good coach can win at the high school level with the hand that he has and maybe one or two good players ,case in point South Point in Belmont great coaches.

Can you prove that CC don't .

Sure i can. I go to the game a look at the players and then I laugh my ass of when I think about idiots who say they recruit kids.

Which one of the 5'9 165lb DBs did they offer????

Scotland has more FBS talent in the backfield then CC has on the 2 deep.

A Good coach can win at the high school level with the hand that he has and maybe one or two good players ,case in point South Point in Belmont great coaches.
Once again, should Catholic advance farther than Scotland you can come to one of our games and point out to me who we recruited.
I'll just inform you almost every time that they were in the MACS system since Kindergarten or middle school. Myself started in the 7th grade when I moved from Florida.
You can say they get one or two players all they want, but you take one look at them and like Blue and Gold said you will laugh and say there is no way they recruit.
I'm not saying this to be disrespectful, but you honestly have no idea what you're talking about and I cannot stand ignorance.

So you get on here and call out CC for recruiting? Who cares if they do? Why not call out East Forsyth or West Forsyth. They have open enrollment in Forsyth County schools. Do you think these kids miraculously get on the same team because they live in the same district? I don't know Jack squat about CC other than I watched them play 2 years ago and thought they looked like an average team and nothing special just out executed EVERYONE

So you get on here and call out CC for recruiting? Who cares if they do? Why not call out East Forsyth or West Forsyth. They have open enrollment in Forsyth County schools. Do you think these kids miraculously get on the same team because they live in the same district? I don't know Jack squat about CC other than I watched them play 2 years ago and thought they looked like an average team and nothing special just out executed EVERYONE

Always Forsyth county open enrollment, how many C-Ships have those open enrollment schools won in the last 20 yrs? Parkland 3A and 2A Carver. WF made it to one c-ship game in 50+ years and East won 1, what 25 years ago, both teams before open enrollment. As most knowledgeable posters have stated many times, football c-ships don't run through Forsyth county. Yes I am a Forsyth county guy.

OBTW, just posting as a regular poster, disregard Moderator status on this post.

Always Forsyth county open enrollment, how many C-Ships have those open enrollment schools won in the last 20 yrs? Parkland 3A and 2A Carver. WF made it to one c-ship game in 50+ years and East won 1, what 25 years ago, both teams before open enrollment. As most knowledgeable posters have stated many times, football c-ships don't run through Forsyth county. Yes I am a Forsyth county guy.

OBTW, just posting as a regular poster, disregard Moderator status on this post.

Wont argue with that one bit Sportsnut

I was just saying if you are going to attack one team you might as well go ahead and get them all

Carvers two titles were 3A championships and East assention is a direct correlation with the departure of Keith Wilkes at Carver. When Keith left Carver for Georgia and resurfacing in Charlotte, East started getting kids. Every successful team in Forsyth County benefits from the open enrollment policy!!! I'm a Forsyth County guy and from Parkland girls track and wrestling to RJR in boys bball a few years back every team benefits!!! It's hard on the highest level of football cause the talent is still spreaded to thin.

Reactions: DATROOTH
You guys talk like High Schools have something to offer kids in recruiting them. Winning programs recruit themselves because a kid would rather go to East Forsyth or Catholic rather than go to RJ Reynolds or Berry. If you were 16-18 years old would you rather play in a 3rd rd playoff game with 7500 people at it or would you rather not make the playoffs and play your home games in front of 200 people?

Now can we get back to talking about the East Forsyth Catholic game?

I not for a second believe does CC or East Recruit. I think there arw two or three schools in this state who recruit and I will not name them.

I think CC and East Forsyth are just TD result of hard work and coaching. I've been an east forsyth fan for a while now. East has lost more players than gained and no player they have gained is a starter or really plays. If they did play it was on JV. I can't speak for CC but let's focus on the game.

I not for a second believe does CC or East Recruit. I think there arw two or three schools in this state who recruit and I will not name them.

I think CC and East Forsyth are just TD result of hard work and coaching. I've been an east forsyth fan for a while now. East has lost more players than gained and no player they have gained is a starter or really plays. If they did play it was on JV. I can't speak for CC but let's focus on the game.
In the last 10 years I can think about two players both with extremely sad and horrible back stories and came to East Forsyth because they had too. One shot, one abused. Leave the kids alone and let them play there's no cheating.

Wont argue with that one bit Sportsnut

I was just saying if you are going to attack one team you might as well go ahead and get them all
How many teams in any class, in any county, in any conference have 100% players playing where they a
Carvers two titles were 3A championships and East assention is a direct correlation with the departure of Keith Wilkes at Carver. When Keith left Carver for Georgia and resurfacing in Charlotte, East started getting kids. Every successful team in Forsyth County benefits from the open enrollment policy!!! I'm a Forsyth County guy and from Parkland girls track and wrestling to RJR in boys bball a few years back every team benefits!!! It's hard on the highest level of football cause the talent is still spreaded to thin.
Sorry Uttb, seem so long ago that Carver was 3A I actually forgot. You are 100% correct on Coach Wilkes.

So here is my question to EF fans/people who have seen them more than the 2 game films I've seen.
What part of their DL is better against the run? The inside of the line or the ends? I know they have two pretty good linemen right in the middle of their DL.

What hurt Carver is not necessarily East Forsyth its was the opening of Atkins High School and Coach Wilkes leaving. That school hurt a couple other school because they're were pulling from different districts to make numbers for the school but thats neither here nor there, TALK FOOTBALL

Reactions: DATROOTH
So here is my question to EF fans/people who have seen them more than the 2 game films I've seen.
What part of their DL is better against the run? The inside of the line or the ends? I know they have two pretty good linemen right in the middle of their DL.
East Forsyth has 4 great DL man, one Young good one but still division one. the best is Samuel Cook. He is short but the strongest football player on the East Forsyth team. He is a 3 and a half year starter on varsity and made some great plays vs mallard creek last year. He is also the full back for east Forsyth having maybe 50 yards on the year and 4-6 TD's next up would be Dominic Booe also a three year starter he isn't as strong as Samuel cook but makes up for it with moves and techniques. The inside is much stronger, the outside features a rotation of Three all of which are division one athletes. I would once again say the inside is stronger just because of the strength those inside guys have

Alright guys... I have recovered from the beat down we took on Friday to respond without emotion. So where to start? First, seeing how many times I have seen what school have better coaching is a croc of shyte. Yes, Catholic has good coaches, but in this thread someone said Northern Guilford had better coaching. I was on that Northern Guilford staff and am on the Mt Tabor staff now. So did I just lose all of my ability to coach when I moved? There are some schools that don't have good coaching... those teams don't make the playoffs or out of the second round. Tired of seeing such and such a team has better coaching. Let's be real, Catholic doesn't have better coaching. Catholic has a system that they know and they know the adjustments to. They have been running it for what 50 years? The kids know the system and execute it. I'm really tired of seeing SO and so has better coaching than Catholic. I guess I could say other places have better coaches than Catholic because I seriously doubt they deal with kids that are homeless, haven't eaten because there is no food in the house, or whatever the case may be... so please stop that. It's stupid and ridiculous and honestly insults part of my profession.

Beal is different than Logan. TJ was the most ridiculous athlete I've ever coached. Beal is very good in a lot of the same ways, but isn't the same in some ways, and better than others. I won't talk any more about this because it's not fair to either kid.

Charlotte Catholics defense and OL were bigger and better in 2012 vs this year. Only part of the defense that might be better is the secondary. East Forsyth's OL will manhandle Catholic DL, especially the DTs. If they capture the LBs, something we weren't able to do last week, Catholic defense is in trouble. East has some really good receivers that Catholic will have to deal with as well.

Offensively for Catholic, they are a well oiled machine. They have a firm grasp on their wing-t offense and adjustments to what a defense is doing to it and what to run against it. It's what the wing T does. The passing game added to the wing-t running game execution is just vicious. As for how it matches up with East's defense, could be interesting. They are a different animal on defense. Their two DTs will handle anything your OL throws at them and will keep their LBs clean. The DEs are solid HS players. 50 for East is always around the ball and is a solid tackler... and they may have the best secondary in the state if not one of the top 2 or 3.

I like East Forsyth's offense against Catholic, personnnel mismatches all over the place for East. But I also like Catholic's offense to put up some points. If East can be plus 2 in turnover margin and make Catholic punt more than twice? East wins... if East turns it over and doesn't force Catholic to punt then Catholic will win.

Yes that last part is coach speak... I know the coaches at East and will be visiting with coaches at Catholic in the spring, so no pick from me!

I think one of the issues in dealing with Catholic is that few people see or run that offense anymore. None run it with nearly the precision that Catholic does. Everything is Spread now and 3 and 4 wide. Its just difficult to re-train DE's and LBs in 5 days.

I will be intrested to see if Willert changes his front at all.

Somebody brought up Logan comparing him to Beal...Logan was 3A.
Honestly, My opinion concerning Logan is disappointment as a college player. I think Beal will be a better college player. Elijah Hood has been disappointing too... both 5 stars hurt their stock playing for UNC's spread(Note to Recruits)and that offense severely hurt their draft stock... Hood is Slow, Logan is fast but not super fast or strong.

Beal will thrive at Wake Forest and have a better college career than both. He's easily played better competition over 4 years. And 10x better catching the ball out of the backfield. Hood & Logan struggle catching the ball out of the backfield for a UNC spread which should've helped them. Look at those anemic stats catching the ball.

Last edited:
Also beware that officials in Forsyth county are in my opinion a little more strict more often than not.

They call questionable penalties that change ball games. Ive seen players like the center for east two weeks ago get unsportsmanlike penalty for clapping his hands (one time) after he did a bad snap. Does it make sense of course not? They like to call holding and don't really allow a lot of physical hits. So if you get some bad calls east didn't pay the referees they just don't let kids play the game sometimes.

I think one of the issues in dealing with Catholic is that few people see or run that offense anymore. None run it with nearly the precision that Catholic does. Everything is Spread now and 3 and 4 wide. Its just difficult to re-train DE's and LBs in 5 days.

I will be intrested to see if Willert changes his front at all.

They have been training a new 5 man front to stop the run in the playoffs for three weeks now. A little bit here and there every day in anticipation for this week I presume.

Alright guys... I have recovered from the beat down we took on Friday to respond without emotion. So where to start? First, seeing how many times I have seen what school have better coaching is a croc of shyte. Yes, Catholic has good coaches, but in this thread someone said Northern Guilford had better coaching. I was on that Northern Guilford staff and am on the Mt Tabor staff now. So did I just lose all of my ability to coach when I moved? There are some schools that don't have good coaching... those teams don't make the playoffs or out of the second round. Tired of seeing such and such a team has better coaching. Let's be real, Catholic doesn't have better coaching. Catholic has a system that they know and they know the adjustments to. They have been running it for what 50 years? The kids know the system and execute it. I'm really tired of seeing SO and so has better coaching than Catholic. I guess I could say other places have better coaches than Catholic because I seriously doubt they deal with kids that are homeless, haven't eaten because there is no food in the house, or whatever the case may be... so please stop that. It's stupid and ridiculous and honestly insults part of my profession.

Beal is different than Logan. TJ was the most ridiculous athlete I've ever coached. Beal is very good in a lot of the same ways, but isn't the same in some ways, and better than others. I won't talk any more about this because it's not fair to either kid.

Charlotte Catholics defense and OL were bigger and better in 2012 vs this year. Only part of the defense that might be better is the secondary. East Forsyth's OL will manhandle Catholic DL, especially the DTs. If they capture the LBs, something we weren't able to do last week, Catholic defense is in trouble. East has some really good receivers that Catholic will have to deal with as well.

Offensively for Catholic, they are a well oiled machine. They have a firm grasp on their wing-t offense and adjustments to what a defense is doing to it and what to run against it. It's what the wing T does. The passing game added to the wing-t running game execution is just vicious. As for how it matches up with East's defense, could be interesting. They are a different animal on defense. Their two DTs will handle anything your OL throws at them and will keep their LBs clean. The DEs are solid HS players. 50 for East is always around the ball and is a solid tackler... and they may have the best secondary in the state if not one of the top 2 or 3.

I like East Forsyth's offense against Catholic, personnnel mismatches all over the place for East. But I also like Catholic's offense to put up some points. If East can be plus 2 in turnover margin and make Catholic punt more than twice? East wins... if East turns it over and doesn't force Catholic to punt then Catholic will win.

Yes that last part is coach speak... I know the coaches at East and will be visiting with coaches at Catholic in the spring, so no pick from me!

Disagree on Catholic defense. Think this year is better than 2012. Do agree on Oline

cvaughn while I respect your opinion Catholic does out coach teams because they just make better adjustments. Also the defense is way better than in 2012 in my opinion. Not saying they'd stop Logan because no one would he was a freak and the most explosive back I have ever seen.
The OL was bigger in 2012 I agree with you there, but I feel like this OL is more athletic than the 2012 line. If I had to choose I'd take this OL over our 2012 line all day.
Also CC's lack of size on the DL I don't think will be a problem. They've gone against teams all year that are much bigger than them and last yr vs Dudley they were at a pretty sizeable disadvantage and still were able to cause a ton of havoc.

I remember standing beside the DL coach before the state championship game and him saying something along the lines of "well, these guys match their listed size..." as I was looking up to most of them.

They have been training a new 5 man front to stop the run in the playoffs for three weeks now. A little bit here and there every day in anticipation for this week I presume.
Everyone runs a 5 man front, you can train all you want but you cannot reach the level of execution that Catholic does especially at this time of year. You can prepare as best you can, but it'll come down to can they play assignment football and remain disciplined for four full quarters.

Also beware that officials in Forsyth county are in my opinion a little more strict more often than not.

They call questionable penalties that change ball games. Ive seen players like the center for east two weeks ago get unsportsmanlike penalty for clapping his hands (one time) after he did a bad snap. Does it make sense of course not? They like to call holding and don't really allow a lot of physical hits. So if you get some bad calls east didn't pay the referees they just don't let kids play the game sometimes.

As it has been stated many times, 3rd round officials come from different areas, no WS or Charlotte officials working this game. OBTW, officials clinics start first Tuesday in June, will keep you posted as to where and start time. Always looking for new ones.

Will have to agree to disagree on DL and OL for Catholic. East has the advantage on both lines in my opinion. But it's just that my opinion.

As it has been stated many times, 3rd round officials come from different areas, no WS or Charlotte officials working this game. OBTW, officials clinics start first Tuesday in June, will keep you posted as to where and start time. Always looking for new ones.
Oops. Well if you play here in the regular season it sucks. Lol

Will have to agree to disagree on DL and OL for Catholic. East has the advantage on both lines in my opinion. But it's just that my opinion.
They do have an advantage in size. I just like Catholic's DL and their ability to get leverage better than most. It'll be interesting to see how EF responds to our offense because I do not believe they have seen a wing t run to the degree of precision that Catholic runs theirs to. Also wonder how they will handle the passing, Brady Berger statistically is having the bets season ever by a Catholic QB and he can fit passes into the smallest windows, it will be interesting to see if Catholic comes out throwing early like they did vs Mount Tabor.

cvaughn while I respect your opinion Catholic does out coach teams because they just make better adjustments. Also the defense is way better than in 2012 in my opinion. Not saying they'd stop Logan because no one would he was a freak and the most explosive back I have ever seen.
The OL was bigger in 2012 I agree with you there, but I feel like this OL is more athletic than the 2012 line. If I had to choose I'd take this OL over our 2012 line all day.
Also CC's lack of size on the DL I don't think will be a problem. They've gone against teams all year that are much bigger than them and last yr vs Dudley they were at a pretty sizeable disadvantage and still were able to cause a ton of havoc.

CC, you have a better memory than me. Didnt 2012 have Harrel at TE and the big kid who I cant recall his name at center. He would have been a JR.

Biggest difference with the 2012 defense and this year is the addition of Tucker Wendle. Basically the same kids as always, but the lb coaching is a big plus now.

CC, you have a better memory than me. Didnt 2012 have Harrel at TE and the big kid who I cant recall his name at center. He would have been a JR.
Hurney was the center, he currently plays at San Diego who travels to NDST in FCS playoffs. Harrel was gone at that point, he was class of 2012.

Biggest difference with the 2012 defense and this year is the addition of Tucker Wendle. Basically the same kids as always, but the lb coaching is a big plus now.
He also coaches special teams and makes the calls on defense. He has a very bright future in coaching. Has added tremendous value to the CC staff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT