ADVERTISEMENT

Cardinal Gibbons vs Chambers 4A State Championship game

I gUess the rain screwed up the broadcast ? You would think they could get this right ... one job 😂

That's a good question. I wish I could sit in on the meetings when they decide these things. I do know the rains have been forecasted for a few days now. A plan should have been in place just in case. Maybe NC State and UNC had those time slots taken, but idk.
Yeah I agree the only explanation I can have is maybe they had a time slot taken for earlier in the day. And holy cow look at the field 😯😳

As someone who has played in a literal hurricane and blizzard like conditions as well, playing in this type of weather is not fun at all. I hate to see important games like this have be effected by inclement weather…. But that’s how it goes I guess

Both teams playing in the same weather why are people complaining this is football weather

As someone who has played in a literal hurricane and blizzard like conditions as well, playing in this type of weather is not fun at all. I hate to see important games like this have be effected by inclement weather…. But that’s how it goes I guess
When my son played in high school this is what the field looked like in a playoff game.

FGXl8Y_XsAAjLbe.jpg

Chambers fumbled at their own 5 that’s a tough break because smothers got them to the 5 the play before.

Gibbons strike first. Getting those points before the rain starts falling is key as the pass game may have to be put on hold for both teams.
Hopefully Chambers can make the adjustments, but what I said in my quoted post could bite them in the butt. Especially if the rain picks back up.

Both teams playing in the same weather why are people complaining this is football weather
I've never agree with this. At the pro and college level it's tolerable, but HS is a different story. It makes the game unbearable to watch as a fan. It completly turns the game into a pop warner game. A bunch of running.

Gibbons hasn't attempted a pass since the rain came down.

I've never agree with this. At the pro and college level it's tolerable, but HS is a different story. It makes the game unbearable to watch as a fan. It completly turns the game into a pop warner game. A bunch of running.

Gibbons hasn't attempted a pass since the rain came down.
Good thing the games aren't played with the fans in mind. I would hate to see teams do things that hurt their chances to win just to make it more enjoyable for the fans to watch.

Good thing the games aren't played with the fans in mind. I would hate to see teams do things that hurt their chances to win just to make it more enjoyable for the fans to watch.
Playing in a monsoon hurts their chances. Man what are you even talking about.

Back in 1948 to 78. It is a reason why the NFL Teams like the Chargers, Rams, Raiders, Lions and Vikings all play in doors. And why the Super Bowl and College Semi Finals and Chip are played in warm weather places. Nobody wants to see 3 yards and slop on TV or in the stands now. You basically took away the WRs and OBs part of it. Boringggggg!!!!

I'll say this...CG has the lead n the momentum they need to keep the gas and don't let up if it stays close jus like I said vs Hough ur gonna give us confidence and we can score in bunches.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Watching the Georgia championships today and them being able to play in Mercedes Benz Stadium is extremely clutch. It was raining all day there as well.

Back in 1948 to 78. It is a reason why the NFL Teams like the Chargers, Rams, Raiders, Lions and Vikings all play in doors. And why the Super Bowl and College Semi Finals and Chip are played in warm weather places. Nobody wants to see 3 yards and slop on TV or in the stands now. You basically took away the WRs and OBs part of it. Boringggggg!!!!
Speak for your self ... I personally love the grind it out wing-t’s , triple options , 3 yard and a cloud of dust football ...... not a big fan of spread football ... it wins games but I like to watch hard nose football

No matter what happens in this game, the losing teams players will say “I wish we could have played in good conditions” for the rest of their lives
There has been no fan of either team that has said that so far. Only me. I just want to watch a better game and the weather is messing that up.

That's why I don't like playing in monsoons. You don't see plays like that in those conditions. Since the rain has subsided, both teams can get back to their strengths and CG is thriving right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT