ADVERTISEMENT

carolinapreps.com content

I'm I the only one that remembers Chris saying it was probably lost for good.

Did I miss something?
If I remember correctly Chris said he could bring it back but it cost several thousand dollars to do so and keep it up. Someone even said to start a go fund me page and someone said they would donate. It takes a lot of money to keep something with all the teams in the state on it and all the information updated. Maybe NCPrep will help bring it back.

If I remember correctly Chris said he could bring it back but it cost several thousand dollars to do so and keep it up. Someone even said to start a go fund me page and someone said they would donate. It takes a lot of money to keep something with all the teams in the state on it and all the information updated. Maybe NCPrep will help bring it back.
Ill be more than happy to donate if that’s what it takes

Reactions: Slasher Killer
My goal is to have the pages back up before the fall season. I'm working with a programmer to re-build them, but when you're not really paying him, he works slow! It's probably going to cost around $2,500 or so to get them back up and running, and that's with me doing the bulk of the data-entry. When I built the pages, then had them modernized back around 2012, it cost me $14,000 doing it right; good quality website work is expensive!
The last thing I remember Chris posting on his huge information on schools year by year school conference, school ADM, and coaches win & loss records. Lets just hope he can get it back up by this fall. Good Luck Chris, you had a good thing there !

Reactions: CherokeeKid
This is still an ongoing process, partly because the cost is very high, and second, it's having to manually re-enter all of the data. It is happening though, just slowly! Stay tuned.
Thank you, Chris. You had something in that that no one had, not even the NCHSAA has it all in one accessible place with so much information. It was genius to have created it that way with all the information in one place. I never went through a season without going to it multiple times ! I think NCPreps should kick in and help with expenses. It is to their benefit on 1A through 4A. If you had thought ahead of time and copied and saved all the HTML codes by right-clicking on the view page source, you could have saved every page.

Reactions: UNC91 and Mhsneer
I've really tried to avoid that because I hate to ask anyone for anything.... but I may consider it. Looking about 3,500 in programmer expenses.
Start a go fund me page and I will help with what I can. I'll be 71 this year and SS doesn't go far but I will add at least $25.00 or more and if 140 people did the same or more you can do it. Some can probably afford more. Who will match my $25.00 ?

Last edited:
Believe me if I had the extra money I would pick up the cost. I work two jobs so you know I’m struggling to get by, but I will donate if there is a fund.

I know too well about asking for donations with my football book.

Believe me if I had the extra money I would pick up the cost. I work two jobs so you know I’m struggling to get by, but I will donate if there is a fund.

I know too well about asking for donations with my football book.
This COVID year probably hurt you some on your book sales. It may pay you to get a deposit on preorder sales if you do one this fall. I will do a preorder and deposit if you do a magazine this summer. If you sell them at a location at Mount Airy scrimmage I will prepay the full cost. I may have a nother way to help you move some. Just an idea I was going to suggest this past fall but was afraid the COVID would ruin it. PM or email me if you do one and I will let you know what I have in mind. I will ask for nothing to help you out.

Last edited:
Start a go fund me page and I will help with what I can. I'll be 71 this year and SS doesn't go far but I will add at least $25.00 or more and if 140 people did the same or more you can do it. Some can probably afford more. Who will match my $25.00 ?
After all, a good number of us are not paying members of NCPrep. I one-time donation to get Chris's site back up is well worth it. Also for those that have not seen it you are going to be well satisfied with the trove of information, you can't find it anywhere on one site without hours of searching. ADMs, Conferences, and the season winners going back around 20 years. Coaches of each school and their win, lose records and different coaches that coached at all these schools going back many years. There is so much I can't list it all. If I have missed anything maybe someone else can list it. If I can afford more than $25.00, all the information is worth far far more for a one-time payment, not a donation because you will be getting far more for what up spend than many things we throw our money away for. Worth far more than 4 packs of cigarettes but I don't smoke.LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Mhsneer
There is something in the works to put the content up before the pages are done.... my web developer died of Covid so that's put me behind the 8-ball.

Reactions: UNC91
I really don't want to ask for donations, it's just not how I've ever rolled! I'm in the process of looking for new developers so I'll keep you posted.

Reactions: UNC91 and thekidd12
I want to give you all an update, I went under contract today with a new web developer and they feel confident that they can rebuild the database. Now I'll have to enter all of the games back in, by hand, but at least there is a chance that they could be up and running within a few weeks to a month.

Don't ask about the cost, I'm having to sell some body parts to pay for it, but it'll be worth it. (I hope)

I want to give you all an update, I went under contract today with a new web developer and they feel confident that they can rebuild the database. Now I'll have to enter all of the games back in, by hand, but at least there is a chance that they could be up and running within a few weeks to a month.

Don't ask about the cost, I'm having to sell some body parts to pay for it, but it'll be worth it. (I hope)
Chris,

I can help with entering data. I have the time and would like to see this history restored.

If you are smelly a spicy curry sauce it may be coming through those old CP pages straight out of New Delhi.

Reactions: UNC91
Just seeing this thread as I have not been around the boards much during Covid.

I would be happy to donate - let me know how I can pitch in. Loved browsing all those records/stats. Took a huge amount of effort to compile all that info.

Deana, I would also buy the book in the future if I can get it mailed. I don't live in NC but have picked it up in stores in the past when I'm there and can find it (not easy sometimes).

Wanted to give you guys an update, the team pages database has been reconstructed and they work again! The only problem is that they are empty and will have to be rebuilt.

As soon as the developers give me access to them, I’ll start adding teams/scores and info ASAP.

It’ll probably take a full year before they are back to where they were, but that’s better than where we are today!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT