ADVERTISEMENT

carolinapreps.com content

CherokeeKid

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2016
For history of WNC football, gobiggreen.net was a good resource. CarolinaPreps.com was also a good resource for team records by year, coaches, all time wins, etc. When carolinapreps.com merged with ncpreps, did that content get moved to ncpreps somewhere?

Reactions: Mhsneer
For history of WNC football, gobiggreen.net was a good resource. CarolinaPreps.com was also a good resource for team records by year, coaches, all time wins, etc. When carolinapreps.com merged with ncpreps, did that content get moved to ncpreps somewhere?
Chris said he was going to move it over but it doesn’t happen overnight so you’ll just have to be patient. I wish I had screen shotted the Burns info.

I wish he would move the site with the ADMs that went back about 10 years. It had a lot of information about each team and wins & loses over around 10 years and coaches records back many years. It was a trove of information that would help us all at times. I know once I found it many years ago, I went to it several times every football season and every playoff game to compare ADMs.. Chris, we need that really bad ! ! ! I am lost without it. It was the best tool on any message board that any site had !

I'm I the only one that remembers Chris saying it was probably lost for good.

Did I miss something?
I do know a lot about building websites and have built around 10 myself. I can tell more later but give it time. I've put them online, took them down temporarily, and put them on hold by removing 1 single dot or any single part of the address or other things.

Well...it’s out there but it’s going to take some money for engineers to retrieve it.

Chris is a lot like me. We hate to ask for any help but I agree that that info is so helpful.

If I had extra money I would help him but times are very hard and for me personally I lost about 1/3 of my income with no football in 2020. I printed up the NCPreps books and a lot were unsold and lot of the cost came out of my pocket.

Maybe we can set up a fund for the project because anything helps!

Well...it’s out there but it’s going to take some money for engineers to retrieve it.

Chris is a lot like me. We hate to ask for any help but I agree that that info is so helpful.

If I had extra money I would help him but times are very hard and for me personally I lost about 1/3 of my income with no football in 2020. I printed up the NCPreps books and a lot were unsold and lot of the cost came out of my pocket.

That makes a lot of sense now. It is not Chris's falt. It takes a lot of money to keep up a website that complicated with a lot of content. Wish I could help. Someone set up a go fund it.

Last edited:
Reactions: UNC91

Since you are part of rivals would the people at rivals help you retrieve the info. When I joined Volquest Brent Hubbs had to help me. It would show me logged in but when I went to the message boards it would say I wasn’t logged in. The rivals tech people fixed it.

Reactions: UNC91
Since you are part of rivals would the people at rivals help you retrieve the info. When I joined Volquest Brent Hubbs had to help me. It would show me logged in but when I went to the message boards it would say I wasn’t logged in. The rivals tech people fixed it.
That would call for more paying memberships. Maybe they can run a special as they did, maybe 2 or 3 years ago.

That would call for more paying memberships. Maybe they can run a special as they did, maybe 2 or 3 years ago.
I just thinking since Deana is part of rivals and TarHeel Illustrated maybe the Rivals tech people could help her out to retrieve the info from Carolina Preps that didn’t transfer over.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I will speak with Chris and see what he wants to do. Like I said before we hate asking for help.

@Appvol don't think Rivals would help with that since it wasn’t on this network.

One factor Chris mentioned is he don’t really know the cost of this undertaking.

I know we have some very passionate fans here and if we could get some support it would be well worth it.

I will speak with Chris and see what he wants to do. Like I said before we hate asking for help.

@Appvol don't think Rivals would help with that since it wasn’t on this network.

One factor Chris mentioned is he don’t really know the cost of this undertaking.

I know we have some very passionate fans here and if we could get some support it would be well worth it.

Never know till you ask. They might since you do so much work for them.

I dont really see it as asking for money. I see it as me buying a service that I would use alot.
Really, this is the way to look at it. Chris put in so much work on CarolinaPreps, as Deana does here, and it largely goes unappreciated, as we treat it as a free service, and expect it to be that way. I dont mind one bit to help pay for that data retrieval.

I just went and looked at a lot of biggreen.net using the way back machine. I have no idea how to copy it though.

Good idea. I actually got gobiggreen.net to pull up that way! I wonder if carolinapreps.com will pull up the same way...

Only records, no scores. CarolinaPreps individual team pages will pull up, again records no scores. This sucks. Could be worse though. Thanks everybody.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I think realizing that at the very least a good chunk of this info in one place is gone has made me realize the tremendous amount of work that had to have went into GoBigGreen and CarolinaPreps.

My goal is to have the pages back up before the fall season. I'm working with a programmer to re-build them, but when you're not really paying him, he works slow! It's probably going to cost around $2,500 or so to get them back up and running, and that's with me doing the bulk of the data-entry. When I built the pages, then had them modernized back around 2012, it cost me $14,000 doing it right; good quality website work is expensive!

My goal is to have the pages back up before the fall season. I'm working with a programmer to re-build them, but when you're not really paying him, he works slow! It's probably going to cost around $2,500 or so to get them back up and running, and that's with me doing the bulk of the data-entry. When I built the pages, then had them modernized back around 2012, it cost me $14,000 doing it right; good quality website work is expensive!
Chris, if you'll set up a GoFundMe, I'll donate. Let us know how to help!

If you want to see what goes into just this 1A football page and that is just this page itself and everything you click on to go somewhere else has just that much more HTML programing. But right-click anywhere on this page and a box comes up, then go down to (view page source) and click on it and it will blow your mind what every page takes to create.
It takes all the below just to get just this >1A Football< so every word, phrase or sentence takes this and more depending on what you want it to do it can be much more HTML coding. It is really a slow long drawn out time-consuming process. The numbers to the left content starts at 171 and ends at 17260
______________________________________________________________________________________

It takes all this to start 2A Football where you want it and stop it where you want then you start again with what comes next. This is not a detailed but simple way of giving you an idea.
<a href="https://ncpreps.forums.rivals.com/forums/2a-football.48/"
class="menu-linkRow u-indentDepth0 js-offCanvasCopy "
data-nav-id="2AFootball_ncPreps"><span>1A Football</span></a>

Last edited:
If you want to see what goes into just this 1A football page and that is just this page itself and everything you click on to go somewhere else has just that much more HTML programing. But right-click anywhere on this page and a box comes up, then go down to (view page source) and click on it and it will blow your mind what every page takes to create.
It takes all the below just to get just this >1A Football< so every word, phrase or sentence takes this and more depending on what you want it to do it can be much more HTML coding. It is really a slow long drawn out time-consuming process. The numbers to the left content starts at 171 and ends at 17260
______________________________________________________________________________________

It takes all this to start 2A Football where you want it and stop it where you want then you start again with what comes next. This is not a detailed but simple way of giving you an idea.
<a href="https://ncpreps.forums.rivals.com/forums/2a-football.48/"
class="menu-linkRow u-indentDepth0 js-offCanvasCopy "
data-nav-id="2AFootball_ncPreps"><span>1A Football</span></a>
What it really looks like is at line # 1761 but is not putting it here correctly because it needs more data than I need to post. Just remember everything you click on takes you to another page with just as much or more new HTML coding as the page you left.

Last edited:
I’ll donate

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT